• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Unreliable People

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I have a chronic late friend, I think the reason they are always late, is half because they don't want to ever wait on someone, so whether they are aware of it or not, they will tell people to meet them before they really plan on arriving. And for others, while they think they might be late or will take a while, they want to please (at least when they are around you) so they will say "oh yeah, I'll be there in only 30 minutes man" and will hold the "30 minute" schedule as an ideal of which they won't attach much importance to the second they get off the phone with you.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I have a chronic late friend, I think the reason they are always late, is half because they don't want to ever wait on someone, so whether they are aware of it or not, they will tell people to meet them before they really plan on arriving. And for others, while they think they might be late or will take a while, they want to please (at least when they are around you) so they will say "oh yeah, I'll be there in only 30 minutes man" and will hold the "30 minute" schedule as an ideal of which they won't attach much importance to the second they get off the phone with you.
I used to be more chronically late than almost anyone (I've matured a bit), and while I partially agree, I think it's more basic procrastination. "Why brush my teeth now if I might still make it on time if I brush them in ten minutes. I can sit here and stare at the wall."

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I used to be more chronically late than almost anyone (I've matured a bit), and while I partially agree, I think it's more basic procrastination. "Why brush my teeth now if I might still make it on time if I brush them in ten minutes. I can sit here and stare at the wall."

Yeah I agree it's very easy to rationalize "okay, ten more minutes, then..." but at some point you have to realize that you are always late and pissing people off, and then you have to rationalize lateness despite this.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah I agree it's very easy to rationalize "okay, ten more minutes, then..." but at some point you have to realize that you are always late and pissing people off, and then you have to rationalize lateness despite this.
Uh-huh. And sometimes it takes ten years. :whistling: