• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and the Global Village

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I had an epiphany. You, being NF, tell me how accurate it is. I don't have much to say of it other than:

It doesn't seem NFs are built for an environment in which news of the wicked can reach them from anywhere on the globe without hindrance.

Add: This is not criticism in any way, shape or form, only an attempt to better understand the NFs relation to the world.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Because it has the potential to be psychologically harmful.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It wouldn't not be easier if you didn't not use so few double negatives.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I had an epiphany. You, being NF, tell me how accurate it is. I don't have much to say of it other than:

It doesn't seem NFs are built for an environment in which news of the wicked can reach them from anywhere on the globe without hindrance.
Not very accurate :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I should definitely have posted this in the upcoming NT Private Forum.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I should definitely have posted this in the upcoming NT Private Forum.

I guess, if all you wanted was to bash NFs and make yourself feel superior. But I think that shtick is getting old.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I guess, if all you wanted was to bash NFs and make yourself feel superior. But I think that shtick is getting old.
That's not what I had in mind--It wasn't even criticism. I have noticed that many NFs take personally that which is entirely out of their realm of influence.

To take the thread as an insult is an irrational instinct, and as such, I should have expected almost everyone to read it the wrong way, since people are rarely rational. Alas, the time between the thought and the posting of the thread was about 10 seconds, so I didn't give myself the chance.

V

violaine

I didn't think it was about bashing NFs fwiw. I was going to ask if you meant that NFs have difficulty shutting themselves off from those things which might bother them most?

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
That's not what I had in mind--It wasn't even criticism. I have noticed that many NFs take personally that which is entirely out of their realm of influence. To take the thread as an insult is an irrational instinct, and as such, should have expected almost everyone to read it the wrong way, since people are rarely rational. Alas, the time between the thought and the posting of the thread was about 10 seconds, so I didn't give myself the chance.

Actually, bad news isn't paralyzing but energizing to do my part in my sphere of influence. Rather than think that there's nothing I can do, I just work harder, hoping for the "pay it forward" effect, that someone I touch will go on to solve even bigger problems.

Is that rational? Not logical but rational?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I didn't think it was about bashing NFs fwiw. I was going to ask if you meant that NFs have difficulty shutting themselves off from those things which might bother them most?
Exactly. Before the information age, news was filtered a great deal more, to a greater degree the farther we go back in time.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Actually, your choice of rhetoric ("news of the wicked") was indeed insulting, for those that could actually be insulted by someone such as yourself.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, it sucks to hear about it because the effects can be intuited upon ones self due to how we operate. However, an NF that has reached a certain level of maturity can typically handle the effects semi rationally to rationally and not let it totally kill them. Empathy is just another tool that needs to be used properly.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Actually, bad news isn't paralyzing but energizing to do my part in my sphere of influence. Rather than think that there's nothing I can do, I just work harder, hoping for the "pay it forward" effect, that someone I touch will go on to solve even bigger problems.

Is that rational? Not logical but rational?
That's logical and rational, and relates to the question at hand. Thank you.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Actually, your choice of rhetoric ("news of the wicked") was indeed insulting, for those that could actually be insulted by someone such as yourself.
By "news of the wicked" I referred to, and only to "Tales of horrible things happening in the world." Did you misunderstand me?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's not what I had in mind--It wasn't even criticism. I have noticed that many NFs take personally that which is entirely out of their realm of influence. To take the thread as an insult is an irrational instinct, and as such, should have expected almost everyone to read it the wrong way, since people are rarely rational. Alas, the time between the thought and the posting of the thread was about 10 seconds, so I didn't give myself the chance.

Okay.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Hmm. Well, on one hand, I hate that I hear about a rape/murder/severe car crash/abduction on the news every single day. I'm aware it happens, I just don't like being reminded of it so often. On the other hand, I like that I can hear about what's going on around the world, even if it is bad news. It keeps me driven to keep going and doing what I'm doing because I'm sure what I want to do (tell stories) will in some way, down the line, help someone who is having trouble--not that that is my primary goal, just seems like a happy incident. I suppose it also gives me a bit of perspective. No matter how bad my life might seem at the moment, someone else's life is just as bad if not worse, so I should probably get over whatever the issue is.