• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I actually don't even notice I'm reading people. I didn't for the longest time; I knew that I understood them better than others, but I didn't notice how I read them until after I read the INFJ description and started taking note. After a while, it was almost obvious.
And you know, it explains a lot of things; I react to people differently, depending on how they react to me. That's where the "different sides" of me comes into play; I don't do it on purpose >.> I just read people unconsciously and it affects how I respond to them...

I've always wanted to have an INFJ manning up session for the ones I know. I just wanted to rent some big six foot eight black dude, have them start a fight with the INFJ and then take a dive after messing up the INFJ a little to make it seem real.

Nah forget it, you guys will probably ask the guy if he is alright after you think you kicked his ass.

Haha, I probably would :yes: When I was younger, I'd daydream about beating people up that needed it as a kind of righteous justice sort of thing, but I never actually hit anyone. I never found anyone who I hated enough to :B
And I'd probably feel horrible afterwards, too....

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Reading between the lines? Yes. What is actually said has less value to me than what is said. I just wish I didn't have to focus on it so much in my relationships with others. It turns me off those individuals because ultimately they seem fake.

I do that and I am far from INFJ.

Another thing is reading into what details people include in their hypos that are more revealing than they realized or intended, e.g.: the color of a dong a mom walks in on, or of a guy sent in to teach an INFJ to man-up.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, but we all do it so I'm not that disgusted by dishonesty in itself,it's the reason the person is lying to me that might make "walk away".(I do that a lot, just walk away) Sometimes they're embarrassed, shy, or they don't trust me, I try to check my own behavior first and see if I'm not giving off a negative vibe because I'm usually "grumpy,aggressive,critical" in that order. However, sometimes they're just trying to take your money (happened to me when I tried to buy books for 12th grade:azdaja:) and think you're an idiot. >.>

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

Another thing is reading into what details people include in their hypos that are more revealing than they realized or intended, e.g.: the color of a dong a mom walks in on, or of a guy sent in to teach an INFJ to man-up.

Hehe, I don't mind hypos; for me, it depends on what mood and tone they're being told in. Intention is usually much more important to me than the actual words spoken or even some of the ideas behind the words; so if it's light-hearted and all in good fun, then that's fine in my book, even if it is a little bit etchy.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP

:D Sometimes excersing our intuition too much even makes us sound like delusional crack whores standing by a toilet after a two week meth binge staring through the blinds prepared to flush... :D

Only sometimes...

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
:D Sometimes excersing our intuition too much even makes us sound like delusional crack whores standing by a toilet after a two week meth binge staring through the blinds prepared to flush... :D

Only sometimes...

What do you mean? (Intuition turned off). Give an example . . . from experience if you wish.
As an aside, I learned today that crack whores go on long meth binges. Is meth cheaper than crack?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
What do you mean? (Intuition turned off). Give an example, from experience if you wish.
As an aside, I learned today that crack whores go on long meth binges. Is meth cheaper than crack?

Well, they both work on the same receptor sites in the limbic system, it's just that Meth lasts for 6-8 hours for the same amount while crack lasts anywhere from 15-30 minutes only.

Lol, and I don't mean anything, I was joking that you took my jestful comments and hinted that there maybe something deeper about me mentioning the race of a person used to man someone one up. When I only meant it is a catch common slang phrase that I hear all the time in my part of town. Sure it could have been seen insensitive or could have had hidden meanings like me being racist or secretly gay for black men, but I assure you I was too shallow at the moment to show any signs of hidden connotation.

from me to you... :hug: I think I joke to ruff.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Oh, you were calling me a delusional crack whore standing by a toilet after a two week meth binge.
These delightful NFs. :coffee:

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
Sure we're nice people, caring etc,

but then theres days when Im:

not courteous
Only care about myself
Ready to rip someones head off
I want things to go totally my way today

I think we should talk about that because we all know the other stuff :)

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
Sure we're nice people, caring etc,

but then theres days when Im:

not courteous
Only care about myself
Ready to rip someones head off
I want things to go totally my way today

I think we should talk about that because we all know the other stuff :)

I think I'm like this most of the time, except I don't want to rip someone's head off everyday. Maybe every other day.:cheese:

