User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9 sx/so

I'm not saying all of the respondents are NFPs, but I wonder if the tendency to hit repeat multiple times for the same song is in any way related to having weak but valued Si. Or not type related?
    Likes Chaotic Symphony liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

NFP literally can play same song over and over again everyday if they like it. Obsession for not just song but band. They can listen 5 bands and repeat it over and over again till your ears bleed.
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "I WIL NOT F%CK YOUR MIND. YOUR MIND IS ALREADY F%CKED. I WILL JUST PULL THE TRIGGER."
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    Are NFs more likely to listen to the same music/song again and again and again? Most NFs I know (including me) have a favourite playlist they don't mind listening to over and over again. Hence they make pretty bad DJs at parties.

And does anyone else experience this feeling that some music is sooo haunting...that it takes you to someplace far away in your head or reminds you of some memory or dream or just makes you feel really really happy or sad?
    allllllllllllll of this.

i will literally kill a song, infact if we had records mine would be scratched up. My Cds are still some of my favorite things. i am grateful my car still has this option.

I am so connected to music that i feel it all the way through, i have cried from the beauty of a song. or put together another entire lifetime off of the feeling of a song.

I do hope Plato is right and we become an infinite melody in a beautiful song when we die.
    blow a kiss to the universe and it is certain to wink at you in return.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    NFP literally can play same song over and over again everyday if they like it. Obsession for not just song but band. They can listen 5 bands and repeat it over and over again till your ears bleed.
    i am so into the ear bleeding. and like really really Loud sometimes like it cant get loud enough.. and then other times its just one part of the song and i just to play that verse over and over and over.
    blow a kiss to the universe and it is certain to wink at you in return.
    Likes Norexan liked this post

MBTI
    Fool

One of the things i most admire about infp's is their love for sadness xDD.
    I don't know ... melancholic temperaments always had this way to think about the world in a unique way.

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I'm not saying all of the respondents are NFPs, but I wonder if the tendency to hit repeat multiple times for the same song is in any way related to having weak but valued Si. Or not type related?
    That does seem to be quite likely, my Si is pretty developed but nowhere near as good as Si doms, it seems. (I say after the type me post where I figure out I'm INFP, not ISTJ) It seems like there's some truth to the words where Si doms are actually more open to change, my Si seems to be stuck on doing the same things, not like Si for whom there is a function towards doing things the same way.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Maybe. I once played the same exact song for 5 days straight. I even took it in my car.
    Likes asynartetic, Abcdenfp liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

I used to listen to Symphony X's The Odyssey-a 25 minutes epic- every morning for a period of month before going to school in order to learn it, appreciate it, and understand it more.

I think this is an N thing rather than it is NT or NF. One might listen in loops to appreciate the depth and meaning, while someone else would do that to explore their feelings if they can connect them to the song.

And does anyone else experience this feeling that some music is sooo haunting...that it takes you to someplace far away in your head or reminds you of some memory or dream or just makes you feel really really happy or sad?
    A song, a smell, a touch somewhere in the body, a place, a word,... Etc, might play the role of a trigger/anchor to a certain memory or a certain feeling. The same anchor might lose its association once being summoned/explored frequently.

e.g: You visit some place, it might remind you of your ex. Visit that place frequently enough, and it will have a different association and meaning.

It's a human thing.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

I have more than 800 songs but I often find myself listening to the same ones. I like music that touches me on an emotional level.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

Due to inferior Si, I can definitely see the ENPs in general having the tendency to relisten to the same songs. They won't do this all of the time though, and it's better that they don't. It's more like a resisting sort of thing because it's framiliar and comfortable. Often inferior Si appears as revisiting a favorite place or movie or book or episode.