• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Question for NFPs. (Other NFs are welcome to give their input!)

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
In my research with MBTI, I've always identified with NFPs more than any other type. And I've never gotten any other type besides INFP or ENFP on any test (which I know should be taken with a grain of salt). My biggest issue with this, is I often wonder if I use Fe and not Fi, because I have tendency to give more to people than they give to me. (Keep in mind, this is only people close to me. I do not particularly invest my time in people that I don't know well.)

Basically, I'm asking if others of this type have this issue? Because it's been brought to my attention recently that this is a more common trait of Fe-users. Or, is the fact that I'm probably a Type 2 in Enneagram the more likely explanation of this?

I'd love anyone's input, since I'm pretty much second guessing everything about my type right now.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In my research with MBTI, I've always identified with NFPs more than any other type. And I've never gotten any other type besides INFP or ENFP on any test (which I know should be taken with a grain of salt). My biggest issue with this, is I often wonder if I use Fe and not Fi, because I have tendency to give more to people than they give to me. (Keep in mind, this is only people close to me. I do not particularly invest my time in people that I don't know well.)

Basically, I'm asking if others of this type have this issue? Because it's been brought to my attention recently that this is a more common trait of Fe-users. Or, is the fact that I'm probably a Type 2 in Enneagram the more likely explanation of this?

I'd love anyone's input, since I'm pretty much second guessing everything about my type right now.

Not a xNFP or a NF at all but I am a quasi NF type due to having a high amount of Ne-Fe. I am also someone with a heavy 2 influence so I feel that I can speak. I would say that type 2 Fe and Fi are different. Comparing myself and a Type 2 ENFP I know quite well I can see the differences. While he is influenced by his own inner Fi morals I am in contrast driven to help others for approval and a sense of being part of the community (Fe).

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Thanks for the input! I'm definitely driven and more influenced by my inner morals than seeking approval or being a part of a community. I honestly don't care much about approval or desire to be a part of community at all. But I feel as though I have to take care of the people I love, because that's just what you do.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP

Could be lack of personal boundaries (a hallmark of Perceivers) along with an Fi value that says you should help out those around you. That combination turns lots of INFPs into doormats for the people immediately around them.

Also, FWIW, Fi-Doms are often good at Fe (which may be another way of saying what I just said above), and Fe-Doms are often pretty good at understanding Fi. The introverted and extroverted variants of each function are close enough in essence that we often become reasonably good at both over time.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks for the input! I'm definitely driven and more influenced by my inner morals than seeking approval or being a part of a community. I honestly don't care much about approval or desire to be a part of community at all. But I feel as though I have to take care of the people I love, because that's just what you do.

That quote is very alien to me (Pardon the pun with my avatar). You seem to be a Fi not Fe user.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that you in the picture? I'm asking because MBTI has a brother theory called Socionics, that has a thing called "visual identification".

If you are driven by inner ethics it is more likely that you are Fi than Fe.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Is that you in the picture? I'm asking because MBTI has a brother theory called Socionics, that has a thing called "visual identification".

It isn't. It's Dianna Agron (an actress that I identify with a lot). I don't know much about Socionics, but I'm definitely interested in looking into it.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Can you really tell someones type by their face?. What are the main signs.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you really tell someones type by their face?. What are the main signs.

Err, it's hard to explain. It's a holistic thing that takes into account the overall vibe a person transmits, their mannerisms and facial expressions. Sometimes there are patterns in facial structure as well. I'm no expert (I've seen people in another forum use it with great accuracy), but I get around. I made an example here .

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Err, it's hard to explain. It's a holistic thing that takes into account the overall vibe a person transmits, their mannerisms and facial expressions. Sometimes there are patterns in facial structure as well. I'm no expert (I've seen people in another forum use it with great accuracy), but I get around. I made an example here .

So you mean like those people with the weird smiles be Fi and those with big smiles be Fe. Se people look aggressive and Ne look spacey as Ne is like a netherland where Micheal Jackson hangs out and smokes weed in the Netherlands where weed is common hence the spaced out look. Whats the VI of my alien in the profile pic (Geniully curious).

By the way it is a truly interesting theory.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you mean like those people with the weird smiles be Fi and those with big smiles be Fe. Se people look aggressive and Ne look spacey as Ne is like a netherland where Micheal Jackson hangs out and smokes weed in the Netherlands where weed is common hence the spaced out look. Whats the VI of my alien in the profile pic (Geniully curious).

By the way it is a truly interesting theory.

Lol. Aliens are probably alpha NT.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Out of curiosity, did you have an idea on what you thought my Socionics type was? Because I just took the test from the Home Page, and what I got was scary accurate.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't give much but when I do I get really annoyed when people don't notice it... I am aware of how selfish I am. People tend to give way more than me and then become visibly annoyed (which I find petty) when it's obvious that i'm not really giving anything back. Even my ExTJ father is more giving than I am and he's an inferior feeling type. I actually trigger his infantile Fi at times because of it lol.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I don't give much but when I do I get really annoyed when people don't notice it... I am aware of how selfish I am. People tend to give way more than me and then become visibly annoyed (which I find petty) when it's obvious that i'm not really giving anything back. Even my ExTJ father is more giving than I am and he's an inferior feeling type. I actually trigger his infantile Fi at times because of it lol.

I have a tendency to hold resentment for those that don't give me as much as I give them. These are generally people very close to me, that I feel I've sacrificed for and have taken advantage of me.

My father has a fairly weak Fe, but I get my self-sacrificing tendencies from him, I think. Or at least, it's a trait that we share.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The difference could boil down to Enneagram, maybe.

I'm not the average INFP so I would take what i've said with a grain of salt. I have heard of ENFPs saying they are really giving though... I found that odd based on their functions but they might see Ne as a form of caring.