• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you remember your dreams?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dream alot. And I usually remember alot of it upon waking but need to write it down real quick before I forget if it's in any slightest bit interesting. They're a bit fantastical but I believe they often hold alot of importance so I need to record them to see the potential subconscious symbolism in it for whatever I may be dealing with from within.

Closest thing I have to nightmares are being trapped (in a car falling off a bridge into a body of water unable to get out) or being shot at and attacked. Having to violently fight back to survive... Strange thing is I rarely ever feel any fear from them. Then there's zombies... That actually does unnerve me. The animalistic inhumaness I can't stand whether literal or figuratively... But I still fight back because I'm crazy.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I remembered it today.

I was in a horror house.. On my own, I'm sleeping 😴 and i try not to be afraid.. And then, there's these weird people around me they're creating drama all around me.. They're fighting ghosts they're talking about the hunted house.. I still try to remain calm and i actually hid myself into some safe spot because there's monsters during the night that's roaming. XD

Until i remembered we went outside the hunted house and I'm playing on the swing.. I play it very very high. But I'm actually concerned because on the back of me is a road that people passes by.. I'm concerned that i might hit people while I'm playing my swing real hard..

Thats all i can remember..

I think there's psychological explanation for this.. Anyone can interpret it? XD

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I dream alot. And I usually remember alot of it upon waking but need to write it down real quick before I forget if it's in any slightest bit interesting. They're a bit fantastical but I believe they often hold alot of importance so I need to record them to see the potential subconscious symbolism in it for whatever I may be dealing with from within.

Closest thing I have to nightmares are being trapped (in a car falling off a bridge into a body of water unable to get out) or being shot at and attacked. Having to violently fight back to survive... Strange thing is I rarely ever feel any fear from them. Then there's zombies... That actually does unnerve me. The animalistic inhumaness I can't stand whether literal or figuratively... But I still fight back because I'm crazy.

I think our dreams reflect our frustrations, inner self.. Sort of like that. Well that's one of my friend told me.. So i guess our dreams kinda reflect on what's we're facing or what is our feelings in the real world.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remembered it today.

I was in a horror house.. On my own, I'm sleeping 😴 and i try not to be afraid.. And then, there's these weird people around me they're creating drama all around me.. They're fighting ghosts they're talking about the hunted house.. I still try to remain calm and i actually hid myself into some safe spot because there's monsters during the night that's roaming. XD

Until i remembered we went outside the hunted house and I'm playing on the swing.. I play it very very high. But I'm actually concerned because on the back of me is a road that people passes by.. I'm concerned that i might hit people while I'm playing my swing real hard..

Thats all i can remember..

I think there's psychological explanation for this.. Anyone can interpret it? XD

Horror house. Sleeping. People creating drama, fighting ghosts in it.

Translation: The house is the world full of horrors, and struggles and the reason it's a house is because it's a space you are enclosed within and cramped up in. A world by perception. The people in it are those that also struggle and fight through it. You hid yourself from that drama. The swing ... different setting. In this your focus is not on the struggles but having fun outside of that stress, but in having that fun time at the same time you are afraid you will knock others off balance? Or it's how even in fun that subconscious concern or worry always lingers.

Pff. Probably way off... I tried. Fun to guess.

Update: I looked up ghosts in dreams. It is supposedly a disconnection of self or the world. I think I kind of alluded that though. I've never heard of swinging across a road though nor can I quite find the results.

I think our dreams reflect our frustrations, inner self.. Sort of like that. Well that's one of my friend told me.. So i guess our dreams kinda reflect on what's we're facing or what is our feelings in the real world.

I agree. I've figured out a lot of mine were, and sometimes they've even told the future on occasion if something personal is about to happen.. at least in my case. For the most part though they're symbolic of self in general.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Horror house. Sleeping. People creating drama, fighting ghosts in it.

Translation: The house is the world full of horrors, and struggles and the reason it's a house is because it's a space you are enclosed within and cramped up in. A world by perception. The people in it are those that also struggle and fight through it. You hid yourself from that drama. The swing ... different setting. In this your focus is not on the struggles but having fun outside of that stress, but in having that fun time at the same time you are afraid you will knock others off balance? Or it's how even in fun that subconscious concern or worry always lingers.

Pff. Probably way off... I tried. Fun to guess.

Update: I looked up ghosts in dreams. It is supposedly a disconnection of self or the world. I think I kind of alluded that though. I've never heard of swinging across a road though nor can I quite find the results.

