• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Okay, now I have to loan them.

Harry Potter or Dark Tower?

After I posted I was reflecting and thought "Well... I guess Harry Potter IS pretty dark once you get to the 4th book... but not as twisted... okay maybe twisted, but in a different way. *Mental shrug*"

I'm just not into the popular stuff, if I hear people talk about it in a fanboy way, the thing becomes distasteful to me. Harry Potter is out of the Hype, so I guess its time to reread them :D

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Harry Potter or Dark Tower?

After I posted I was reflecting and thought "Well... I guess Harry Potter IS pretty dark once you get to the 4th book... but not as twisted... okay maybe twisted, but in a different way. *Mental shrug*"

I'm just not into the popular stuff, if I hear people talk about it in a fanboy way, the thing becomes distasteful to me. Harry Potter is out of the Hype, so I guess its time to reread them :D

Argh, see, now I have to reread the Dark Tower after I'm done with Lord of the Rings.

Look what you've done Skyward! ;)

B

ByMySword

I'm working on reading all the other Stephen King books related to it for now.

Can't wait till the new Marvel Mini-Series comes out and I get to continue Roland's story. :nice:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm working on reading all the other Stephen King books related to it for now.

Can't wait till the new Marvel Mini-Series comes out and I get to continue Roland's story.

Like Salem's Lot and Insomnia? I haven't gotten to either of those... The marvel comics look cool too. Cant get those from the library though :\

G

Glycerine

You get anxious around certain types of people but you don't know exactly why... you just want to avoid them.

B

ByMySword

Like Salem's Lot and Insomnia? I haven't gotten to either of those... The marvel comics look cool too. Cant get those from the library though :\

Salem's Lot is awesome.

Haven't started Insomnia yet, but I have it.

The Marvel mini series I've really been enjoying.

They start with the events of Wizard and Glass and are going to go all the way to the Battle of Jericho Hill.

Its supposed to fill us in on all the details of Roland's time as a young gunslinger and the fall of the Gilead. :nice:

S

Sniffles

*Looks up aphoristic, likes new words*

Mhm that sounds right. I think the fragmentary mindset is from a train of thought that sometimes just suddenly breaks off, say from a distraction or mis-path of thought, and you either have to hold the previous train or lose it altogether. At least for me anyway.

Yes this is a common problem I face, where I'm unable to fully complete a line of thought for various reasons. Either I'm distracted by a more immediate concern, exhausted from work, lack of time overall, etc.

It really gets to you after a while, since there's so many thoughts and issues you wish to comprehend and explore - but various factors prevent you from doing so.

Work especially is a major obstacle, since I'm often too exhausted afterwards to think at all. I swear they intend to beat the very notion of thought or interest out of me during the course of the workday. :(

99% of the population haven't a clue what you're talking about 99% of the time.
Oh yeah, just read a sampling of my posts; it's more than obvious.

Lotr246

You are more likely to view things in terms of right/wrong rather than good/evil

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Salem's Lot is awesome.

Haven't started Insomnia yet, but I have it.

Insomnia is a little weird. It made me extremely exhausted reading it (because imagining what it's like to not sleep does that to me), but I enjoyed the ideas.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You get anxious around certain types of people but you don't know exactly why... you just want to avoid them.

So true! Ive always tried to explain it as 'they're shallow/self-serving/assholes/Corruptively attractive in personality'

You are more likely to view things in terms of right/wrong rather than good/evil

Mhm! Good/Evil is so subjective. The whole 'Good is the side you happen to be on at the time or prefer. while Evil is what is against that view' thing. It also is one of the bigger differences between INFPs and INFJs

- You can wonder on a problem for days and suddenly, MONTHs later, after you've forgotten the problem, you suddenly figure it out.

- You totally know the 'Eureka!' feeling

- You randomly speak in weird accents in certain situations ( Cock-er-ney for banter, Babycakes' for musing thoughts, et c )

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ

Usually it's people who are super loud and crude and don't think about and don't care how what's coming out of their mouths and their actions affect others!!! It's probably because I know they can hurt me. Also, jerks have certain mannerisms that I pick up on almost immediately....It's this insecure fake confidence...like they're saying "I am sooooo suave......right?" Oh, and I pay attention to how they respond to people who are "lower on the social hierarchy" or not as "good-looking" as they are. That's gives insight into their character and maturity.

- You randomly speak in weird accents in certain situations ( Cock-er-ney for banter, Babycakes' for musing thoughts, et c )

Totally! If you're gonna joke about it, you might as well get in character!

