• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Top 3 reasons for why NFs suck...

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yeah i'm not revengeful either. I think i'm too forgiving to be revengeful.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
1) can't get out of my head
2) intimidated by intellectuals
3) oversensitive

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
oversensitive
abyss of despair trips
do not make sense, I even go out of my way to do things which don't make sense as I find it more interesting

I have to have friends who are very Phlegmatic and who are T's in order to be able to handle the emotional maintenance and remind me of this weird thing called logic and objectivity,lol. I'm emotional enough for me and my husband put together and I needed a very easy going, even keeled and well structured partner and thank God I got it. He hasn't killed me yet! LOL

Helfeather

MBTI Type
IXTX
1) Takes things personally (easily offended)
2) Periods of depression (I do not being in the presence of a sad NF)
3) Overly enthusastic at times

Otherwise, I love NFs, they're very easy to approach and talk with.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1- TOUCHY (are you calling me fat?! maybe I AM fat! I shouldn't eat for a week!!!)
2- like sappy movies (i.e. the notebook)
3- always willing to interpret something as being a sign that you don't love them/are cheating on them

yes- there will always be some exceptions- thank god

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
1) can't get out of my head
2) intimidated by intellectuals
3) oversensitive

I can relate to one and three, but not number two. I'm not intimidated, I just think they can be assholes... kind of arrogant. Think Frasier Crane. Still, they can make for a good conversation.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Another one-

Have trouble letting things go, like the past. I know I do.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
*Fear of confrontation

Unfortunately, even with all their talents it can be paralyzing and debilitating.

*Value judgements/opinions blocking their openness life experiences

I know an INFJ who does not do movie theatres, refuses to shop at Target or Wal Mart all the while pumping his gas with something "corporate"
(I realize this is only one specific example and not true for all)

*Venting can seem like gossip and contradictory to NT's,

Another example from a particular situation and again not true for all. I know someone who bashes her roommate and then has lunch with her. The roommate does it as well. I am assuming both are NF's(one tested as ENFJ, light on the E) or one NF and the other SF. But both are feelers nonetheless

*Values used to destroy friends

I once hit a parked car. The friend I was with wanted us to leave, out of fear I suppose. I told her I was going to stay and tell them what I did. So she got in her car and left to pick up our other friend. When the other friend returned(I/E INFJ) she told me she would of narced on me if I hadn't of told the people that I hit their car. I think this is preposterous and cannot in anyway understand how an NF would want to sabotage a friend for the sake of doing the right thing. To me, that breaks the pact of loyalty even if what the person did was wrong. Say I had of done it, couldn't she of talked to me first about how wrong it would of been before getting involved. I think she also threatened she would of called the cops.

*Leaving friends for dead

I once stuck up for my friend and his brother(both NF's) who were about to get jumped. One of the kids hit my friend, who did not respond. I pushed the kid off of him, next thing i know another guy clocks me. We are fighting and then the next thing I know the two NF's have fled the scene leaving me for death. Again, complete and utter absence of loyalty.

*Contradictory value judgements

I have known some female NF's to call another girl a slut but then go and have a one-night stand. So everyone is a whore but you eh? Judging other people against rigid values while not living up to them. Making all the rules but able to choose whether to follow them or not.

*Harboring but remaining friends with people

Keeping people at a distance for wrongs but still smiling to their face and remaining friends. But secretly pointing out their perceived flaws in private to others. Has the affect of the NF having a self perception of moral perfection.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I once hit a parked car. The friend I was with wanted us to leave, out of fear I suppose. I told her I was going to stay and tell them what I did. So she got in her car and left to pick up our other friend. When the other friend returned(I/E INFJ) she told me she would of narced on me if I hadn't of told the people that I hit their car. I think this is preposterous and cannot in anyway understand how an NF would want to sabotage a friend for the sake of doing the right thing. To me, that breaks the pact of loyalty even if what the person did was wrong. Say I had of done it, couldn't she of talked to me first about how wrong it would of been before getting involved. I think she also threatened she would of called the cops.

Sounds to me like she was feeling guilty for advocating flight and was overcompensating, safe in the knowledge that she would not, in fact, be in any danger of having to turn you in.

*Leaving friends for dead

You need some new NF friends. Seriously.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Top 3 reasons other NFs suck:
1. I know you didn't ask for my help but you are going to get it anyway!
2. I think you suck. I'd like you to go away. I just don't know how to tell you without being "mean". I know I will just avoid you instead of saying it.
3. Poke! What will he do this time? Poke....Yes:happy0065: that got her going! Poke...hmmmm that didn't work. Poke-nudge-Poke Now that was a great reaction it was worth the wait!............... HEY!!! Stop picking on me back-JERK!

1. applies to when my Mom died. I would be out at a bar drinking having a good time only to have an NF come up and try and have a psychology session in the bar. Retarded.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
HA! You claim we're so arrogant when an NT started the top three reasons NTs suck, now...it's your turn!!!

1. They're too afraid to show a little self-pride.
  2. They're so politically correct and worried about offending others.
  3. They think NTs are cold and evil.

None of the above applies to me. I would consider myself a proud person and not politically correct as well as being married to an INTJ who is the greatest man alive. :wubbie:

1. they tend to be oversensitive
2. they tend to be revengeful
3. they tend to dissect every word I say to smell whether there is some hidden agenda or conspiracy going on behind their backs

Somewhat at times although as I get older these traits are diminishing.

1.) Take EVERYTHING personally
2.) Can read vibes, but cannot always interpret them correctly
3.) Take offense on behalf of loved ones and friends too easily and go into protector mode with violence

#1 Sometimes at first, but after thinking things through I'm fine.
#2 Can read vibes but I don't think I am often incorrect.
#3 without a doubt, but not with violence.

NF sucks because :-
#1 Their paranoid without exception!
#2 Their paranoid about their paranoia.
#3 They blame their paranoia on others.

Rubbish :tongue10:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Judging other people against rigid values while not living up to them. Making all the rules but able to choose whether to follow them or not.

I don't think there's anything contradictory with judging someone against a moral standard you don't maintain as long as you judge yourself by the same moral standard. If you're going to call someone a slut for having a one-night stand and then have a one-night stand yourself, that's non-contradictory if you consequently consider yourself a slut too.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Sounds to me like she was feeling guilty for advocating flight and was overcompensating, safe in the knowledge that she would not, in fact, be in any danger of having to turn you in.

It was the other friend who threatened this. I do seriously need new friends.

Last edited:

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think there's anything contradictory with judging someone against a moral standard you don't maintain as long as you judge yourself by the same moral standard. If you're going to call someone a slut for having a one-night stand and then have a one-night stand yourself, that's non-contradictory if you consequently consider yourself a slut too.

True. This NF does not though.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Santtu, I think your list is refreshingly accurate compared to most people's lists here.

(Plus your list is more flattering, because I don't see those as very shameful drawbacks.)

Yes. My list delves into negative personal experiences and definitely suffers from bias.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
1- TOUCHY (are you calling me fat?! maybe I AM fat! I shouldn't eat for a week!!!)
2- like sappy movies (i.e. the notebook)
3- always willing to interpret something as being a sign that you don't love them/are cheating on them

yes- there will always be some exceptions- thank god

2. The ending of The Notebook was not sad. Probably the happiest ending ever. I couldn't understand why people's eyes were watering at the end. The scene with the birds was perfect.