• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah that happens alot, I'm always complimented on my looks.

Odd thing with me is that while sometimes I'll say many things are cute, other times the very word "cute" makes me cringe.

I have no problem in calling things "cute"... I call alot of things cute; Whether it be: Other peoples kids, a couple that gets along, baby animals etc... The only time I get annoyed about the word "cute"; Is when a girl is referring that to me in basicallys saying "your cute but not in an attractive way"..

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have no problem in calling things "cute"... I call alot of things cute; Whether it be: Other peoples kids, a couple that gets along, baby animals etc... The only time I get annoyed about the word "cute"; Is when a girl is referring that to me in basicallys saying "your cute but not in an attractive way"..

Well I don't like when poeple call other people cute to often. It makes me feel so unspecial and like everyone else (your no better then other). Does that make me sound like I have to much self-worth?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
One day I'll grow some balls and type what I think when I think it, not 5 deletions and revisions later.

I'll trade... I act way too much like an ESTP than I would like, and I cant control it, almost an OCD need to crack off some remark on everything - It really makes me want to punch something sometimes. :steam: - I'm sure my life and how people view me would be a lot better if I could get my shadow tied down... It's like Peter Pan and his crazy shadow.

I never SAY something is cute (I don't need to be considered gay on top of being considered a hippy/stalker), but I can think it. My ISFP friend, though he's on the more redneck-y side of personalities, expressing things in a way I find cute.

And I totally agree with the last part. Anything said too much just loses its meaning. Kind of how my brother always says 'I love you.' if he thinks me did something that annoyed someone. That bugs me too.

B

ByMySword

So true...

One day I'll grow some balls and type what I think when I think it, not 5 deletions and revisions later. ;)

Everytime I actually do that, I regret it immediately afterwards. :doh:

Either I end up hurting someone way more than I intended to, hurt them when I didn't intend to at all, and/or get crucified by said person and everyone else for being too honest.

People really don't want to hear/read what we truly think sometimes.

I don't think they can handle/understand it.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
you call a lot of things cute...well i do this anyway! ..and a lot of people call you cute, but you don't see yourself as cute.

I don't really call most things cute, I'll just smile. And I too get the whole "You are soo cute" from girls, but no I don't see it.

B

ByMySword

I don't really call most things cute, I'll just smile. And I too get the whole "You are soo cute" from girls, but no I don't see it.

I try to avoid the word "cute" at all times since I just don't feel it gives off a masculine vibe.

However, I have been getting known to use it in an unfortunately increasing manner.

Seriously, sometimes its just the perfect word. :blush:

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I fear "cute" for the same reason, man. I feel like I have to work on becoming more masculine when I'm out in public.

You know when you're an INFJ male when you wish for a little more T and hyped masculinity.

B

ByMySword

Just keep exercising your T and it will develop over time.

True story.

Sometimes I think I've developed it to where I'm almost devoid of feeling.

I thought it would be something to brag about, but really, I find I wish I could get some of my F back.

Shinzon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
True story.

Sometimes I think I've developed it to where I'm almost devoid of feeling.

I thought it would be something to brag about, but really, I find I wish I could get some of my F back.

I can relate to this. It almost felt like I painted myself into a corner with all my over analyzing. I felt cold and I felt like I lost touch with a necessary part of myself. Since then I've been actively trying to accept and cultivate that softer, non-masculine side of my personality. I feel at lot more at peace now.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I can relate to this. It almost felt like I painted myself into a corner with all my over analyzing. I felt cold and I felt like I lost touch with a necessary part of myself. Since then I've been actively trying to accept and cultivate that softer, non-masculine side of my personality. I feel at lot more at peace now.

I know where you're coming from there. Some days I wish I could just dump a lot of my excess knowledge and just learn to accept things without agonizing over them.

What's weird is that online I feel more balanced. Maybe because the people I associate with there are strong NFs. Offline I seem more Se and reactive. I'm learning to keep my thoughts from coming out of my mouth unless there is a good reason for it.

On a different note, I figure that NTs (And other types) think in terms of the question, how to answer it, and the answer, in that order. But INFJs seem to think in terms of the question, answer, and then they wonder how they came up with it.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ

On a different note, I figure that NTs (And other types) think in terms of the question, how to answer it, and the answer, in that order. But INFJs seem to think in terms of the question, answer, and then they wonder how they came up with it.

Definitely. This is why I've always been great at standardized multiple choice tests and not very good at "show your work" type tests.

G

Glycerine

Definitely. This is why I've always been great at standardized multiple choice tests and not very good at "show your work" type tests.

+5 I always get marked off for messing up the procedure on math tests but Ti helps a lot w/ this dilemma.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
+5 I always get marked off for messing up the procedure on math tests but Ti helps a lot w/ this dilemma.

Yup! ... I don't think Ive ever gone through a science experiment without messing -something- in the procedure up... or breaking something.

Ive been thinking, are INFJs more in tune with the unconcious than other types? I seem to focus on the ephemeral stuff in my mind... That reminds me of a part in a book I recently read:

First Thoughts: Conscious, everyone has these. (Ahh! A piano is going to hit me!)
Second Thoughts: Thinking about thinking, people who like to think have these. (It looksl ike I'm scared for my life)
Third Thoughts: Can be bad, yet useful too. (Oh cool, its mahogany!)

sade

I wonder how many times a maths/chem teacher has asked me over because the test answers were right but the procedure completely whacked up.
"How did you manage this?"

S

Sniffles

Yes I was irritated by the whole "show your work" nonsense. They're more interested in HOW you came to the answer rather the simple you actually arrived at the right answer.

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
I try to avoid the word "cute" at all times since I just don't feel it gives off a masculine vibe.

However, I have been getting known to use it in an unfortunately increasing manner.

Seriously, sometimes its just the perfect word. :blush:

interesting. the 2 infjs that i know also have their pet words. The guy likes "eventually." the girl, "actually."

off the top of my head, i cannot think of any other friends that do the same.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
interesting. the 2 infjs that i know also have their pet words. The guy likes "eventually." the girl, "actually."

off the top of my head, i cannot think of any other friends that do the same.

Mine's "Dude", as in "What's up, dude?" - "That's okay, dude." - I got it from a french foreign exchange student I befriended. he was an INFJ also I think.