• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you remember your dreams?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I tend to, but only if they really freak me out and I can't shake them. But honestly it doesn't last too long and then I move on to something else. :shrug:

Enneagram
9w1
I don't remember feeling the dreams at all most of the time.

But if you mean, if I remember the events that took place in a dream that I know I felt... then well no to that too.

I must have a terrible mental illness.............

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I mainly only remember the last few seconds.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My dreams really no longer shake me, they're all the same for me. Perhaps it's because I take the warning signs now.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Guys... I remembered some of my dreams from last night. I don't even know the last time that happened. But I actually remember quite a bit of one of the dreams; where I was, what I was looking at and touching, the feelings I was experiencing. Definitely some meaning behind it all, although I'm not going to go into that. But when I woke up, I had this feeling of satisfaction that I remembered so much and in such detail (detail for me is probably not as good as your detail). And I can still remember it too. I did nothing different last night, but I think it was a dream that occurred after I had woken up and fallen back asleep.

So strange tangent here: Sometimes when I nap during the day, I can almost do the "astral projecting" thing. That might sound dumb to some of you, and that's fine.... but if I nap, sometimes I get very "buzzy" feeling and it starts to feel like I'm leaving my body. This NEVER happens at night, only during midday naps. I have to be pretty tired to nap during the day and haven't done so in ages, but maybe I can practice that way. I also used to get sleep paralysis at night, and one time when falling asleep, it felt like I shot out through my body through the top of my head going 100 mph. I just don't understand how that shit can happen to me, but I struggle to remember my dreams.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I remembered some more dreams. I was cleaning out my fridge (whoa... the excitement.....), and I had like 3 cartons of eggs in there (eggs are refrigerated in the US). 2 of them were partially empty, and I'm checking out the expiration dates on the sides of the cartons, and they're all October something-or-other. I must have had some concept of present time because I knew that was like 3 months ago, and I was thinking "god Bertha (that's not my real name, but just let it happen), you can't even cook the fucking eggs you buy before they expire or get rid of them before they've been in here for 3 months."

Long really boring story short, even in my dreams, I criticize myself and realize that I am grossly unproductive, wasting time and resources, and am basically a big failure.

I tell the most uplifting stories. And you're welcome.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not an NF, but I have 2-3 dreams a night and I tend to remember them all without writing anything down. My dreams tends to be pretty intense for the most part and have been since I was 12. I purposely refrain from horror movies as I don't need more unnecessary fuel for insanity that takes place in my dream life.

I've stood at the top of a mountain and watched nations fall all over the Earth and then witness the stars and planets begin to "fall" past Earth as if whatever was keeping everything in place suddenly turned off. Let me tell you, it's fucking terrifying watching and feeling the momentum of a huge planet come smashing past your own planet.

I've dreamed that I had two small children and some sort of darkness was plaguing them and leading them to their deaths. I watched one of my dream daughters get pulled into the sky right out of my reach and torn to shreds by some force I could never see. Her remains rained down on me as I had been trying to jump and grab her right before she was destroyed.

One last dream. I had been captured and taken do a dirty holding room full of African men (not African American). It looked like nobody ever fed these men and they certainly hadn't bathed in weeks. There was a frightening desperation in their eyes that made it hard for me to trust anyone. Suddenly I was grabbed and forced into a bathroom that was equally disgusting. There were two tubs and a tv just playing clips of the horrors happening around the world. I looked into the tub where I found a dead woman's body. It looked like she had been gutted from the uterus and the blood was everywhere. The door to my left opened up and a pregnant woman was thrown into the bathroom with me. I suddenly started realizing that they were gutting pregnant women and leaving them to die here. I didn't know this woman but I grabbed her hand and pleaded for her to follow me out a back door that I had just found was unlocked. She was too frightened and wouldn't come with me. I cried and begged her- even told her what I knew would happen, but she could not get past her fear. I busted the door down and began to run as I heard the guards come in and begin killing this woman that had been with me. I hit one of the men in the face but he slammed me into the wall as i was forced to watch them brutally mutilate this woman's body. Some how I wiggled free and ran out the back door and came out onto the streets of NYC. Then I woke up.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Not an NF, but I have 2-3 dreams a night and I tend to remember them all without writing anything down. My dreams tends to be pretty intense for the most part and have been since I was 12. I purposely refrain from horror movies as I don't need more unnecessary fuel for insanity that takes place in my dream life.

I've stood at the top of a mountain and watched nations fall all over the Earth and then witness the stars and planets begin to "fall" past Earth as if whatever was keeping everything in place suddenly turned off. Let me tell you, it's fucking terrifying watching and feeling the momentum of a huge planet come smashing past your own planet.

I've dreamed that I had two small children and some sort of darkness was plaguing them and leading them to their deaths. I watched one of my dream daughters get pulled into the sky right out of my reach and torn to shreds by some force I could never see. Her remains rained down on me as I had been trying to jump and grab her right before she was destroyed.

