• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I think I'm more T developed, or just plain really introverted so showing off my Fe is tougher ( I'm really self conscious, its got my shoelaces tied together socially unless I just 'go' )

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm quite introverted myself, even very much so as a small child and baby. My mom told me that I was always very quiet, never whined or fussed or complained or anything like that, and would be completely content playing with one toy for hours on end. Also, when I'd get home from--really early elementary, I think--every day she'd ask me what we did, and all I would ever say is "We played and played and played and that's all the talkin'.", and then I'd go straight to my room and play with my toys. :laugh:

I always get 90-100% I on tests.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm quite introverted myself, even very much so as a small child and baby. My mom told me that I was always very quiet, never whined or fussed or complained or anything like that, and would be completely content playing with one toy for hours on end. Also, when I'd get home from--really early elementary, I think--every day she'd ask me what we did, and all I would ever say is "We played and played and played and that's all the talkin'.", and then I'd go straight to my room and play with my toys.

I always get 90-100% I on tests.

I think I was like that a lot, granted I barely remember anything, but I do remember always having a couple friends I played pretend with as I grew up. Pretend just evolved into Dungeons and Dragons :D

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ when you have a mild case of OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder).

Lotr246

You know you're an INFJ when you have a mild case of OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder).

:) Oh yes. I recheck a lot of things. And even after I check them, I still feel uneasy or think that it's changed even though I know it would be impossible for it to. For example, I always have to check if my wallet is in my pocket. When I move from place to place, I always have to check if it's still there.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:) Oh yes. I recheck a lot of things. And even after I check them, I still feel uneasy or think that it's changed even though I know it would be impossible for it to. For example, I always have to check if my wallet is in my pocket. When I move from place to place, I always have to check if it's still there.

Yep, me too. I do the same with my keys.

sade

You know youre an INFJ when extremes bug you, and the Taoist philosophy is appealing 'Harmony of Opposites'

- And when you would rather edit a post to add info than make a double post since somewhere way back in your history you heard somewhere that 'Double Posting as BAAAD juju'

- And when you like adding weird slang into your vocabulary, if ya ken.

- When you feel more natural online (Or in your head) than in Reality.
You're good. :)

Here is a very good description of the INFJ:
INFJ
Very mundane & very true.

Very mild, but checking is good.. Right? :cheese:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
99% of the population haven't a clue what you're talking about 99% of the time. I swear sometime I am speaking another language I'm not aware of.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
99% of the population haven't a clue what you're talking about 99% of the time. I swear sometimes I am speaking another language I'm not aware of.

lol, amen to that.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1

Lol, I had a crappy experience where I forgot to do this. I left my office and locked up but then 20 minutes later on the train, I forgot if I did or not. I just totally blanked out and couldn't remember. I kind of just had to trust that I wouldn't leave something like that unchecked. Thankfully, when I showed up the next work day, all was well. :)

The formula is: Stress + overstimulated Ni = complete Se failure.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
im coming. it's tomorrow right?

Tomorrow is two days after yesterday. 3 after the day before, and one before the day after tomorrow. Which could or could not be the apocalypse, depending on if God decides to go rock climbing. :newwink:

I have a problem with over-Se-ing. I could be minding my own business in my mind when Se distracts me into reality and I lose my train of thought.

And Ive wondered if my my thoughts weren't as deep as the typical INFJs.

Still trying to extricate myself from OCD-ing over type and using typical terms to describe people. I'm always catching myself saying 'oh he's a total E and then looking at it with 'Some people just ACT E, he might be an INFJ!' and then its just a whirlpool of confusion that I cant help but stare into until Se saves me.

I also have a tough time expressing Fe. I think its the masculinity complex battered on me through life that holds it in. Combined with self consciousness... :steam:

- You know you're an INFJ when you're in the middle of some combination of 3 types (INFP, INTP, and ISFP here ) and aren't sure if you're an INFJ since you aren't living up to others level of 'INFJ-ness' (That's just me anyways :D)

- And when you procrastinate just because you won't be able to get as much as you hope done in the time you have (Since you HAVE to reach a certain point in order to feel 'set' to move on from it)

- When you can't stand people at first, then once you talk to them they aren't THAT bad.

