• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Wellspring

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
When you like to see yourself as invisible but all-seeing. (I actually chose a work space in my office when I can see everybody who gets in, while nobody can see me)

When you know people for a few weeks, and after that you can say more about them then people who have known them for YEARS can.

When you can appear perfectly INTJ as a sort of self-defense, but the minute somebody is crying for help with real pain, you are running to them in a true INFJ mode, carrying medicine, coffee, chocolate and a funny book.

When you hate being touched by people you don’t really know and like, but give bear hugs to those you do.

When your trademark response to people is 'no problem'

When people start to see you as the magician who can make it all work – AND hand out sweets to the kids.

When said magician turns totally Gandalf from time to time and you prefer to talk to yourself only, as the wisest person around…

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you like to see yourself as invisible but all-seeing. (I actually chose a work space in my office when I can see everybody who gets in, while nobody can see me)

When you know people for a few weeks, and after that you can say more about them then people who have known them for YEARS can.

When you can appear perfectly INTJ as a sort of self-defense, but the minute somebody is crying for help with real pain, you are running to them in a true INFJ mode, carrying medicine, coffee, chocolate and a funny book.

When you hate being touched by people you don’t really know and like, but give bear hugs to those you do.

When people start to see you as the magician who can make it all work – AND hand out sweets to the kids.

When said magician turns totally Gandalf from time to time and you prefer to talk to yourself only, as the wisest person around…

Yeah - all of these. I've said "no problem" to people at work at least 4 times today already! And you can tell from my avatar and signature that I identify strongly with Gandalf.

P

Phantonym

+2

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

All of these, but reading the 'no problem' one made me realise just how much I actually say it at work... I say it a lot.

Heh, I talk to myself a lot as well, though usually just with inane babble when I'm working on something. It confuses or amuses anyone near by, so I normally do it when I'm alone. If I'm left by myself in the house I can end up holding entire conversations with myself. I can't decide if that's hilarious or creepy.

Last edited:
P

Phantonym

If I'm left by myself in the house I can end up holding entire conversations with myself. I can't decide if that's hilarious or creepy.

I do that all the time. Me and my ego have wonderful conversations.

And I'm laughing at how creepy I am inside my head. :laugh:

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I thought all people do this? (Seriously?) :shock: Don't they?

I thought so too, but then people started telling me I was weird. :wacko:

I'm sure that talking to yourself isn't a strictly INFJ thing, but I'm guessing that there are quite a few types who would find it odd.
Most people seem to find it funny though, so at least it's not odd in a bad way...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Talking to yourself out loud?

Definatly not a NT thing. It's too ineffective to bother with. xD

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, my neighbor probably thinks I'm insane because as soon as I step outside of the car I'm talking with someone that he can't see. Constantly talking aloud and answering my own questions. Definitely NF at the very least.

P

Phantonym

I thought so too, but then people started telling me I was weird. :wacko:

Yeah, my neighbor probably thinks I'm insane because as soon as I step outside of the car I'm talking with someone that he can't see. Constantly talking aloud and answering my own questions. Definitely NF at the very least.

Oh, wait. You do it out loud in public? I'm doing it inside my head. Well, most of the time that is. Old blabbermouth is in the house when I'm all alone.
I'm way too self-conscious to exhibit this kind of behaviour in public and I try my best to avoid it.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, wait. You do it out loud in public? I'm doing it inside my head. Well, most of the time that is. Old blabbermouth is in the house when I'm all alone.
I'm way too self-conscious to exhibit this kind of behaviour in public and I try my best to avoid it.

Oh I don't do it in public very often - only when I'm around people I'm comfortable with - otherwise everyone would think I'm completely nuts. They might not be wrong, but still. :laugh: I mostly talk out loud to myself when I'm on my own, the rest of the time it's all in my head.

P

Phantonym

Oh I don't do it in public very often - only when I'm around people I'm comfortable with - otherwise everyone would think I'm completely nuts. They might not be wrong, but still. :laugh: I mostly talk out loud to myself when I'm on my own, the rest of the time it's all in my head.

:laugh: I wonder, when we're doing this out loud in public, we're in our "thinking" zone and spaced out and doing it subconsciously.
Are we saying anything intelligible at all?
I mean, it makes sense to us and obviously not to others because of their reaction. But are they really listening to us or are they only reacting to our weird behaviour?
Could we be actually "throwing pearls at swine" and they're not aware of it?

This makes me think about small children who haven't learned how to talk yet. At least not in our "human" language. But they're definitely using their voice for something we're not capable of understanding. It's fun to watch actually. What if they're saying something profound? Nobody knows...

:laugh: Here I am. Thinking out loud...

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
:laugh: I wonder, when we're doing this out loud in public, we're in our "thinking" zone and spaced out and doing it subconsciously.
Are we saying anything intelligible at all?
I mean, it makes sense to us and obviously not to others because of their reaction. But are they really listening to us or are they only reacting to our weird behaviour?
Could we be actually "throwing pearls at swine" and they're not aware of it?

This makes me think about small children who haven't learned how to talk yet. At least not in our "human" language. But they're definitely using their voice for something we're not capable of understanding. It's fun to watch actually. What if they're saying something profound? Nobody knows...

:laugh: Here I am. Thinking out loud...

I just realized... I was having a conversation with myself (with a strange tone actually :huh:) and saying NOTHING - I mean NOTHING - intelligible - just ... Random - and the moment this realization entered my consciousness this stream of random thoughts ended - and I have no idea what the ... was I just talking about. It's in between my deep thinking and surface thoughts.

I do that a lot on paper as well. I write something and write the whole paper with that one word or then I write something else that connects to it and something that reminds of that something else but I do it on a not conscious mode - while I'm listening, talking ... If I just have a pen and paper. But more like repetition on paper rather than dialogue (not monologue :D)

Well. This is the #1 most important reason I like living alone :laugh:

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think random unintelligible things aloud usually as well. I'll be with my friends and zone out within my own head making one leap to another from the starting off point... then I find myself rambling aloud about something so far disconnected from the present conversation. My friends have just gotten used to ignoring me at this point. :p

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
By the way, could there possibly be an infj, who would say: "You are infj, if you have the random need to get laid immediantely after seeing something totally unrelatingable to sex ?"

Or are you all fluffy and nice ?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
By the way, could there possibly be an infj, who would say: "You are infj, if you have the random need to get laid immediantely after seeing something totally unrelatingable to sex ?"

...maybe...it's possible... :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thank god !

I was about to type my infj, entp after getting fluffed up in typologys infj world :D

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank god !

I was about to type my infj, entp after getting fluffed up in typologys infj world :D

If we can shrug off the ferocious weight of personal responsibility from time to time, we have the ability to make succubi look chaste and incubi look inadequate.