• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Is it normal for ENFJs to be addicted to being loved?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a self-hating girl who enjoys breaking people's hearts because I have no self-esteem. Seducing people and making them fall in love with me is what gives me life. I lead people on as much as I can in the hopes that they fall so much in love with me that they can never fall out. I was very lonely and isolated as a child and teenager, so now I want to own peoples' hearts and souls, forever. Sowing obsession in as many as possible is what I live for. I'm so desperate for love that I'm willing to destroy people to acquire it. I rarely feel remorse, just peace. If someone can be destroyed because of me, that means I'm worth something... that I'm worth loving. I'm thankful to all the people who love me. They make me so happy I could cry. My childhood is over. My teenage years are over. I can be loved now.
I remember years ago someone posted an empty list "Which type is most likely to...", and for ENFJs I said "most likely to give you an STD". I was joking at the time, but boy do I get a kick out of my jokes turning out to be true.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I too can get a kick out of people using my username in their posts. Had I just made the capital F into a lowercase man... No escaping me. However I just like it with the capital...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think that need for validation is standard, but it really depends on to what degree.

Some resist it more easily than others and then again some need constant attention of this nature or else they seem to self-destruct (often taking others with them). And the inbetween of any extremes.
I think it's beneficial for anyone who is at the requirement extreme of this validation to take a good hard look at what damage this might/has/will be causing in their lives or others.

As usual: it's not easy. But generally worth it.

This is bog-standard ego trap stuff.