User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 54

  1. #1
    Senior Member julesiscools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    261

    Default Question for NFPs. (Other NFs are welcome to give their input!)

    In my research with MBTI, I've always identified with NFPs more than any other type. And I've never gotten any other type besides INFP or ENFP on any test (which I know should be taken with a grain of salt). My biggest issue with this, is I often wonder if I use Fe and not Fi, because I have tendency to give more to people than they give to me. (Keep in mind, this is only people close to me. I do not particularly invest my time in people that I don't know well.)

    Basically, I'm asking if others of this type have this issue? Because it's been brought to my attention recently that this is a more common trait of Fe-users. Or, is the fact that I'm probably a Type 2 in Enneagram the more likely explanation of this?

    I'd love anyone's input, since I'm pretty much second guessing everything about my type right now.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  2. #2
    Saturn's Amethyst
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    749 so/sp
    Posts
    6,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by julesiscools View Post
    In my research with MBTI, I've always identified with NFPs more than any other type. And I've never gotten any other type besides INFP or ENFP on any test (which I know should be taken with a grain of salt). My biggest issue with this, is I often wonder if I use Fe and not Fi, because I have tendency to give more to people than they give to me. (Keep in mind, this is only people close to me. I do not particularly invest my time in people that I don't know well.)

    Basically, I'm asking if others of this type have this issue? Because it's been brought to my attention recently that this is a more common trait of Fe-users. Or, is the fact that I'm probably a Type 2 in Enneagram the more likely explanation of this?

    I'd love anyone's input, since I'm pretty much second guessing everything about my type right now.
    Not a xNFP or a NF at all but I am a quasi NF type due to having a high amount of Ne-Fe. I am also someone with a heavy 2 influence so I feel that I can speak. I would say that type 2 Fe and Fi are different. Comparing myself and a Type 2 ENFP I know quite well I can see the differences. While he is influenced by his own inner Fi morals I am in contrast driven to help others for approval and a sense of being part of the community (Fe).

  3. #3
    Senior Member julesiscools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Thanks for the input! I'm definitely driven and more influenced by my inner morals than seeking approval or being a part of a community. I honestly don't care much about approval or desire to be a part of community at all. But I feel as though I have to take care of the people I love, because that's just what you do.
    Likes Lord Lavender, Virgo1987 liked this post

  4. #4
    Scary old man
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by julesiscools View Post
    In my research with MBTI, I've always identified with NFPs more than any other type. And I've never gotten any other type besides INFP or ENFP on any test (which I know should be taken with a grain of salt). My biggest issue with this, is I often wonder if I use Fe and not Fi, because I have tendency to give more to people than they give to me. (Keep in mind, this is only people close to me. I do not particularly invest my time in people that I don't know well.)

    Basically, I'm asking if others of this type have this issue? Because it's been brought to my attention recently that this is a more common trait of Fe-users. Or, is the fact that I'm probably a Type 2 in Enneagram the more likely explanation of this?

    I'd love anyone's input, since I'm pretty much second guessing everything about my type right now.
    Could be lack of personal boundaries (a hallmark of Perceivers) along with an Fi value that says you should help out those around you. That combination turns lots of INFPs into doormats for the people immediately around them.

    Also, FWIW, Fi-Doms are often good at Fe (which may be another way of saying what I just said above), and Fe-Doms are often pretty good at understanding Fi. The introverted and extroverted variants of each function are close enough in essence that we often become reasonably good at both over time.
    Likes julesiscools, PeaceBaby liked this post

  5. #5
    Saturn's Amethyst
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    749 so/sp
    Posts
    6,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by julesiscools View Post
    Thanks for the input! I'm definitely driven and more influenced by my inner morals than seeking approval or being a part of a community. I honestly don't care much about approval or desire to be a part of community at all. But I feel as though I have to take care of the people I love, because that's just what you do.
    That quote is very alien to me (Pardon the pun with my avatar). You seem to be a Fi not Fe user.

  6. #6
    Senior Member erg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    None
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Is that you in the picture? I'm asking because MBTI has a brother theory called Socionics, that has a thing called "visual identification".

    If you are driven by inner ethics it is more likely that you are Fi than Fe.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member julesiscools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erg View Post
    Is that you in the picture? I'm asking because MBTI has a brother theory called Socionics, that has a thing called "visual identification".

    If you are driven by inner ethics it is more likely that you are Fi than Fe.
    It isn't. It's Dianna Agron (an actress that I identify with a lot). I don't know much about Socionics, but I'm definitely interested in looking into it.

  8. #8
    Saturn's Amethyst
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    749 so/sp
    Posts
    6,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erg View Post
    Is that you in the picture? I'm asking because MBTI has a brother theory called Socionics, that has a thing called "visual identification".

    If you are driven by inner ethics it is more likely that you are Fi than Fe.
    Can you really tell someones type by their face?. What are the main signs.

  9. #9
    Senior Member erg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    None
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    Can you really tell someones type by their face?. What are the main signs.
    Err, it's hard to explain. It's a holistic thing that takes into account the overall vibe a person transmits, their mannerisms and facial expressions. Sometimes there are patterns in facial structure as well. I'm no expert (I've seen people in another forum use it with great accuracy), but I get around. I made an example here .
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

  10. #10
    Saturn's Amethyst
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    749 so/sp
    Posts
    6,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erg View Post
    Err, it's hard to explain. It's a holistic thing that takes into account the overall vibe a person transmits, their mannerisms and facial expressions. Sometimes there are patterns in facial structure as well. I'm no expert (I've seen people in another forum use it with great accuracy), but I get around. I made an example here .
    So you mean like those people with the weird smiles be Fi and those with big smiles be Fe. Se people look aggressive and Ne look spacey as Ne is like a netherland where Micheal Jackson hangs out and smokes weed in the Netherlands where weed is common hence the spaced out look. Whats the VI of my alien in the profile pic (Geniully curious).

    By the way it is a truly interesting theory.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Interesting question for NFPs
    By autumn in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-09-2016, 02:01 PM
  2. [NF] Do other NF's seem to constantly toe the line between extroversion and introversion?
    By ilixir in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-20-2015, 06:15 PM
  3. Question for the Dallas folks who go to sporting events.
    By kendoiwan in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO