• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've found that it doesn't work nearly as well as using both separately.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While in the shower, you can't remember if you just washed your hair, so you wash it again.

wow. This happens to me too. It's so irritating. ha.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
:rolli: Sadly, yes. I do that on a regular basis.

To add onto the cleanliness embarrassment---

You know you're an INFJ if you've put body wash in your hand and used it as shampoo and have put shampoo on your loofah and used it as body wash...

I think this only tells you that you're a sensotard.

P

Phantonym

Hi everybody! I'm really new to this stuff, but after reading this thread (yes, the whole 700+ posts in a row) I feel quite at home. :)

This brings to my puzzle. I really like listening to music but when I'm asked what kind of music or bands I like to listen, my mind just freezes. I mean, I just can't bring myself to point out any one band that I like the most. I just feel that whenever I listen to music, it depends on what mood I'm in and that again depends on...whatever.
Saying that I like X kind of feels unjust to Y because on some other occasion I like Y just as much as X. Makes sense, uh? :shock:

I've been wondering if this is just my own inner weirdo at work but can you guys/gals relate to this? I'm not even sure if this has anything to do with INFJness :blush:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hi everybody! I'm really new to this stuff, but after reading this thread (yes, the whole 700+ posts in a row) I feel quite at home. :)

This brings to my puzzle. I really like listening to music but when I'm asked what kind of music or bands I like to listen, my mind just freezes. I mean, I just can't bring myself to point out any one band that I like the most. I just feel that whenever I listen to music, it depends on what mood I'm in and that again depends on...whatever.
Saying that I like X kind of feels unjust to Y because on some other occasion I like Y just as much as X. Makes sense, uh? :shock:

I've been wondering if this is just my own inner weirdo at work but can you guys/gals relate to this? I'm not even sure if this has anything to do with INFJness :blush:

Not weird. Fairly standard around here. I believe a few other NF types have said similar things. There are some threads around here about music and type. It might give you some insight.

S

Sniffles

Welcome and relax, you're not a weirdo - at least not to us.

Yes I can't count how many times this has happened to me - where my mind freezes not only when asked about favorite kinds of music or bands, but rather asked about favorites of anything really!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you dive and hide when you hear someone coming down the stairs and make a game out of seeing if they see you or not. (Maybe just an I thing? :D)

A senso-wha? Are you making fun of me?

A sensotard just means someone who rarely notices the environment - Most Ns mave sensotard moments. Like Einstein (INTP) forgot to wear pants to a dinner party. Its nothing to worry about, it gives cool stories! :)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
A senso-wha? Are you making fun of me?

A sensotard just means someone who rarely notices the environment - Most Ns mave sensotard moments. Like Einstein (INTP) forgot to wear pants to a dinner party. Its nothing to worry about, it gives cool stories! :)

Yeh, don't worry! Being a sensotard is cool. Normally the more sensotarded you are, the more intuitive you are.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- You have a natural connection with animals. You might occasionally feel that you more readily like animals than humans.

Or maybe it's just me...

My cat is my favorite person.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're anINFJ when...

Me too. Sometimes I'll sacrifice grammar in order for it to please the senses.

Absolutely. I do this in my fiction writing all the time. And I love it.:)

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're anINFJ when...

I wish writing and words, in general, came easy to me so I can stop relying on other people to interpret what I'm trying to say. It's all right there in plain english in my head but writing or speaking what I'm feeling is like a foreign language.

I started a journal as advised by a therapist I went to. I wrote one page and my soon-to-be ex read it and woke me at 3am to argue what I wrote about him (he's ISTJ). It was awful and I doubt I will ever write again. The only security I have is locked inside.

I can write my feelings clearly enough, but speaking about them is another matter!

I kept journals for years and hauled them with me through many, many moves. They run the gamut from philosophical questions to sexual escapades, and I've left instructions that they be burned at my death because I don't want anyone to read them.

For the last ten years I've been wrting fiction, which is really no less personal, but one step removed since the characters can struggle with all those issues I used to write about in my journals. Nevertheless, I have a hard time having my work critiqued, not because of any ineptness but because it is so personal. My current lover, guessing this, asked to see some of the manuscript I'm working on because he wanted to see "what made me tick." (Shudder.) Mercifully, he's an INTJ and focused on the prose, the metaphors, etc., rather than the emotional motivation of my characters.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFJ when you dive and hide when you hear someone coming down the stairs and make a game out of seeing if they see you or not. (Maybe just an I thing? :D)

Hehe, I do that sometimes. Just those random bursts of desire to make a silly game out of something when no one else realises they're playing.

B

ByMySword

^^^You know you're an INFJ when you have a picture of a taheen as your avatar.

Nice one, Kyrielle. ;)

This gunslinger approves. :2ar15:

S

Sniffles

You know you're INFJ if you constantly are amazed and overwhelmed by the inmeasurable gap between your everyday affairs and the insights that swim through your head.

I notice this all the time, and meditated on this in the latest entry in my blog - concerning how Merton's views of the contemplative life applies very much to my life.

Forgive me for my shitty description of this; it just seems my inner life is governed by deep insights into the larger issues concerning life and people, and even where mankind might be heading in the next few generations. Yet my everyday affairs are governed by issues that wont matter within a week or two.

This especially happens whenever I have to return to work after time off. I always get this weird feeling of having to cross from one dimension into another. And as Anja would put it:)tongue:), I'm constantly straddling between those two worlds.

It gets rather overwhelming and even frustrating at times trying to figure how the hell these two worlds can possibly coexist at the same time within my life.