One last dream. I had been captured and taken do a dirty holding room full of African men (not African American). It looked like nobody ever fed these men and they certainly hadn't bathed in weeks. There was a frightening desperation in their eyes that made it hard for me to trust anyone. Suddenly I was grabbed and forced into a bathroom that was equally disgusting. There were two tubs and a tv just playing clips of the horrors happening around the world. I looked into the tub where I found a dead woman's body. It looked like she had been gutted from the uterus and the blood was everywhere. The door to my left opened up and a pregnant woman was thrown into the bathroom with me. I suddenly started realizing that they were gutting pregnant women and leaving them to die here. I didn't know this woman but I grabbed her hand and pleaded for her to follow me out a back door that I had just found was unlocked. She was too frightened and wouldn't come with me. I cried and begged her- even told her what I knew would happen, but she could not get past her fear. I busted the door down and began to run as I heard the guards come in and begin killing this woman that had been with me. I hit one of the men in the face but he slammed me into the wall as i was forced to watch them brutally mutilate this woman's body. Some how I wiggled free and ran out the back door and came out onto the streets of NYC. Then I woke up.

Holy. Fuck.

I have never once had a nightmare near that level of terror. Not even close.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sometimes remember my dreams, usually when I just wake up. Usually just images and fragments, and general impressions.

I can usually lucid dream and it is to the point where none of my dreams seem "spontaneous" anymore, which is a bit annoying, since I feel I can't access my deeper uncoscious but retain control even in my dream state. It seems alot of the time I am aware that it is a dream, especially in the later phases of sleep when I remember.

I know my dreams are trying to tell me something, but I don't know what.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I sometimes remember my dreams, usually when I just wake up. Usually just images and fragments, and general impressions.

I can usually lucid dream and it is to the point where none of my dreams seem "spontaneous" anymore, which is a bit annoying, since I feel I can't access my deeper uncoscious but retain control even in my dream state. It seems alot of the time I am aware that it is a dream, especially in the later phases of sleep when I remember.

I know my dreams are trying to tell me something, but I don't know what.

That sounds frustrating. I think I would hate that even more than not remembering. Dreaming should be an escape.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sounds frustrating. I think I would hate that even more than not remembering. Dreaming should be an escape.

Yeah. I don't know how to change this either, I may be a bit of a control freak dring my waking life so I take that with me into the dream state. Already wanting to change it is seems like a controlling attitude, but it doesn't change.

I want to have the dreams I had as a kid, there were more colours, and they were more "out there" if you know what I mean.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yeah. I don't know how to change this either, I may be a bit of a control freak dring my waking life so I take that with me into the dream state. Already wanting to change it is seems like a controlling attitude, but it doesn't change.

I want to have the dreams I had as a kid, there were more colours, and they were more "out there" if you know what I mean.

"Out there" would be nice. I dream about old eggs. :shrug:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Holy. Fuck.

I have never once had a nightmare near that level of terror. Not even close.

You know, some of my dreams are pretty terrorizing, but I'm always given a clear mind to respond and figure out what's going on around me and how I can escape. It's weird, but if someone is attacking me I can never really physically harm them with my own body. I tend to move in slow motion when I'm trying to punch or kick. I'm always forced to outsmart the attacker without going to straight to physical force :)dry:). HOWEVER, if someone else is being harmed then I can beat the ever loving shit out of anyone. :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, all of your dreams are intense, and a part of me worries it is remote viewing or something. There is something profound about those dreams.

I used to have a recurring dream that the moon was going to crash into the earth, we all knew it, but were helpless to do anything but wait to die. It always began the same way - I'd be on a walk and someone would causally say, "You know, the moon looks bigger tonight", and then there was this heavy moment or realization.

I've recently had some vivid alien based dreams. One was on a spaceship, and the other in a warehouse room - both were structured in a way that was very unfamiliar to me. There was an impending alien invasion and in both cases the aliens looked different from any living being I had ever seen. In the warehouse looking scenario we could hear them in the walls like giant bugs, and even though we had the entrances boarded off, we all knew they were determined and that it was only a matter of time before they broke through. There was no escape. I only caught a glimpse of what they looked like, and they were dark like spiders and moved quickly and in jerky asymmetrical ways different from other animals I've seen. There was a feeling that I glimpse something happening far away in the universe.

I have a sense that I also have a lot of dreams I don't remember. Sometimes I wake up with hypersensitivity in every nerve in my body. It's disturbing and unsettling, but it usually feels like I just had a dream I cannot remember.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Rarely remember my dreams, a side effect of smoking some weed in the evening. Last one I was grabbing my current boss by the throat -mind you I'm a pacifist. Kind of confirmed to me why I'm in the middle of changing jobs.

Not an NF, but I can sometimes remember my dreams when I wake up. I have even written about a few that were meaningful to me so that I wouldn't forget them in the future. My dreams are never anything that scare me really, like the cliché ones where people dream of themselves falling down from a scyscraper and nothing totally out there like a David Lynch film (I would cry for dear life if I saw that Eraserhead baby in my dream). I guess they can be either mundane and nothing special or set in an interesting place with fun activities and random people I know. They're usually always in color too, or at least seem to be in color. I have had a few nightmares before, but only a few. One of the worst that I can recall was my sister getting kidnapped by a creepy fat guy in a van and I could do nothing to stop it. That's about as bad as it gets; no slasher horror films in my dreams. I must be one of the lucky ones that can sleep soundly at night.

I have also had a few that came true later on in the near future. For instance, I once dreamt I chipped the front of one of my teeth and six months later it actually happened. There are other times I had forgotten about the dream completely, but I'll see something even years later that reminds me of a dream I had in the past subconsciously and I'll end up recalling it.

I've only had one lucid dream before and it was awesome! I was able to control everything in it and remember whenever something shitty was going to happen, I kept thinking, "Wait, why should I let this happen? I can control whatever the hell I want. I'm going to let fucking gold fall from the sky. This dream is going to be fucking amazing." Never had one again since. My sister told me she lucid dreams nearly every day naturally. She must be a witch and doesn't even know it, or she's hiding it from me. :tongue: My dad does as well, so he's probably a wizard. Maybe it's an inheritable trait and I just so happened to have lucked out? Thanks mom.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm back to remembering my dreams. The past several nights have been multiple dreams. On top of that though, I'm also back to "waking up and writing down my dreams before going back to sleep" dreaming and forgetting everything up to that point. =__=

There was one that bordered on lucid, as in "I wonder if I could have fit up onto that small ish rafter and climbed up the chimney if I had known I was dreaming." Other than that, nothing lucid.

Mostly mundane dreams so far. Epics are tough. Also mixed in are an oddly high number of sex ish dreams. I won't go into detail (not that there's much detail to go into) but I must really be feeling emotionally/sexually repressed on an unconscious level, considering the frequency.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I wish I could stite as well as I dream. I have dreams about tme pradoxes ( that would have had to be set-up neford the dream started. I wonder how the brain foes that$ but they always involve 4 things:
-epic battles
-the color white
-the nimber 9
-lotus flowers
I also die in a lot than.It's mostly an invomvenience as it just sets me back a few minutes. It's very irritating.
Except that time when there was a " murder mystery" I killed myself every day, rez'd by evening kill one person, die, put my body back where it was; rinse, wash, repeat.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Last night I had three different dreams.

I dreamed I was a robit. Kind of a Westworld scenario with me dying and coming back to life, gaining more consciousness and free will every time.Much less depravity, though. I was in a very modern, stylish, gigantic laboratory complex. Lots of informational plaques about biology on the wall. It looked interesting, but I had other things on my mind. There was something about me being recruited for this new job during my old job(I don’t know, this part doesn’t make sense to me, either.) In the last iterations I had escaped, and finally I was on a sort of path out in nature on a mountainside, with some community, like a town or village, in the valley below. It was desolate and lonely but also very beautiful. I think I was trying to make it to a major highway, but I died before I could make it.

I was a participant in a documentary with two other males, but I never saw the camera. Everything seemed like it was the 1950s, but as it actually existed as opposed to how people remembered it. It was something about the kind of jobs people had, the clothing styles, the attitudes, the architecture, and the age people were married at, the fact that a lot of people seemed to be in the military (though I really only saw two other people), that made me think it was the 50s. Lots of junkyards and things. We were sort of walking between/through towns in the Pacific Northwest, by railroad bridges, and on trails through more wild areas, and so forth. Except I eventually realized it couldn’t be the 1950s, and it had to be at least the 80s, because the wreckage in the junkyard was clearly from the 1970s. One of the other males (the age was hard to pin down….we all seemed like adults, yet children/teenagers), said his name, and I recognized his name as the name of an actor from a series I watched. Only he was much younger. I had the sensation that I had traveled to the past, and yet I couldn’t reveal this, so I declined to provide specifics as to my exclamation of surprise. The two males went away and I somehow ended up leading a band of youth (like, kids, teenagers, and twenty-somethings [again age was hard to pin down] of all races) in a post-apocaplyptic, poisoned landscape, with burned out bridges and junkyards everywhere. We had to deal with unscrupulous adults who we didn't trust. Then I caught a glimpse of something better, in the form of a monorail that went underwater.

Finally I dreamed my cousin was getting married again. I remembered that when my cousin got married the first time, it was a real kind of growing up moment, with the realization that I wouldn't be young forever. For some reason all of my extended family was staying in a single hotel room, with everyone on the floor. My grandparents were still alive, like in many dreams involving my extended family. I didn't stay up that late carousing and kept things to a minimum, but the next morning I had trouble getting to brunch. I was kind of sleepwalking and stuck in a dream, while simultaneously consuming food and drink. I asked a waitress for a double espresso to wake me up from my dream (within a dream), but she said she couldn't give it to me for some reason. I got mad and argumentative and apologized, explaining that I was only half awake. She said it was ok and she was under a lot of pressure. I said that one day, both of us would laugh about this, even though none of us would know the other.