- When calculus would be fun if only it was more straightforward (My teacher sez it is, but I don't think so)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
- You know you're an INFJ when you're in the middle of some combination of 3 types (INFP, INTP, and ISFP here ) and aren't sure if you're an INFJ since you aren't living up to others level of 'INFJ-ness' (That's just me anyways :D)

Sometimes, maybe. I don't know. I don't really keep track of "others level of 'INFJ-ness'."

- And when you procrastinate just because you won't be able to get as much as you hope done in the time you have (Since you HAVE to reach a certain point in order to feel 'set' to move on from it)

Hmm, no. Not me. I procrastinate because starting things is hard, and messing around and doing fun time-wasting things is easy. :) It's because I procrastinate that I don't always do what I hoped to do. Not the other way around.

- When you can't stand people at first, then once you talk to them they aren't THAT bad.

I'm finding this more and more true for instant messaging that progresses to chatting on voice. I find some people's typing styles drive me up a wall and I think they sound incredibly stupid. But the moment they get on voice 9 times out of 10 I'll like them more and think they're a lot cooler than before. (Especially if they've got a really goofy-sounding laugh/other verbal quirk.) I guess I finally get to hear what kind of person they are. They become real people, and I find myself understanding what they mean when they type something much better because I know how they would have said it.

- When calculus would be fun if only it was more straightforward (My teacher sez it is, but I don't think so)

It's not that bad. Just make a list of various methods and general reasons why someone would use that method. Then when asked a problem, underline keywords for what's being asked, run through the list, apply a method that would likely match the keywords, solve, rinse, repeat with another method if it fails.

Of course, getting the methods right in the first place is the hard part. That was where I had problems. I'd forget to do something and make a careless mistake.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Sometimes, maybe. I don't know. I don't really keep track of "others level of 'INFJ-ness'."
I think maturity is the difference here. I'm only in my late teens and am still trying to 'settle' internally at least to a degree where I can look away from it and move on. Its turned into an annoying obsession that I'm slowly peeling away from. Though its kinda like peeling duct tape off of the back of your neck.

Hmm, no. Not me. I procrastinate because starting things is hard, and messing around and doing fun time-wasting things is easy. :) It's because I procrastinate that I don't always do what I hoped to do. Not the other way around.
I think I just said an excuse, not a reason :D :)doh:) - That's probably it right there. "Dammit I gotta finish these graphs... oooh an Ayn Rand book..."

I still need to finish those graphs :dry:

I'm finding this more and more true for instant messaging that progresses to chatting on voice. I find some people's typing styles drive me up a wall and I think they sound incredibly stupid. But the moment they get on voice 9 times out of 10 I'll like them more and think they're a lot cooler than before. (Especially if they've got a really goofy-sounding laugh/other verbal quirk.) I guess I finally get to hear what kind of person they are. They become real people, and I find myself understanding what they mean when they type something much better because I know how they would have said it.

For me its just jumping to conclusions about people. I'm still struggling with having more optimism with people. A flamboyant person is seen as 'shallow, self centered prick' while everyone is self centered to a degree, I cant tell depth by 5 seconds/minutes of watching them. Especially if its a situation which instigates shallowness, like parties.

It's not that bad. Just make a list of various methods and general reasons why someone would use that method. Then when asked a problem, underline keywords for what's being asked, run through the list, apply a method that would likely match the keywords, solve, rinse, repeat with another method if it fails.

Of course, getting the methods right in the first place is the hard part. That was where I had problems. I'd forget to do something and make a careless mistake.

This is the basic concepts of calculus I'm working on, heck barely more than trig! - Graphs throw off my train of thought since I cant have more than one input at a time (Logic from the equation and visual from the graph itself).

Once I get the concept it comes easy, but before that it sort of bounces against my head like rain.

- You know you're an INFJ when you could totally see yourself living in an underground house (Hill, cave, bunker, et c) just for the solitude, and on the rare occasions of family visits, conversation material.

- You know you're an INFJ when you love to talk to people, but all that's stopping you is a lack of an ice-breaker (I've been called awkward enough times that I'm careful in what I start with, AND if my idea sounds iffy, I just ignore the situation)

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't double-check things because I know I always do it perfect the first time.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I don't double-check things because I know I always do it perfect the first time.

I double-check TO get it perfect the first time :D

B

ByMySword

I love how there is a growing number of INFJs with Dark Tower pics as their avatar.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I love how there is a growing number of INFJs with Dark Tower pics as their avatar.

I just got past the Dandelo part of the last book :D

Dark Tower is like Harry Potter, but for the people of darker mindset >:}