I agree. I've figured out a lot of mine were, and sometimes they've even told the future on occasion if something personal is about to happen.. at least in my case. For the most part though they're symbolic of self in general.
Yes i think so too. I've also read that dreams can actually predict the future or solve your problems..
I had one dream before, i am a programmer and i dreamt of the solution to my code! XD but unfortunately failed to remember the solution [emoji14] that's probably why some go beyond understanding the mystery of their dreams.

Btw thanks for the interpretations! XD
I actually usually tend to dream about ghosts or haunted houses whenever I'm stressed or struggling with something.. [emoji14]

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yes

but that's not why i'm here, i'm here cuz i accidently read the title as do you remember your name? and i was like wait that's an odd question. so do you?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do the dreams ever predict the future?

No they really don't. I am pretty good at predicting the future though my timimg is often off (I think things will happen sooner than they do). Its not through dreams though.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Holy crap, new forum layout. I'm not sure I like this, at least on mobile. (I feel like I've commented this before.)

Since before finals, I've been having a hard time remembering my dreams. They're probably very ordinary at this point, but I do remember at least one dream that involved flying, at least for a short while, but that was the only thing I could really remember so that was all I could write down. But often these days and I'm too busy fighting my alarms (I'm trying to adjust my sleep cycle so that I'm getting up and going to bed earlier) to write my dreams.

Edit: apparently April was a very good month for dreaming for me. I have multi paragraph entries in my dream journal for April, but like none for May. A few dreams, yes, but not very detailed, especially compared to April.

One of the things I occasionally dream about are common everyday items that are oddly sized. For example, in one dream I borrowed a pair of goggles from a guy, and when I went to return them to him (after earlier losing them and then more dream occurring) they were the size of goggles you might put on a Barbie doll.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Holy crap, new forum layout. I'm not sure I like this, at least on mobile. (I feel like I've commented this before.)

Since before finals, I've been having a hard time remembering my dreams. They're probably very ordinary at this point, but I do remember at least one dream that involved flying, at least for a short while, but that was the only thing I could really remember so that was all I could write down. But often these days and I'm too busy fighting my alarms (I'm trying to adjust my sleep cycle so that I'm getting up and going to bed earlier) to write my dreams.

Edit: apparently April was a very good month for dreaming for me. I have multi paragraph entries in my dream journal for April, but like none for May. A few dreams, yes, but not very detailed, especially compared to April.

One of the things I occasionally dream about are common everyday items that are oddly sized. For example, in one dream I borrowed a pair of goggles from a guy, and when I went to return them to him (after earlier losing them and then more dream occurring) they were the size of goggles you might put on a Barbie doll.

Use the mobile theme.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Also, when my daughter was 4, she told me that her room was full of "light balls" one night. Yeeeaaaaaaah.......

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm hit or miss with remembering dreams. Sometimes I remember them in vivid detail and other times, I remember nothing. If I drink caffeine before bed, oddly enough the dreams get more vivid. There are some more vivid dreams that just stay with me and I have trouble forgetting the next day. I may remember a location or a sensation during the dream sometimes but everything else is a blur. My dreams can get so random at times. No matter how hard I try, it's trapped. I long have intended on keeping a dream journal. The topic of lucid dreaming fascinates me and I want to get into that.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
My last dream last night was a sex dream, which I literally never have. I do occasionally have masturbation dreams, but sex dreams are essentially non-existent for me. Anyway.... I had this sex dream, and it was both emotionally satisfying and hot as fuck. It also weirdly had futuristic/threatening undertones to it in that my partner and I found ourselves in a protective pod of sorts and we were on the run from I don't even know what. I never have dreams this interesting and tend to be envious of those who have surrealist or highly interesting dreams.

I woke up because I was (I'm pretty sure I was.....) moving my hips in real time with the dream.
I was very disappointed to wake up because it was the most action and emotional feeling I have had in 5+ months.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have been in love with dreaming since I was 3 or 4 years old. In one of those, it was a nightmare about a woman in a wheelchair at the top of some stairs. My dad turned his eyelids inside out. I used to remember a lot more about it but have long since forgotten. When I was a kid, I told my parents about it and they remembered the lady and where we were in the dream, which is the only reason I know how old I was lol

Then, in kindergarten, I dreamed I was laying in my bed sound asleep. There were cartoon thought bubbles above me... which held images of me laying in my bed sound asleep with thought bubbles above me :laugh:
The image continued until the images were too small to make out.

These last few months have largely been a dreaming desert. There have been a few great ones, but nothing like the ones I’m used to. I love my dreams so much because it’s a life I’d never “dream” of having (sorry. Couldn’t help myself :D)
I love scary dreams. Zombie dreams are a weekly occurrence thanks to being (formerly) addicted to the game 7 Days to Die. Flying dreams are my favorites.

