• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
You let others continue going down a path that will end disasterously, as you said beforehand, just to let them learn their lesson. After the fact, however, they seldom recognize that you were right, and you realize that it was in vain.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
You let others continue going down a path that will end disasterously, as you said beforehand, just to let them learn their lesson. After the fact, however, they seldom recognize that you were right, and you realize that it was in vain.

I second this. You can't save people from themselves...

You know you're an INFJ when you let your actions speak louder than mere words. (Probably already been mentioned but I'm not skimming 70 pages!)

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
Has anyone watched that HBO show "In Treatment"? The show is just basically a person talking to their therapist. I only saw a few episodes, but damn was it interesting. I'm endlessly fascinated by people's stories - piecing together the parts of them that make them tick.

I have. Great show, different from what we usually see on tv these days. When I joined this forum I expected seeing a thread about it.. but I didn't feel like bringing it up :)

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
A bit off topic, but INFJs imagination can be rather dark, as was conversed somewhere else (I think they were talking about fantacies). Yay, or nay?
I say yay.

yay, but In my ideas and stories, theres always a way out or hope for the people that deserve it :yes:

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
A bit of topic, but INFJs imagination can be rather dark, as was conversed somewhere else (I think they were talking about fantacies). Yay, or nay?
I say yay.

My imagination is actually much darker than I usually let on. Morbid, but not based in pure horror (I don't like horror movies, it's weird).

The funny thing is, it was actually darker when I was younger; I almost began my fascination of suffering before I even really understood what it was.

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ
A bit of topic, but INFJs imagination can be rather dark, as was conversed somewhere else (I think they were talking about fantacies). Yay, or nay?
I say yay.

My imagination can be pretty dark, and so can my jokes when my inhibitions let them out.

At my martial arts class my sensei tied up a student with his belt. He then sat down and casually reclined on the bound student. One of the other students said, "Hey Sensei, let me get you a beer." Everyone laughed. When Sensei was trying to untie the belt he had a bit of trouble. I exclaimed, "Quick get the bone saw! We gotta save the belt!" It wasn't received very well. My morbid sense of humor doesn't see the light of day very often and usually surprises people when it escapes.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
My imagination can be pretty dark, and so can my jokes when my inhibitions let them out.

At my martial arts class my sensei tied up a student with his belt. He then sat down and casually reclined on the bound student. One of the other students said, "Hey Sensei, let me get you a beer." Everyone laughed. When Sensei was trying to untie the belt he had a bit of trouble. I exclaimed, "Quick get the bone saw! We gotta save the belt!" It wasn't received very well. My morbid sense of humor doesn't see the light of day very often and usually surprises people when it escapes.
I thought you did well. I would've said "Cut his fuckin' arms off, ahahahaha!"

sade

Thanks to you two I now have people staring at me for laughing out loud in a public space. Thanks.

It's nice to hear that the imagination thing is more of a rule than exception. :D

B

ByMySword

You get into those moods where your life seems like a never ending blur and for a time you're not sure if its real or not. :huh:

I think it happens when I've lost all inspiration for something and I have to find something new to get into. Without it, I lose all structure in my everday life, and thus, it becomes meaningless.

Lotr246

As long as something has meaning, you will value it. You do not necessarily need to have a personal relationship to its meaning.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You get into those moods where your life seems like a never ending blur and for a time you're not sure if its real or not. :huh:

I think it happens when I've lost all inspiration for something and I have to find something new to get into. Without it, I lose all structure in my everday life, and thus, it becomes meaningless.

Oh God, yes! On days like that I find it almost impossible to get out of bed....:(

Meridian

MBTI Type
INXJ
You know you're INFJ if you're able to relate to Martin Buber's description of being stuck on a narrow ridge; which means being secure in the absolute insecurity of the ones fate and/or the fate of the universe as a whole. Yeah I know, it makes no logical sense - that's the point! :D

::Closes the book by Buber in front of her::

Okay, now, that was just spooky.

sade

They wouldn't listen to me even if I gave a warning. I've watched it happen before, and have a feeling that I'll be watching those things in the future too. Like now, but this time I think I'll have to jump in. She means too much for me not to.

I say yay. This is especially true if I'm angry or upset about something, and I'll spout off some of the most vile things one can imagines. The reactions of others to such incidents are mixed; sometimes they think it's absolutely hiliarious, other times they become very disturbed and worried.

I'll readily admit they're not my greatest moments really.

It reminds me how Dostoevsky's second wife described him as a very irritable and spiteful person; and how "he could not restrain his spite" at various times.

I can relate to that all too readily. :(

I hate to say that when I loose my temper, the defence mechanism I use against the shame after it is.. keeping up some of he anger. One of my worst qualities really.

It's the worst when I actually scare people so bad that they'll avoid for a few days afterwards. But if they laughed I'd react even worse. The intensity of the emotion is something that's hard for others to handle,and I don't wonder why.

Somehow I have to associate the literary style (not genre) of romanticism or postmodern to my thinking. Kierkegaard for one is as a writer considered postmodern. ;) I can't remember the spesific name of the type I'm looking for here, it's in one of my books at home. But it could explain the 'darker' imagination especially when directed towards the darker sides of reality. I suppose the literary style would sound familiar to some NFs, INFJs also? It did to me, but I might be overthinking this.

Rosa Liksom (and her 'Dark Paradise') came to mind througout the thread, that discussed the imagination.. But she is more of a post modern writer:
The sun was shining behind the factory, coloring the water turquoise by the shore. A boy stood barefoot on the pier with a broom in his hands, squinting in the sunlight. On the pier there were chunks of meat being washed by small waves. The planks were sticky with blood, and white blubber floated on the edge of the shore in long strips. The boy felt small and dejected…He felt sad. All these ice-covered mountain, surrounded by water on every side, the sticky blood and stinking meat would be his fate, too. He would live only in order to lose his life.

Yes, yes and yes. And I hate it when it happens, the finding something new part is even harder then.

About the love of intensive music.. Anyone else love Disturbed? Some of the lyrics just strike me somehow, besides the music itself.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
... I fall in love with you at first sight.

having just come out of a 10 year marriage, I am finding this all too true. How I describe it...jump in with both feet then tear you and your flaws to shreds on the way out when you don't live up to my ideal.

sade

Intensive is relative as is all.
But if talking about death metal etc.. Bodom, Turisas, perhaps? :D
Then again, I'd gravitate more towards Theatre of tragedy (first albums) or Tristania, which aren't part of that..
Ah well.. I'd hate to go justifying my taste for lighter music again.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
^ Ditto to all of the above here... losing my temper, especially. I can't seem to help myself when I fly off the handle. I spend a lot of time reining in my emotions, trying to be patient, but there's always the straw which breaks the camel's back, so to speak. It's not something I've ever been proud of, and my outbursts like that have come fewer and farther between, but I've scared off so many friends from wanting to be around me days after they witness an explosion... I always feel horrible after the fact and sometimes can't even recall the things I said, but know they were incredibly hurtful.

Lotr246

While in the shower, you can't remember if you just washed your hair, so you wash it again.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
While in the shower, you can't remember if you just washed your hair, so you wash it again.

This happened to me yesterday. Something about being in the shower makes me zone out completely. :D

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5

:rolli: Sadly, yes. I do that on a regular basis.

To add onto the cleanliness embarrassment---

You know you're an INFJ if you've put body wash in your hand and used it as shampoo and have put shampoo on your loofah and used it as body wash...