• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Mannerisms

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hah, i was the same way from the time i was born to the end highschool.
But since i've graduated and started working i've just said the hell with it and have become a complete goofball and it's really made me loads happier and a much more enjoyable person to be around :)

And yes, i am very expressive with both my hands and face when i'm talking, i even like to use props if they are available.
My ENFJ mom is the same way too, you could be deaf and still understand what she is saying because she is very animated and uses her entire body when she talks. Between the two of us i think we kind of drain the energy out of my INFP sister and INFJ dad.

Oh and HI!, its my first post :hi:

I've almost given up the stone faced killer look I have been trying to achieve. I do get it going for a day or two, but then someone shows up and they look all depressed and I have to bust out the crackhead normal personality to cheer em up or some other such scenario.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Hah, i was the same way from the time i was born to the end highschool.
But since i've graduated and started working i've just said the hell with it and have become a complete goofball and it's really made me loads happier and a much more enjoyable person to be around :)

And yes, i am very expressive with both my hands and face when i'm talking, i even like to use props if they are available.
My ENFJ mom is the same way too, you could be deaf and still understand what she is saying because she is very animated and uses her entire body when she talks. Between the two of us i think we kind of drain the energy out of my INFP sister and INFJ dad.

Oh and HI!, its my first post :hi:

same here :). it's a great feeling when you're no longer holding back yourself. i think a lot of ENFP's were shy earlier in life because the E means that they care about what other people say.

to hathor_sekhmet, i guess that's just the difference between being an E or an I. it's where we get energy afterall. ;)

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I hate to tell ya but I don't think being expressive is really an ENFP exclusive thing. I do it to. Talking with the hands, big smiles, goofy looks, the whole shebang.

I can definitely relate to what everyone is talking about, though, with coming out of your shell and just acting like the person you were always meant to be. It's nice and comforting. I think it could be more of an male ENFX problem. Women can be as expressive and friendly as they want but when guys do it we're either gay or weird.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
think it could be more of an male ENFX problem. Women can be as expressive and friendly as they want but when guys do it we're either gay or weird.

absolutely. we've had many conversations here on MBTIC where male ENFP's said they acted tougher than they were when they were young (myself included) just so they would be socially respectable. im not saying that it's just an ENFP thing btw, i'm just saying that we do :alttongue:.

if i was female, i wouldn't have been have as shy as a child. gosh, i might have even been popular! :shock:

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i have noticed ive mimicked certain characteristics off people I often see eg. how to hold an instrument case, walks to walk, ways to sit and using hand gestures and certain ways of communication. very strange o_O

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Have you noticed that enfp's make jerky or spunky or quick movements? My daughters love to playfully mock my animated reactions to things. It seems I can't talk without using my hands (and I am not even Italian!)

I am not even aware of the 'dramatic' aspect of how I communicate but apparently it is always there. When they imitate me, it is embarrassing and I ask, "Do I really look like that?!?!" They smile and say, "yessss..."

So true for me, I can't even play taboo without using my hands. I get my team in trouble for using my hands to explain a word. I literally have to sit on my hands which I find I play bad without using them. Its like my hands help me think. I also have an expressive face. People can tell how I feel by just looking at my face. Sometimes I make face expressions unconsciously.

G

garbage

I think it could be more of an male ENFX problem. Women can be as expressive and friendly as they want but when guys do it we're either gay or weird.

Same

I've grown into being emotionally expressive, though, and stopped giving a damn about what other people might think about it. I remind myself of a damn girl sometimes :doh:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Same

I've grown into being emotionally expressive, though, and stopped giving a damn about what other people might think about it. I remind myself of a damn girl sometimes :doh:

Some girls find that seductive. ...actually, a lot of girls find that seductive. It's the guys that take issue with it unless they're Latin, Italian, French, etc..

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah, I'm very expressive too. I tend to speak with my entire body, but most significantly with my hands and rapid facial changes.
I wasn't aware about the hand-thing before a teacher at a doctoral presentation course pointed to my way of gesticulating as being in synch with what I was talking about and thus great at conveying my points to the audience.

He said that one of the most frequent problems (apart from lifeless immobility) in the presentations he saw, was when both hands kept flying around aimlessly in front of the speaker's face and chest, thus both distracting the audience from the actual speech content and building a communicative wall of 'fending off' gestures between speaker and audience.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I kind of envy you guys for your expressive nature.

I find it rather annoying in a "I share three letters with these guys?" sort of way. It's not that they're more expressive. They express differently. To the casual observer an INFP and ISTJ have a lot more in common than an INFP and ENFP, and he might even be right in a lot of ways.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have 10,001 facial expressions. Unless I am specifically manipulating my guise because it is not natural for me to respond in a desired way, I look like I feel.

I have always been moved by the Neil Young line "..it's these expressions I never give, that keep me searchin' for a heart of gold.."

it's so true. I can actually relate my contentment by how well my face has been worked out that day. If I don't exercise it in many ways I notice the rigidity (EG not smiling or laughing or relaxing, I can feel tension in my face). Likewise if I am not stimulated in a serious way enough my look just becomes kinda droopy or melancholy/bored. That being said most of the time I can be found with a smile :D

sculpting

with me and my herd o' enfps-Very animated facial gestures, eye movements, an inability to hide expressions. You can see what we are thinking. Lots of hand movements.

Our voices are often very animated and we can be loud. We laugh a lot.

Most of these folks are older so have learned to chill for short periods of time. In meetings though this weird thing happens-they all get slack jawed when they are thinking and can be real blunt and pointed. We all Ne hop around.

The best was a meeting with an INTJ, about four ENFPs, an IXTJ, and an ESTJ. The ESTJ was not really on the same page as the rest of us...

It doesnt matter how hard I try and hide what I feel I think people can see it.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I tend to be both emotionally expressive and physically animated when I speak, and boy oh boy do I gesticulate.

:yes:
Hahahahahhaa, I was about to write the exact same thing... again, I totally forgot that I posted in this thread, already.

:smoke: