• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah I have a good example of this. When I was ten I wrote a series of short stories conerning geopolitical events during the first decade of the 21st century. It involved events like a resurgent Russia enforcing its will on former Soviet republics via military power, allied with China against America and NATO. This eventually lead to something of a new Cold War; and one of the first actions done by the Americans to maintain it's global position was to invade Iraq and Iran.

You must have been an extremely precocious ten-year-old.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
... when you get bored easily if there is no new input of ideas, new (often slightly off-the-wall) experiences, interesting conversations etc.

... when you love doing the dishes or other mindless manual tasks because it gives you the opportunity to think about things deeply.

Oh my goodness, yes. Work needs to be either really interesting or completely mindless. Anything in-between, things that require brain power and energy but aren't particularly stimulating, are HUGE stumbling blocks for me.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
.......when you tell someone about your feelings and it comes out sounding so cliche, but you can't help it because its the truth!!!!

+1

And I think its from our not-as-natural-at-poetry-like-NFPs-ness, we say out feelings like we feel them without any colorful metaphors.

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
when you'd rather eat your lunch alone sitting in your car in the parking lot than be around others

yes, or i'll add "rather eat at home, than go out to eat with your friends and eat in public". I always never had a really big appetite when I ate in the company of others; atleast in a very public, uncomfortable setting.. oh, especially if i'm sitting in a way where others are intensively "watching" me eat.. lolz thats the worst.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
... you express your real emotions for a person and then immediately worry that you're smothering them.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know you're INFJ if you're able to relate to Martin Buber's description of being stuck on a narrow ridge; which means being secure in the absolute insecurity of the ones fate and/or the fate of the universe as a whole. Yeah I know, it makes no logical sense - that's the point! :D

This is what brings out feeling. ---Confirmed?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perfectly true for me, too! I have a HARD side (I can really chew people out :frown: and be completely detached from the situation), a gross side (I can talk about nearly anything comfortably.... just need to figure out what other people can handle.) and then the apparently cute/innocent side.

Though reading this thread I wonder if I have any F at all. I cant read people in the slightest and the personality 'vibe' feels extremely watered down. Though.... I guess it might just be adolescence. Really the only thing I don't connect with is anything with acutely reading people. Practice Makes Perfect situation?

I gotta be an F though, being a T just sounds dry and horrible! :D

I understand that...and I would add that they, although not as keenly aware of their emotions as you of their inner feelings (you have that ability)...they do have feelings...It may seem difficult to resist this 'management of power' you have. Abuse can appear legitimized through using your vision into them while not considering their nearsightedness. They are others who do have feelings too and might not see things in the visionary context you described.

Loyalty is important and a deep thing. I understand those who appear more superficial may not have the depth of loyalty and empathy for others or you...leaving you feeling shorted and without a true friend. I understand that and have felt hurt accordingly. Your friend, (you may question that)..lol that's understandable...A

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes, or i'll add "rather eat at home, than go out to eat with your friends and eat in public". I always never had a really big appetite when I ate in the company of others; atleast in a very public, uncomfortable setting.. oh, especially if i'm sitting in a way where others are intensively "watching" me eat.. lolz thats the worst.

:yes:

Lotr246

You know you're an INFJ when your writing style is the most abstract of the types.

You know you're an INFJ when it's difficult for you to provide concrete examples of your insights.

conrad

MBTI Type
INFJ
...you think you have to stay in a bad relationship with someone for the rest of your life because you told them you love them

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
you think you have to stay in a bad relationship with someone for the rest of your life because you told them you love them

Aahhahah, yeah i know what you mean there.. but thats why people have to know what the word "love" actually means; In terms of a romantic relationships. The problem is in todays world, we interchange words all the time. We use love for like, or Attraction for love, etc..etc.. But I definetly can relate to this. Usually if the relationship is going "bad", especially in a marriage, it just means the two partners aren't willing to put their differences aside and work together..or ones doing most of the work.. The vows you say at your wedding, actually mean something; they are not just some sort of lip service you say and "poof" your married and everything is going to be strawberries and cream..

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when it's difficult for you to provide concrete examples of your insights.

Augh, I HATE having to explain WHY I figure something. All/most of the why's I have cannot be translated into language

B

ByMySword

You know you're an INFJ when your room is practically spotless and very organized, save this pile in one corner which you have hence dubbed......the junkyard.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...you think you have to stay in a bad relationship with someone for the rest of your life because you told them you love them

:yes: That's so true, sadly!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when your room is practically spotless and very organized, save this pile in one corner which you have hence dubbed......the junkyard.

Well if that 'pile in the corner' happened to cover most of the room (Including dressers and other furniture) with a small path between it all, then yes, I agree completely :D

Lightyear

Nah, not me. I am always messy in my private space, but try to keep the areas I share with others tidy.

You know you are an INFJ when you judge people within a fragment of a second and then beat yourself up for being so overly judgmental.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...you really know you are INFJ when you know you have to get out of a bad relationship but can't find the courage to beak it off.

no. thats " you know you're a coward when.... "

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ because you want to keep doing "one more thing and one more thing" which may make you chronically late.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFJ when your writing style is the most abstract of the types.

Actually, my writing isn't abstract at all. However, it is not overly detailed. What I will say is that it is always full of figurative language that has been carefully placed. I think that's because I think figuratively? Such that everything is in someway like or related to everything else. As abstract as that sounds, in writing (at least with essays and stories), it becomes much more concise, precise, and with an attempt to ground the abstract firmly in the real world.

The second part, yes I agree that it's difficult off the top of my head. I usually have to sit and think about it for a while before I can provide anything concrete. My thought process is very, very slow in that realm compared to everything else. However, I do enjoy explaining the "why's" and "how's" once I've figured it all out.

Nah, I have a little worn track through the middle of the room where I can walk. Everywhere else is a wreck, though, I do try to make sure breakable things are at least piled on the tables and not on the floor where I'll probably step on them.

You know you're an INFJ because you want to keep doing "one more thing and one more thing" which may make you chronically late.

Yep.