I tried to get into lucid dreaming, but it requires way too much work and dedication. I also enjoy trying to decipher what’s going on in my subconscious (sp). To an extent. Once I hit my teens, I made a deal with my brain: ‘If you want me to understand what the heck you’re trying to say, tell it to me straight. I don’t understand all that symbolic crap.’

The crap I referred to:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I have been in love with dreaming since I was 3 or 4 years old. In one of those, it was a nightmare about a woman in a wheelchair at the top of some stairs. My dad turned his eyelids inside out. I used to remember a lot more about it but have long since forgotten. When I was a kid, I told my parents about it and they remembered the lady and where we were in the dream, which is the only reason I know how old I was lol

Then, in kindergarten, I dreamed I was laying in my bed sound asleep. There were cartoon thought bubbles above me... which held images of me laying in my bed sound asleep with thought bubbles above me :laugh:
The image continued until the images were too small to make out.

These last few months have largely been a dreaming desert. There have been a few great ones, but nothing like the ones I’m used to. I love my dreams so much because it’s a life I’d never “dream” of having (sorry. Couldn’t help myself :D)
I love scary dreams. Zombie dreams are a weekly occurrence thanks to being (formerly) addicted to the game 7 Days to Die. Flying dreams are my favorites.

I tried to get into lucid dreaming, but it requires way too much work and dedication. I also enjoy trying to decipher what’s going on in my subconscious (sp). To an extent. Once I hit my teens, I made a deal with my brain: ‘If you want me to understand what the heck you’re trying to say, tell it to me straight. I don’t understand all that symbolic crap.’

The crap I referred to:

Your dream in the spoiler sounds to me to be an indication that despite a push in the right direction from outside sources, you are uncertain of your path and possibly afraid of success (failure). Flying over the trees indicates success, but finding yourself in the darkness of the clouds indicates uncertainty and failure, or at least the unknown. In there, you find a guide, whom you subconsciously crave. This guide delivers a message to you which likely means nothing but serves as a distraction from your overall uncertainty with yourself and your path, and redirects it to an unknown X factor that was created by your own mind; nothing more than a distraction.

That will be $19.99 please, and I no longer accept installments.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hehe, I love your interpretation. It very well may have been true too. I was an exceptionally lost, troubled, and overly sensitive child.
When I was in my 20’s, I finally “flew into the heavens” (space). Nothing spectacular happened lol, but space dreams have become some of my favorites.
Though it should be noted that, even though I’m now 45 years old, and I’ve had countless flying dreams, I still get nervous about going above the tree line. Except, now it’s mostly the power lines I’m worried about lol

Also, the guy in my dream came to be very important to me. I named him Jeff Tasin and I wrote 2 novellas in Middle then High School ... all because of that dream. He showed up in several other dreams, though, to help the stories along. Once I wrote my stories, he disappeared forever :(

Last edited:

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Ever since I was very little I had the same dream, sometims as often as multiple times a week. It was a long, convoluted story which I could never remember. It was so vivid, I knew the people well-while I was dreaming and fir a split second after a woke up.

What is very strange about this dream-compared to others-is that what I recall most is not a person, not an event or even a feeling but a shape. And not like it would just show up visually but the location, the core and most imptant place in the dream was the one constistant and seemingly important thing I could remember.

It was...I think it was too short to be a spiral, like, ONE piece or a spural, or maybe a one-suded helix.

Anyway, it was made up of a spiral staircase. The downstairs was like a scene from a horror movie; dark, green tints, low cieling ( like a basement) even the inexplicable swamp fog and everyone who lived there was miserable. They were constantly fighting and back-stabbing each other ( in fact the only other thing I remember is that they all seemed to be part of a game of betreyal, of course it involved murder)
At the top of the spiral was the rest of the world, vast, green fields, blue sky and I think, a castle? It was too enormous to ever see in it’s entirety. I only ever saw the white stone walls. In more than one occasion my family lived there for...some reason.
I think the details of the story changed a bit, there was always a sense of trying to be the last one to survivethe “ basement world” but the location was always the same and that spiral was always the center.

