• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Misunderstood?

oceanica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I feel like a lot of the time ENFP's are portrayed as bubbly enthusiastic butterflies with a penchant for vomiting rainbows of idealism, positivity, and shallowness, especially on places such as tumblr, etc. I know some ENFPs may be like this, but all the ENFPs I know (including myself) aren't like that at all. The whole "heart on our sleeve thing" may be true about some things, but I've noticed that we don't reveal a lot about ourselves to everyone all the time, unlike the stereotype.

In addition, it's mildly irritating to see the same old "the ENFP is a free spirit, wandering an a forest of their own creation" stuff all of the time, along with the perception that we have no direction. Maybe I'm just odd, but I'm a Slytherin ENFP with an "Achiever" enneagram, which kinda combats the "directionless" stereotype. I'm not sure. That was a bit of a rant, I'll end here for now. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To an extreme yeah, but Ne gives off a childlike appearance often. If you feel nothing close to a child. You probably don't have Ne maybe you might be an SJ?

LestatdeSade

My daughter is an ENFP, she LOVES people and is generally happy but she gets her feeling hurt overly easy. To me she is a strange and wondrous being, considering my type ::shudder::. I do know her enneagram is a 7 (I haven't looked into it as of yet). I often times wonder how I could have made this awesome girl lol
My ex, I found is an ENFP, he was so private about his life. I noticed him giving vague answers to everyone, not really saying anything yet talking non-stop. Of course he had the flirty, outgoing, aggravating me to death love letters thing, but underneath it he was depressed, buried in thought often and maybe not everyone noticed but I did, he had been very hurt in his past. I remember him being a real asshole to most people and said I hope I never have that turned on me. Unfortunately, he emotionally overwhelmed me to actual tears. I'm embarrassed to say I ran, literally.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What does ENFP mean to you?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Hi there!
uta_no_prince_sama_seven_minutes_in_heaven_syo_by_vampiregodesnyx-d8ggyud.png

Thanks for starting an ENFP thread ^_^ I'm Jack, pleased to meet'cha!

I've met a lot o ENFP's here, and while can see certain similarities, I don't think any of us is exactly alike the same way. But then, everyone's special in their differences as well as their similarities. I'll bet you're going to have a very successful thread here ^_^

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, the profiles of types are somewhat caricatures. To know how the personality truly manifests I think it is best to go by people you know and then type them and look for patterns.

ENFP is characterised by the extroverted intuition function, which is about looking into the field of possibilities suggested by environmental stimuli and mental imaginings, in the way ideas are combined and mixed as well with concrete objections being analysed in a particular way. Their curiosity is a defining feature. The auxiliary, feeling, has a secondary influence and is about a personal system of morals, and in the internal registering of feeling tone - a state of the subject, but likely in response to the objective situation (or objectified idea).

The stereotypes associated with some types may be more inaccurate than those associated with others, but I tend to ignore the profiles, and look more at cognitive function descriptions.

oceanica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can be childish relatively often, and I'm definitely ENFP (not J or S). Upbringing may have had a lot to do with it, and environment- I was raised by intuitive parents but received education in a place that was practically strictly ISTJ. The stereotypes can be true, I just think that sometimes they're very misleading :)