• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you remember your dreams?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My dreams tend to be very vivid, although as I've grown older I've been able to recall less of them. My dreams tend to be very symbolic and often point out things in my psyche or patterns that I've picked up on in the real world that I haven't or struggle recognize consciously. I'm not a sleeper though, so insomnia might contribute to that one. My dreams aren't very consistent in theme, but often have a very distinct plot line/plot lines. Often it surrounds nature and don't resemble reality in the slightest.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone else "character" hop? When I was younger, I very rarely had dreams in which I was *me*. In fact, a lot of time, I was male lol.
To this day, though, I still frequently switch dream characters and experience the dream through the eyes of other people. I've even dreamed of being animals a few times, a bug once, and a car once :rofl1:. And then there have been the dreams of being a star- at one point being "born" and another time at it's death; as well as dreaming of being an entire solar system once.
Hmmm, I've never dreamed of being plants lol nor infants.

Lucid dreaming is so difficult for me, because inconsistencies and illogical stuff are woven into the dream in such a way that it becomes believable. Or, I'll suddenly form dream memories of something always being the case (like, I'm about to drown then suddenly "remember" I've always been able to breathe under water lol).

Oh yeah. Anyhow... one of my best character hopping dreams was being in Africa, in some distant time. I started out as a native woman. Colonial soldiers were approaching my tribe and I knew war was coming. I jumped from different women as they chanted war songs. Then I jumped to the soldiers. Many of them were saddened by their orders and the deaths as they sliced off heads or ran the Natives through. Then I'd hop into the Native warriors, bravely protecting their families ; and then into a child, hiding behind its mother, terrified and grieving.

I've never had another dream quite that complex or engaging. I woke from it shaken up but awed.

Anyone else do this?

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ever since I was very little I had the same dream, sometims as often as multiple times a week. It was a long, convoluted story which I could never remember. It was so vivid, I knew the people well-while I was dreaming and fir a split second after a woke up.

What is very strange about this dream-compared to others-is that what I recall most is not a person, not an event or even a feeling but a shape. And not like it would just show up visually but the location, the core and most imptant place in the dream was the one constistant and seemingly important thing I could remember.

This reminds me of a childhood dream that I would have constantly. It never changed and it happened over and over. It sounded like a commercial, with this male voice announcing the name of a movie which I could never remember. But the visuals I remember very well: A gnome standing atop a leaf, rowing down a stream.

Nowadays, if I have a repeating dream, the actions and circumstances are different, but the place is always the same. The action happens either in or around the same cemetery, and/ or in a broken up wing of my house that I have to fix somehow or that is haunted. Weird AF.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been having a bunch of stupid, mundane, but stressful dreams about forgetting stuff and such. I'd much rather have exciting, dramatic nightmares or anything rather than this. I'm dealing with tons of mundane, stressful stuff, so there's that.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=14857]Ravenetta[/MENTION] Yeah, my kids laugh at me about that. I'd much rather have "nightmares" of fighting off zombies than my stress dreams which involve me driving around lost, preparing for trips then realizing I've forgotten something; or dreams of family drama.
I actually look forward to my zombie dreams lol

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone else "character" hop? When I was younger, I very rarely had dreams in which I was *me*. In fact, a lot of time, I was male lol.
To this day, though, I still frequently switch dream characters and experience the dream through the eyes of other people. I've even dreamed of being animals a few times, a bug once, and a car once :rofl1:. And then there have been the dreams of being a star- at one point being "born" and another time at it's death; as well as dreaming of being an entire solar system once.
Hmmm, I've never dreamed of being plants lol nor infants.

Lucid dreaming is so difficult for me, because inconsistencies and illogical stuff are woven into the dream in such a way that it becomes believable. Or, I'll suddenly form dream memories of something always being the case (like, I'm about to drown then suddenly "remember" I've always been able to breathe under water lol).

Oh yeah. Anyhow... one of my best character hopping dreams was being in Africa, in some distant time. I started out as a native woman. Colonial soldiers were approaching my tribe and I knew war was coming. I jumped from different women as they chanted war songs. Then I jumped to the soldiers. Many of them were saddened by their orders and the deaths as they sliced off heads or ran the Natives through. Then I'd hop into the Native warriors, bravely protecting their families ; and then into a child, hiding behind its mother, terrified and grieving.

I've never had another dream quite that complex or engaging. I woke from it shaken up but awed.

Anyone else do this?

I also don't dream as myself usually. I generally dream of being animals, or a dragon/monster. I dream more as the opposite sex as well. I wouldn't say I hop character to character, more like as soon as something happens to one character. I am suddenly outside of them looking at what is happening, then I go off and do something else as the dream changes. It's more like a morphing perspective.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nice [MENTION=37565]Tenebris[/MENTION] ! I have finally met another traveler :)
I wish I would dream of being a bird. To experience flight, that way, could be absolutely amazing. But no; most of my animal dreams were of being a wolf running through the woods at night. They were very nice dreams and I woke feeling inspired; but why a wolf lol. That's almost cliche. Let me be a crow or owl. A hummingbird could be neat, but I don't think my brain would be capable of sustaining it.

I don't think I've ever dreamed of being a monster either.
And YES!- morphing perspectives describes it well.