The main criticism of those closest to me is that I'm too selfish. I'm not one to give of my (physical) time and energy to others. I feel I'm very generous and giving in other ways. I love to help others recognize their untapped potential and greatness, but it seems to be a meaningless attribute. Extreme martyrdom is a valued trait in women of my age.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I get this deal where I'll get really stressed way too easy, and things go downhill from there. I'm a wonderful picture of the ideal INFJ....in a stress-free environment where I have all the time in the world and a dream to move towards.
Otherwise, I can be overly shy in new situations; I can be very irritable to people I know well, which is really kind of bad because they notice I'm courteous to people I don't know well. I just feel more comfortable around my friends so they have to hear my wrath.
Not to mention I can be selfish, unmotivated, spacey, unable to sort my priorities, etc. etc. And I'm not afraid to admit it: I can be a real bitch if you catch me at the wrong time.
And then I can also be very self-absorbed because I want to understand myself better (or understand myself period)...and I get lost in that sometimes.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...

-you see connections between radically different things

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it

particularly, yes.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've always wanted to have an INFJ manning up session for the ones I know. I just wanted to rent some big six foot eight black dude, have them start a fight with the INFJ and then take a dive after messing up the INFJ a little to make it seem real.

Nah forget it, you guys will probably ask the guy if he is alright after you think you kicked his ass.

Yeah, probably.

When I was little, my dad played checkers with me and arranged it for me to win. When I realized I'd beat him (so I thought), I refused to make the final moves because I couldn't bear to see him lose.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, probably.

When I was little, my dad played checkers with me and arranged it for me to win. When I realized I'd beat him (so I thought), I refused to make the final moves because I couldn't bear to see him lose.

:laugh:, I saw that they did that usually. I'd tell them to be extremely hard on me and then I'd keep trying, basically I was an obsessively competitive kid. Losing was not in my vocabulary (it still isn't but I tone it down:ninja:)
I remember playing video games with my brother and I'd just keep going. He'd ask me if I was tired of losing and I'd tell him to continue and eventually I always won:D. Being a sore-loser has gotten me far in competitions of any kind actually.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:laugh:, I saw that they did that usually. I'd tell them to be extremely hard on me and then I'd keep trying, basically I was an obsessively competitive kid. Losing was not in my vocabulary (it still isn't but I tone it down:ninja)
I remember playing video games with my brother and I'd just keep going. He'd ask me if I was tired of losing and I'd tell him to continue and eventually I always won:D. Being a sore-loser has gotten me far in competitions of any kind actually.

Haha, sounds like me. But I'm not a terrible sore loser. Like I don't go off and pout and carry on. I might swear, look irritable, and then say, "Again." I do hate giving up, because I know I'll get it next time!

B

ByMySword

So I was talking to a friend of mine (Metamorphosis) and we were talking about the motivations of INFJs.

Earlier I pointed out that I notice (at least in myself) selfish motives for helping people and the like. It seemed I was the odd one out.

lol, now I think part of that maybe some of us don't like to delve that far into ourselves to find something that could be perceived as negative, but I've never thought of it as necessarily negative, and after I talked to my friend I was even more sure of it.

From what we could gather, INFJs are motivated by values moreso than actually caring about the individual.

So hypothetically, when helping someone we have no emotional connection to, its not because we really care about their welfare as much as it is we want to make sure that we are upholding the values of helping someone. The person we're helping gets helped, and we get the personal satisfaction of knowing we upheld our own values.

So this is what I was saying about selfish motivations. I didn't mean it as a bad thing, and I don't think its wrong to feel good about yourself for upholding your values.

Can anyone identify with this?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Haha, sounds like me. But I'm not a terrible sore loser. Like I don't go off and pout and carry on. I might swear, look irritable, and then say, "Again." I do hate giving up, because I know I'll get it next time!

I'm not an "open sore loser", I seem to lose gracefully but you have no idea of the thousands of plans I'm coming up with to get back at people or win the next game...sometimes it embarrasses me.:smile:
I think one thing with INFJs is that we're probably good at concealing our flaws?
Maybe that's why people think we're angels.
We're just polite...in general and most people don't care much for the rest if you're nice and polite to them.