• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
You know you're an INFJ when elderly people seem to be drawn to you and are at ease talking to you. Maybe it's because we listen intensely and value their insight.

Speaking for myself here, I've had numerous random elderly people tell me that I remind them of their grandson or nephew. :shock:

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you're young and older people tell you; stop acting so mature. And as you getting older people tell you; grow up!

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
for some reason whenever I meet a friend's parents they absolutely love me.

It baffles me too cuz in my eyes I haven't even done anything to deserve it!

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
I was always a favorite to my friends parents'...little did they know that I was the deviant one!!! LOL!

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Hehe, parents, and teachers too, tend to love me. It really helps when it comes to trying to get away with stuff :D

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Though most teachers liked me well enough, I think only other N's actually recognized my strengths.

My best teacher was likely an ENFJ. She gave "tough love" to the class and challenged everyone to assert themselves and try harder. And I did. Her discussions were engaging, lively, and interesting. It was probably the most fun I had actually being in school.

Interestingly, my ISTP brother who had her as a teacher found her to be mean, annoying, and did not enjoy her teaching methods.

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you're young and older people tell you; stop acting so mature. And as you getting older people tell you; grow up!

third'd

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
Parents and teachers love me too! (I feel so conceited saying that...) What do you think it is that initially draws them to us?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. This thread is still going strong.

You know you're an INFJ if you keep coming back to this thread! ><

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni is teh hawt.

Tis why all INxJs rawk it.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
Anyone ever try writing in a journal?? I love the idea and always start one with the intention of just letting my brain throw up on the page...but I never make it past the first page. I sit and think about what I want to write and if it's good enough to put on paper and end up writing about nothing that's actually wanting out. I get stage fright putting my own thoughts on paper. WTF is that? hehe

Yes. I only write if I know ahead of time what it is I want to write about, which is usually when I have an Ni sudden insight thingy. Journals just don't work for me.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
i think teachers like nf's because we actually want to learn stuff, and not just try to pass the class. We have a hunger for knowledge and significance

(for the most part. When theres a class or project i dont care about, it can get pretty ugly.)

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
LindseyLadyBug: Wow, you're beautiful looking!

Thank you. That's very sweet of you to say. :blush:

Yes. I only write if I know ahead of time what it is I want to write about, which is usually when I have an Ni sudden insight thingy. Journals just don't work for me.

I'm always afraid someone will read my journals. If I knew that no one would EVER read it, I'd probably be more inclined to keep one. Since that isn't the case, I usually just write inspiring quotes/ideas from books I'm reading...things I don't mind others reading.

i think teachers like nf's because we actually want to learn stuff, and not just try to pass the class. We have a hunger for knowledge and significance

Oh yeah, I guess that's true. I tend to see teachers more as real people than other students do. By this I mean that some students may not understand that adults have needs, fears, desires, and insecurities too. For example, when a teacher sees that his/her students are showing complete apathy about the lesson, I pick up on it and try to at least seem interested. Many students do not understand that teachers (good ones, that is) put a lot of passion and hard work into their jobs and when students don't appreciate that, it discourages and the teacher. I remember seeing the hurt in my teachers' eyes when that happened. It always makes my heart sink. :( Ugh, I need to stop caring so much! lol

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
I'm always afraid someone will read my journals. If I knew that no one would EVER read it, I'd probably be more inclined to keep one. Since that isn't the case, I usually just write inspiring quotes/ideas from books I'm reading...things I don't mind others reading.

I hear you. If I wrote anything THAT personal, it would be all or nothing and I would definitely be worried someone would find and read it.

V

violaine

I used to keep a diary but a boyfriend read it once... it is one of the worst feelings I have ever had. I would never keep one now. I do write a lot but keep it password protected on my laptop.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I have this weird thing with a lot of my writing; I would never want to hear anyone's actual opinion on it, and I kind of wouldn't want to know who has read it. But part of me does want someone to read it, just to kind of get some of this stuff that's trapped inside of me and into the mind and understanding of someone else.
My writing's intensely personal. I draw, and that's personal too, but never on the level of my writing; it's strange how when I write creatively, my soul seems to pour out a little. It tends to be a bit melancholy too...