• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you remember your dreams?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm at the point of having normal mundane dreams, and remembering them just because I've put such an emphasis on remembering and journaling them in the recent months. And I'm like, "Why? These are the mundane boring dreams. There's no flying, no surgeries, no oddly-constructed roller coasters, no tornadoes, not even weird driving (there's normal driving). Why do I bother to remember and log these?!" And waking up enough to write them is taking a toll on my overall energy for the day (not a large one, just enough that I notice it). But I do it so I'll remember more exciting dreams in the future. At least the sexy dreams have stopped. I don't particularly like those. They rub me the wrong way. No pun intended.

I spent last night going through all my dreams notes and splitting them up by years and I plan to put them on Google Docs soon. Including 2017 I have at least eight years (the 2010 note includes older dreams I had committed to memory as well since I only started actively logging them in summer of 2010). I don't remember if I had a lot of dreams for early 2011, but if I did, I lost them. It was late, I probably cut them from the original and forgot to paste them onto the new. Because tired/sleepy and lazy lol. But still. Holy crap, I have logged a lot of dreams. Most of them without context so Freud couldn't really have a hayday with them. But I still find them interesting, even if I can't revisualize some of them anymore. Interestingly, I find it easier to visualize the older ones than the more recent ones.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm at the point of having normal mundane dreams, and remembering them just because I've put such an emphasis on remembering and journaling them in the recent months. And I'm like, "Why? These are the mundane boring dreams. There's no flying, no surgeries, no oddly-constructed roller coasters, no tornadoes, not even weird driving (there's normal driving). Why do I bother to remember and log these?!" And waking up enough to write them is taking a toll on my overall energy for the day (not a large one, just enough that I notice it). But I do it so I'll remember more exciting dreams in the future. At least the sexy dreams have stopped. I don't particularly like those. They rub me the wrong way. No pun intended.

I spent last night going through all my dreams notes and splitting them up by years and I plan to put them on Google Docs soon. Including 2017 I have at least eight years (the 2010 note includes older dreams I had committed to memory as well since I only started actively logging them in summer of 2010). I don't remember if I had a lot of dreams for early 2011, but if I did, I lost them. It was late, I probably cut them from the original and forgot to paste them onto the new. Because tired/sleepy and lazy lol. But still. Holy crap, I have logged a lot of dreams. Most of them without context so Freud couldn't really have a hayday with them. But I still find them interesting, even if I can't revisualize some of them anymore. Interestingly, I find it easier to visualize the older ones than the more recent ones.

That's a tremendous amount of dedication and organization! I totally relate to the complaint of mundane dreaming. Also, you just helped me remember that I have dreams of driving around as a theme, but usually I am stressed out trying to figure out which way I'm supposed to go or I end up going the wrong way. They're actually quite unpleasant as I'm having them. I used to have these realistic dreams where I would float around, like low-level flying. They were so real that when I was younger I was convinced I was basically leaving my body in some form, but realistically I think they were just extra sensory. I am open to the concept of astral projecting though, as well as other "odd" things occurring in dream state, such as premonitions.

Why do you think you have boring dreams? Do you have a theory?

DITR

I used to remember my dreams but it seems reliant on how many hours of sleep I get and whether it's interrupted. I'm guessing I always dream but don't always remember them.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
So remember that dumb dream I had about expired eggs?

I just found an entire dozen of untouched eggs that had a sell by date of December 12th.

Yup. I'm totally nailing this adulting thing.

Mocha

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I rarely remember my dreams. Most of the dreams I've had that I've remembered, though, are one of two things:
1. Really realistic dreams.
2. Acid trips.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Why do you think you have boring dreams? Do you have a theory?

Because boring stuff happens in the day and the brain needs to process everything and these just happen to be the snippets I remember these nights? :shrug:

In other news, learning that my 10am class was cancelled thus allowing me to sleep in (but forgetting to turn off my watch alarm) was a great way to get some pre-sleep hallucination pseudo dreams. None of them were very fleshed out (probably due to having such limited time with them) but they were quite interesting nonetheless.

Taibreah

It's hard for me to remember my dreams in great detail, but there is usually at least one thing that I remember from my dreams. It doesn't make it any clear what the meaning behind it is, though. Last night I dreamed I had been walking around with a hole in the butt of my pants, and I was just all nonchalant about it and continued on with my day without changing. xD My dreams are always so freakin' weird, vague, and cryptic. Then there are times that my dreams are playing out some kind of epic saga. Those are the dreams I really would love to remember in detail, but when I wake up the only thing that is with me is how it made me feel (made me feel happy, sad, angry, defeated, triumphant, etc...).

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

AbbyNormal

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I usually don't remember my dreams but I often wake up feeling disturbed by something! So I must be having some weird dreams...

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Yes.. I was being fucked by my guy friend. Dreamt it twice different friend.its a creep for they're just friends you know. It feels like a rape. But not a rape. I actually felt their dick inside me during my dream.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Been logging my dreams again. Nothing too crazy. I'm sad I haven't had a flying or pseudo flying dream in a long while.

I did dream last night about my being in Ravenclaw and my friends all being in Hufflepuff and I contributed to their (Hufflepuff's) feminine hygiene products drive but declined to eat/sit with them because I was a Ravenclaw and should eat/sit with other Ravenclaws. I went back to my room, sat in my tent, and contemplated loneliness... until a big bug that looked like a tiny lobster crawled inside my tent and I had to try to kill it. Then a bunch of Asians - fellow Ravenclaws - came in and were only mildly interested in my predicament.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually remember my dreams! They're almost always vivid, and they're almost always horrifying. I'm not sure why. I'm always sexually assaulted, murdered, traumatically humiliated...the list goes on. And nobody I'm close with ever cares about me in my dreams either. One night I dreamt that I was molested and my mother told me to stop crying and get over it.

The only good thing about my dreams is that they're nice to wake up from and realize they aren't real!

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Up until a few months ago I rarely remembered many of my dreams, I actually wondered if I ever had dreams. A few months ago I had surgery, something changed drastically with my dreams, not only do I dream every night, I remember everything about them. I'm on meds I've haven't taken before, I'm can't say for sure however I'm thinking it is a side effect. I'm quite pleased bc I enjoy recalling my dreams. The downside is I spend a lot of energy tring to unravel the meaning and why certain ppl come to me in dreams more than others.

kpxiong

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
If I'm not too lazy when I wake up during the middle of the night or in the morning, I write down everything I remember and try to describe every scene/picture. Every time I read what I write, the images come back even though I haven't thought about it for a while. I think dream journals are a cool idea, but even writing down the dreams you kind of remember is a challenge.

á´…eparted

passages
I remember my dreams around 80% of the time when I wake up, but I won't retain them with immediate recall beyond that point if I don't put concerted effort into recalling them. Though, occasionally I'll get a rare dream that is burned into my memory. Oddly, if I have a dream that involves elevators, I will ALWAYS remember the dream in it's near entirety. Not sure why, but elevators always make my dreams super vivid and poignent.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have frequent and vivid dreams. I still remember what I dreamed about last night. I dreamed about a person I used to work with. No idea why. A lot of my dreams are about things that will happen in the future. There is worry or concerns expressed through them. I might dream about something I should be doing but forgot to do for example.
Do the dreams ever predict the future?

I remember my dreams around 80% of the time when I wake up, but I won't retain them with immediate recall beyond that point if I don't put concerted effort into recalling them. Though, occasionally I'll get a rare dream that is burned into my memory. Oddly, if I have a dream that involves elevators, I will ALWAYS remember the dream in it's near entirety. Not sure why, but elevators always make my dreams super vivid and poignent.
I wonder what elevators symbolize for you personally. They likely have an archetypal meaning for you.

I usually analyze my dreams and can figure out what they symbolize mean for me. Sometimes they bring me insight into my own psychology, although I'm having difficulty thinking of a specific example right now. I know the obvious meaning of the recurring dream (with the moon crashing into the earth) has to do with feelings of loss of control. I have quite a few dreams about animals and feeling concerned about them. I once had a dream that many forest animals got into my house along with some weiner dogs.

á´…eparted

passages
I usually analyze my dreams and can figure out what they symbolize mean for me. Sometimes they bring me insight into my own psychology, although I'm having difficulty thinking of a specific example right now. I know the obvious meaning of the recurring dream (with the moon crashing into the earth) has to do with feelings of loss of control. I have quite a few dreams about animals and feeling concerned about them. I once had a dream that many forest animals got into my house along with some weiner dogs.

I have never engaged in meaningful dream interpretation. It feels too squishy? Sometime it can be as direct as a dream is very light, and then suddenly an elevator appears and the dream is FAR more vivid for the remainder of the dream. I'd say half of the dreams like this are "difficult" in the sense that they involve themes that in a waking life would be scary or dangerous (I don't get nightmares). The dreams themselves feel more... profound? They just stick with me so much, and the elevators are usually a central point to the dream, either through useage or vibe.

As a child I LOVED elevators. They were exciting because it felt like magic to suddenly appear elsewhere out of seemingly thin air. They involved pressing buttons (which I loved). Overall there was a feeling excitement and something "larger" associated with them. They were special and my parent dreaded taking me into an elevator because I'd get overly excited and get upset if I didn't get to press the buttons. I can't draw any sort of connection other than elevators have always been exciting/powerful feeling?

Dream interpretation has always felt off for me because I have never noticed a pattern between my waking life and dream life. They aren't connected to my emotional states.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't remember my dreams. I don't even know if I'm dreaming..

I lie in my bed then sleep then i will open my eyes it's already morning. I don't dream

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do ... oh man, when I do ... They're always elaborate and story like with a plot, show-down, and sometimes even a nice denouement. They usually incorporate fantastical elements, as well.

I also dream of things I'm afraid of taking place, and things I want happening.