Hehe, I love your interpretation. It very well may have been true too. I was an exceptionally lost, troubled, and overly sensitive child.
When I was in my 20’s, I finally “flew into the heavens” (space). Nothing spectacular happened lol, but space dreams have become some of my favorites.
Though it should be noted that, even though I’m now 45 years old, and I’ve had countless flying dreams, I still get nervous about going above the tree line. Except, now it’s mostly the power lines I’m worried about lol

Also, the guy in my dream came to be very important to me. I named him Jeff Tasin and I wrote 2 novellas in Middle then High School ... all because of that dream. He showed up in several other dreams, though, to help the stories along. Once I wrote my stories, he disappeared forever :(

When I was younger I had the mostpeaceful dreams about lying. It was always at night, when it was cool and silent, not a sould around but myself. Most times I didn’t really use it for traveling but to avoid others. I mostly stuc’ to the high branches of trees. It was the most calming thing I’ve ever experienced.

I also had the “ dream person”. Seemed like someone who has been with me forever and was always a reassuring and halpful pressance. Hasn’t shown up in years and I feel awful about it. Like he was the closest person to and I had done something to drive him away. I want him back.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember my dreams, well I used to. I stopped being interested in them for a while that that caused me to stop remembering them as much. I have remembered enough dreams, to find patterns in them, and pinpoint what they mean for my subconscious and emotional state when I am awake. I dream in extreme detail, and when I am lucid its practically indistinguishable from reality. My dreams are also very metaphorical and abstract. I have dreamed up some amazing things, and I really wish I could share what I have seen with others. From half sunken cities, to floating islands in the sky. I have dreamed of nightmarish and otherworldly things as well. It would be very hard to explain some things in detail, because they don't make logical sense.

Of the patterns I know of, my dreams exist in 4 different worlds that I generally end up in.

The first is like earth, full of empty cities, Gothic architecture or modern architecture. Sometimes they are submerged, and labyrinth like. Sometimes they are small towns on the edge of nature, and more specifically a lake. Sometimes it is bright and sunny, other times it is overcast, but if it is at night it is always raining. These dreams are always about being lost, and trying to get somewhere. Sometimes there are a lot of people. Sometimes, they become apocalyptic. These dreams are the most normal for me. Sometimes really weird things happen, like I find a giant robot and end up piloting it. Or I meet strange people, and we go on adventures. Lots of symbolism scattered about.

Then there is a sky world? I fly a lot in dreams, so having floating islands is common. I have had entire dreams of alien worlds, where I was a bird person, a dragon, or an animal before. I remember one in specific that resembled a video game. These ones generally have a lot of science fiction elements. In these dreams, I am always trying to fight, or accomplish something. Avoiding conflict, or directly engaging in it. Solving mysteries, or just enjoying myself. Sometimes, these go into outer-space. But outer space triggers my anxiety. Same with flying too high, I will feel anxious and almost immediately fall.

Then, there are the subterranean ruin dreams. Vast caverns, large open areas, puzzles, glyphs, and seeming ancient mysteries. As well as some monsters lurking in the shadows. Then most specifically, a poltergeist that follows me in dreams, and I have like the ability to sense it before it attacks me. It is a reoccurring element in my dreams that represents PTSD I think. I am always trying to escape these places, they are not pleasant. There is always the sense of danger, and fear. If I don't find a way to escape the ruins before the impending poltergeist finds me. I will have a night terror, and they are very unpleasant. What is interesting about the first world, is that I can sometimes see the subterranean world from above, like a crack in the ground. When I am on the surface, I can sometimes find ruins with entrances trying to lead me down into their depths. Sometimes I go, but other times I know I do not want to go down there. I think it is a manifestation of my mental blocks.

Then there is the pure chaos and horror dreams. It is always nighttime, and seems to take place in places I know in real life. Such as my old house, or my own town. There is generally a LOT going on in these dreams, as in too many things happening at once. Such as an alien invasion, a volcano exploding, a lunar eclipse and wolves running around, a celestial alignment, and that goddamn air raid siren from silent hill. (this legit all happened in one dream). What is interesting about these though, is that I learned to stop having nightmares (which these generally were). When I feel the poltergeist coming, which is like a presence, and sense of impending doom that comes at a slow walking pace/build up to panic, it triggers lucidity in me. I then proceed to leave the dream behind. Generally by flying, which can be difficult at times. Also, I call it the poltergeist because of how the dream begins to behave when it shows up like a shadow being cast over the dream. Things become like a haunted house, like the lights and doors turn off and it becomes quiet and everyone disappears. Sometimes the poltergeist grabs me, and the dream doesn't immediately transition into the night terror and waking. I get stuck in what feels like wake limbo, and my body feels like its suspended in a void, and I am spinning, or upside down and helpless. Also filled with the sensation of being electrocuted, and tickled at the same time (I am hella ticklish), and the stomach feels like it's squirming with snakes. No picture for obvious reasons.