• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Top 3 reasons for why NFs suck...

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Schizm, I disagree with the moral standards point of yours. I do not think all NF's have rigid moral standards, but some probably do. For some NFs, people may be expected to live up to standards (although that really sounds like more of an SJ thing), but I think it is more likely an NF would allow others to follow their own moral standards and not force their own standards on other people.

I personally have a few friends who sleep around, and I personally think that is wrong (somewhat... I don't think its a good thing to do all the time, but once in a while? Sure), but I never judge them because of it. I think that others probably would too...

Is there an NF who is more likely to be judgemental, and is their one that is less likely?

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
(I apologize; I have no idea how to do the fancy multiple-quotes-in-little-boxes thing.)

Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer:
1. They're too afraid to show a little self-pride.
2. They're so politically correct and worried about offending others.
3. They think NTs are cold and evil.

1: I do tend to want my good points and my achievements acknowledged, but when I actually do receive a compliment, I am often startled and overly modest.
2: Not necessarily politically correct, but yes to being concerned about offending others.
3: Most definitely not. Some of my dearest and closest companions are NTs, including my spouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpei:
1. they tend to be oversensitive
2. they tend to be revengeful
3. they tend to dissect every word I say to smell whether there is some hidden agenda or conspiracy going on behind their backs

1: Yes, this is true for me.
2: No, not vengeful at all. I also think revenge is morally wrong.
3: Yes, definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe:
1.) Take EVERYTHING personally
2.) Can read vibes, but cannot always interpret them correctly
3.) Take offense on behalf of loved ones and friends too easily and go into protector mode with violence

1: Well, I don't take EVERYTHING personally. Just most things. :)
2: Yes, this is true for me.
3: I am protective of my loved ones, but not with violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander:
NF sucks because :-
#1 Their paranoid without exception!
#2 Their paranoid about their paranoia.
#3 They blame their paranoia on others.

1: Not overly paranoid. Definitely cautious, and maybe a tiny bit paranoid about certain things, but not overly so.
2: What? Who said? ;)
3: Hmm, not sure how to respond to this one.

autumn

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Is there an NF who is more likely to be judgemental, and is their one that is less likely?

Maybe there is. Some of my posts are personal vents that have gone a bit far. Well anyone at an unhealthy level of personality can be very critical of others(myself included*). The example I cited is consistent in one particular person who I do not plan on associating with anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
NF sucks because :-
#1 Their paranoid without exception!
#2 Their paranoid about their paranoia.
#3 They blame their paranoia on others.

How did you know????

ARE YOU SPYING ON ME???? :eek:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
These are my downfalls, and I'm always working on these to some degree (some have already mentioned these):
1) Idealizing people and not seeing (or ignoring) the "red flags"
2) I can take things very personally (attacked) sometimes when no insult was intended at all (I think I drove my old ISTJ boyfriend crazy).
3) I can be very unorganized, and I have developed systems for just about everything to keep my sanity (mail, paper recycling, filing, pantry, laundry). :doh:

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
Judgmental NFs

Almost all the Js I know are more judgmental than the Ps I know, so I would venture a guess that the NFJs typically judge others, maybe before they even realize they have! :blushing:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
watched the GOP debates and forgot this...

Oh yeah...
4) Procrastination is my middle name :doh:

Lone Angel

MBTI Type
INFP
Three Reasons Why NF's Suck?

I've noticed a lack of a hate topic against us by the INT band so I've taken the liberty to start one myself. Now I don't know they've chosen to avoid us my guess either they feel making fun of a group almost as large as themselves will bring to many counter-examples to make it fun or they feel it's overdone and have moved on.

But, let's forget that and get this show on the road, eh.

No. 1. They're oversensitive about everything no matter if they show it or not.
No. 2 They're lazy and disorganized (expecially the P.s) and love putting things off to the last minute.
No. 3 They're in love with love ""OH MY GOD"":shock: and man do they over idealize relationships even the males are females when it comes to love.:doh:

Anybody else got anything else oh yeah before you argue that's not true remember I can only use myself and what I read because I'm horrible at guessing types and they don't do that test down here.

[Merged threads]

Bovinity

MBTI Type
INFP
This thread brings to mind a Morrissey lyric:

"They look at you and I, and
Envy makes them cry, Envy makes them cry"

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
1.) they *feel* they know things (where's the logic behind that?!??)

2) they view people as potential play things (shiny and new and full of potential)

3) they secretly hate themselves, albeit only sometimes (because they know themselves too well)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
This thread brings to mind a Morrissey lyric:

"They look at you and I, and
Envy makes them cry, Envy makes them cry"

Don't (let a man like Morrissey) flatter yourself ;)

Bovinity

MBTI Type
INFP
Don't (let a man like Morrissey) flatter yourself ;)

I'm entitled to some self flattery, after 11 pages of why and how much I suck. (Just kidding, not personally offended or anything... will even participate in the thread proper if I think of something novel.)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
1.) they *feel* they know things (where's the logic behind that?!??)
When you "feel" you don't need logic anymore! ;)

2) they view people as potential play things (shiny and new and full of potential)
Please refrain from giving all our secrets away... now where am I going to find my next lab rat, I mean new friend, if you keep on scaring them away?

3) they secretly hate themselves, albeit only sometimes (because they know themselves too well)
No comments :dry:

Atomic Fiend

*Leaving friends for dead

I once stuck up for my friend and his brother(both NF's) who were about to get jumped. One of the kids hit my friend, who did not respond. I pushed the kid off of him, next thing i know another guy clocks me. We are fighting and then the next thing I know the two NF's have fled the scene leaving me for death. Again, complete and utter absence of loyalty.

Hardly. In my expierence, It's me who ends up getting my ass kicked while the SP and NT haul it. Cowardence can be found in any type, it's a reason why humans suck, not just NFs.

1.)

Once again, not just NFs, I direct you to the I'm faliure and a fuck up thread on INTPc. Anyone can fall short of there own expectations, anyone can fall into self resentment.

Lone Angel

MBTI Type
INFP
My mistake

I guess I didn't search hard enough when I started mine; my mistake.

To stay on topic it's best not to generalize any type from my knowledge it's not just NF's that run away or moralize or sell out.

But basically dude get some new friends don't settle for someone that doesn't have to loyalty to stand beside you in times of trouble.

Though I guess you do have a shoulder to cry on if you have any emotional trouble.:D

For the rest of the reasons why we suck they only apply to me in the vaguest sense.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
1) For genuinely caring about other people and actually expecting them to do the same.

2) For seeing the positive in everything and choosing to pursue that instead of more pragmatic thing.

3) For seeing the good in everyone and expecting it out of them.

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
1. So self-righteous and idealized they can't see things for the way they really are, thus looking like ridiculous irrational fools most of the time.

2. Always bitching about the "sorry state" of their lives since EVERY LITTLE UNIMPORTANT EVENT is some type of evil thing/conspiracy to ruin their happiness. Drama king/queens.

3. Obsessed with trying to please others...obsessed with being "nice" so that no one will hate them. :rolli: since the majority of them really do hate themselves or are obsessed with the "good and evil" battle within themselves.

I could go on and on...but the topic said to list only 3. ;)

Edasich

Enneagram
4w5
^ Me too!

This is such a hard case thread....... it's awesome, lol.