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
- You can wonder on a problem for days and suddenly, MONTHs later, after you've forgotten the problem, you suddenly figure it out.

I do all these!

...I love my little accents :blush:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Usually it's people who are super loud and crude and don't think about and don't care how what's coming out of their mouths and their actions affect others!!! It's probably because I know they can hurt me. Also, jerks have certain mannerisms that I pick up on almost immediately....It's this insecure fake confidence...like they're saying "I am sooooo suave......right?" Oh, and I pay attention to how they respond to people who are "lower on the social hierarchy" or not as "good-looking" as they are. That's gives insight into their character and maturity.

Exactly. Arrogance is just another form of insecurity. Though there are some people who have hints of arrogance but are just nice people with loud faces. I gotta get used to them before anything else happens.

There are people who are essentially nice people but have NO idea that what they say really bugs the f!ck out of people. If I can catch them in a different mood they're great. Otherwise :steam:

Totally! If you're gonna joke about it, you might as well get in character!

*Bri'ish accent* Sow, thoise three gois wol' inna a baa' see? An' one was a Bri' an' annatha wa' Sco'ish an' d' las' one was Oirish....

(Sounds a lot better in person :D)

I do all these!

...I love my little accents

:wubbie:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Oh good. I do silly accents too. Have since 9th grade. Most people don't seem to mind, so I'll continue to pretend it makes me look really cool instead of really stupid. :D

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
someone should think to me something about this.

I have a problem with over-Se-ing. I could be minding my own business in my mind when Se distracts me into reality and I lose my train of thought.

And Ive wondered if my my thoughts weren't as deep as the typical INFJs.

i've come up with results of ISTP ISTP ISFP + ISFJ and, when i was reading different sites' descriptions of each personality type, parts of each of them represented something familiar to me, but only certain aspects. they are things that i know i've done before or qualities that i know i have been described as having, but i can't read and agree completely with any personality type description other than infj.

the multiple tests i've taken always result in a about 75% introversion, then 50/50 intuition/sensing and feeling/thinking, and something like 60 or 70% judging. i've thought (ha) about test results and my own feelings (...ha) alot and it makes me wonder: even with the concentration and amount of energy i put into into every aspect of my life, i think our society causes me to be less in touch with my real self (my soul more or less) and I become an IS something every now and then when i'm convinced that taking on those qualities will help accomplish a task that needs to be completed which will result in happiness and harmony across the board.

the people really close to me who I actually share my self with are an INTP (who can offer many great ideas but listen to and accept fewer) and two INFPs (self-conscious and everything-conscious, thinker-feeler solution brewing machines). Together we sort of make really good things happen naturally. it's a great environment, where the way we live our internal realities and our external realities isn't expected to be two different ways of perceiving things. so we can all sort of be I N F/T J/P 's together.

I also have a tough time expressing Fe. I think its the masculinity complex battered on me through life that holds it in. Combined with self consciousness... :steam:

i think you're very right about the cause of.

- You know you're an INFJ when you're in the middle of some combination of 3 types (INFP, INTP, and ISFP here ) and aren't sure if you're an INFJ since you aren't living up to others level of 'INFJ-ness' (That's just me anyways :D)

i suppose after you read everything i've said already you can probably say you're a regular all-around INFJ, and so much so you can utilize your ability to morph into OTHER PERSONALITIES!!! when deemed necessary. based on your coriest of core values.

well shit

sade

I thought I was crazy because I do this. :blush:
I do it even in the foreign languages I've learned.

V

violaine

- You totally know the 'Eureka!' feeling.

Yes! I live for that feeling. I love knowing that all the while my mind has been working away on the problem. It is a nice source of security for me if that makes sense.

LOL! (Not babytalk, not ever). I'm a big fan of various British accents, myself. :D Plus a phrase I like to say in my best approximation of a Jamaican accent.. currently perfecting an American accent too, teehee.

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ha, here's a good one. Not sure if it applies to every INFJ...but oh well =P.

You find it almost impossible to have any kind of fantasy unless love in involved =/.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Ha, here's a good one. Not sure if it applies to every INFJ...but oh well =P.

You find it almost impossible to have any kind of fantasy unless love in involved =/.

I'm a teenager so I can have fantasies whenever I want! :devil:

Though I agree in that they are a lot better when there IS love involved.

- You know you're an INFJ when you -really- don't care if you're adequate sexually. I like to say that they day I worry about another man's schwanz size is the day I turn gay. Frankly boobies are too awesome to pass up :D