Have you had "God mode" dreams? Sort of like the game Civilization or Sim City. I'm always absent in those dreams. I'm just a presence that causes things to be. "I" look down on a world and cause a mountain to be one place; an ocean at another and so on. Then I'll drop in cities and people and watch the civilizations grow, expand, disappear or merge into others.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice [MENTION=37565]Tenebris[/MENTION] ! I have finally met another traveler :)
I wish I would dream of being a bird. To experience flight, that way, could be absolutely amazing. But no; most of my animal dreams were of being a wolf running through the woods at night. They were very nice dreams and I woke feeling inspired; but why a wolf lol. That's almost cliche. Let me be a crow or owl. A hummingbird could be neat, but I don't think my brain would be capable of sustaining it.

I don't think I've ever dreamed of being a monster either.
And YES!- morphing perspectives describes it well.

Have you had "God mode" dreams? Sort of like the game Civilization or Sim City. I'm always absent in those dreams. I'm just a presence that causes things to be. "I" look down on a world and cause a mountain to be one place; an ocean at another and so on. Then I'll drop in cities and people and watch the civilizations grow, expand, disappear or merge into others.

I have had "God mode" dreams, usually when I am lucid dreaming. I love the sensation of feeling the world bend to my will like playdough. I like to travel and experience nature or something supernatural or profound usually. Or try to alter my subconscious. I am not usually watching civilization grow, I am burning it to the ground. :devil: okay not literally, but my dreams like to rebel against my lucidity to pull me back into the dream. I tend to constantly be fighting, or observing the world as it unfolds. Very rarely to I use my god powers to directly affect things that are not doing anything to me. I have "created" things too, but they were imperfect most of the time.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ahhh, lol. Yes, my dreams like to shift gears too even though I’m not lucid. As soon as I create a civilization, other “presences” enter the world and create their own. Then it becomes a race as to which of us can build the best people the fastest. I usually lose :doh: I wake up when my people are completely conquered.

It would be nice to experience that dream up close and personal, instead of zoomed out so far. My mind probably prefers it that way, though, because I’d otherwise notice all the design flaws and wake up sooner rofl.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahhh, lol. Yes, my dreams like to shift gears too even though I’m not lucid. As soon as I create a civilization, other “presences” enter the world and create their own. Then it becomes a race as to which of us can build the best people the fastest. I usually lose :doh: I wake up when my people are completely conquered.

It would be nice to experience that dream up close and personal, instead of zoomed out so far. My mind probably prefers it that way, though, because I’d otherwise notice all the design flaws and wake up sooner rofl.

Oh there will be flaws regardless of lucidity or not. I tested the limits of visualization a few times in dreams. When you try to imagine something you've never seen, your dream will stitch together similar things to create it. If its even more abstract, the "graphics" of the dream decline very fast. I'm talking Nintendo 64 graphics. I remember playing minecraft, and that created an interesting phenomena in my dreams. I was suddenly able to dream extremely complex landscapes, that was aided by minecraft graphics lol. So video games to help you dream. Meditation and visualization do too. Ive dreamed of people I have never met IRL, because I think about them a lot.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll have to try to play around with that some more, but that's been my experience too. The more intricate the design, the more unstable the dream.
Video games have definitely changed the way I dream. 7 Days to Die probably changed my dreams the most: I create bases by activating a "menu" which sort of summons the building blocks I need; I parkour all over the place; I mine a whole lot and enjoy the texture and color changes between biomes; I no longer fear death because I know I'll just "respawn" elsewhere.
Civ and Sims probably made it possible for me to have my "god mode" dreams.
Even Farmville, lol, directed the course of my dreams because I had to give more thought to layout and design and growth times.

The most bizarre thing from all of this though, is that I have moderate aphantasia. If I'm awake and try to visualize anything, it's very fleeting and shadowy. When I dream, though, it has the clarity of life. If I was to close my eyes right now and try to picture my kids, I wouldn't be able to see a whole picture. I'd only see certain things in brief flashes. When I sleep, though, I can even picture what they looked like as newborns. I can't access that info when I'm awake.

rvabread22

MBTI Type
INFP
I remember my dreams very frequently. Some times they are spiritual warfare dreams and I'm battling things in the spirit. I wake up very tired after dreams such as those. Most of my dreams are kind of like movies but they also have unusual aspects and have some sort of disconnect. Like I'll be at my house where I live yet it's in a different city/location or I am several ages at once.

StrawberryBoots

I remember my dreams very frequently. Some times they are spiritual warfare dreams and I'm battling things in the spirit. I wake up very tired after dreams such as those.
I can relate to having spiritual warfare dreams. I have them when I'm stressed. I wake myself up, hearing myself talking during the battle. :)
Otherwise, I rarely remember.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Rarely unfortunately. It's like I know I dreamed, but everything is a blur. I'll wake up slowly from the dream and it's like the dream is being sucked out of my mind while I try to cling to it. I often remember "vibes", like what I had felt during the dream or the color scheme. Sometimes I do remember them though, and I often dream about being back in school for some reason, animals, or traveling to places real and fantastical alike.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Yes. I wonder why the OP raise the question. Would she interpret the dream, if we told her our dream?

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still do
well I usually remember my dreams when they are nightmares
and I have been having them frequently - semi-frequently for at least some time now (2-3 years)
so yea I have been remembering them. This nurse asked me to apply this cortisol cream this every night she said I won't remember my nightmares
...I still do lol (as of now)

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can remember some.There's some dreams I remember but that I dont write later,because I didnt think they were impactful enough.
But I try to write my dreams in order to remember.
I like a dream I had when I was a kid.The atmosphere was very calm and I was holding a fishbowl that had a red fish inside.I knew I was holding it,as in,the person holding it was me,but also I was seeing it from an outsider's perspective and it was odd,but nice.