• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Are INFJS ever aware that perfection doesn't exist and some other things.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you don't mind me asking, what is this ENFJ dilemma you're referring to? I'm just here to learn. :)

We strongly feel everyone else's emotions strongly. It is not voluntary. Many if not most go through a period of isolation because it is near impossible to deal with it. Some go through a long period of supressing emotions, denying them entirely, claiming to be only logical unemotional people.

Empyrean

We strongly feel everyone else's emotions strongly. It is not voluntary. Many if not most go through a period of isolation because it is near impossible to deal with it. Some go through a long period of supressing emotions, denying them entirely, claiming to be only logical unemotional people.

Interesting. I can relate on a level, being an INFJ. But not that bad. If overwhelmed, I just retreat into my own head, where it feels supremely natural. Not the case for you, though?

How do you think the flipped Fe-Ni axis plays out against the Ni-Fe axis?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. I can relate on a level, being an INFJ. But not that bad. If overwhelmed, I just retreat into my own head, where it feels supremely natural. Not the case for you, though?

How do you think the flipped Fe-Ni axis plays out against the Ni-Fe axis?

I believe it gives INFJs a little more distance, as you note. But I suspect they are generally highly influenced whether they admit it to themselves or not.

If I retreat, it isn't nice place in inferior Ti land. It is hyper self critical and dark and nasty.

The ENFJ vs INFJ is a matter of degree. I can list a bunch of differences between my INFJ sis and me, but we think very much alike, but I am so much quicker and she is much deeper. I get recharged by social interaction while she retreats from the world. And so forth....

Empyrean

I believe it gives INFJs a little more distance, as you note. But I suspect they are generally highly influenced whether they admit it to themselves or not.

If I retreat, it isn't nice place in inferior Ti land. It is hyper self critical and dark and nasty.

The ENFJ vs INFJ is a matter of degree. I can list a bunch of differences between my INFJ sis and me, but we think very much alike, but I am so much quicker and she is much deeper. I get recharged by social interaction while she retreats from the world. And so forth....

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, the way you write and the things I'm picking up from reading your words, structure, and the perceived tone (whether real or imagined) does have a very ENFJ-vibe to it.

wu lan

MBTI Type
INFJ

I'm sorry to chime in but I think you don't have to worry about the INFJ in OP. Dom/Aux Ne/Se-user is quite precise in their perception of what is going on because their perception is 'what is out there', meanwhile Ni-user perception is more about 'from what is out there, there are this this this thing'. If the INFJ is unhealty there is no wonder anyone would be annoyed, the OP title is not rude if I regard it with INFJ unhealthy state. The original poster just want to know what happened with INFJ when they are not in a good shape

Dolce vita

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am INFJ and I think all things are perfect as our creator made them so. I have to stay out of my head too much or I can obsess over my ideas of perfection. In general though it's not people or things I want to change, but interactions and relationships so that suffering is reduced and the world can be a better place. So before you hate on INFJ perfectionism, it doesn't compare to narcissists who want perfection for personal benefit.

Also INFJs are capable of deep, multi-dimensional appreciation of beauty in all its perfection that other types can't see/feel/intuit to the same level of complexity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dolce vita

MBTI Type
INFJ
I forgot to add that most of this thread is ridiculous because you're hating on somebody but then claiming you want to help them. The only way to help people is with love. And if you have so much negative feelings about a person that for your sake, and theirs, just don't spend time with them.
We can't judge other people, whenever we judge we are only judging ourselves. If you truly want to understand someone you have to spend the time talking and listening. INFJ ARE DIFFICULT FOR MOST OTHER TYPES TO UNDERSTAND, WERE NOT CRACKER JACK TOYS. But hey, why bother really? Just criticize us for not being your perfect friend, haha.

Virgo1987

MBTI Type
Infp
I forgot to add that most of this thread is ridiculous because you're hating on somebody but then claiming you want to help them. The only way to help people is with love. And if you have so much negative feelings about a person that for your sake, and theirs, just don't spend time with them.
We can't judge other people, whenever we judge we are only judging ourselves. If you truly want to understand someone you have to spend the time talking and listening. INFJ ARE DIFFICULT FOR MOST OTHER TYPES TO UNDERSTAND, WERE NOT CRACKER JACK TOYS. But hey, why bother really? Just criticize us for not being your perfect friend, haha.

...INFJs are incapable of judging other people? Tell me how that works, as a human being... living on planet earth.

Time was spent. Conflict manifested only due to her avoidance of the situation. Clearly spending the time and listen couldn't even be created.

So you're implying that other types are cracker jack toys? And still -- regardless, when you react to someone on an immature level when you're at an adult age, type be damned, that shit just ain't cool.

mystik_INFJ

Permabanned

Or you can actually criticize their choices. Forgiveness and love can get you only so far. If all you need is love you wouldn't need to have law enforcements and courts.

What's wrong with judging someone? Some people make bad decisions and may actually be stupid or idiots. I say that we need not shy away from judging those that are in the wrong.

Double think. Feminists wouldn't hesitate to judge someone who is accused of sexual harrasment (just the idea of being accused even without evidence). Fat women don't hesitate to judge those that look good by claiming that they enforce non realistic body image. The religion of peace has no problem in judging those that are not of the faith as being something to convert or dispose.

And these examples are promoted by the same kind of people that talk about acceptance. Just be honest and stop virtue signaling. Judging is OK, it allows you to be yourself, unlike PC culture that always tries to police your thoughts and words. Look at it on a simpler way. If someone has the right to have stupid beliefs, the someone else is allowed to judge them. And don't lie to yourself. Things may not be black and white, but just because that is the truth, doesn't mean that there are no bad ideologies, trends, people. If you think that, then analyze this: nazism, mafia, communism in North Korea, child abuse, tax evasion, slavery.

Yeah, I thought so.

ktk1995

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hmm, this is just my opinion. But if an INFJ has acted this way towards you, they are probably not in a healthy state. Everyone has their unhealthy states, but overall, a healthy INFJ has a sense of humor. It may be a little different than conventional senses of humor, but it is definitely there. INFJs, myself included, can certainly fall into perfectionist tendencies. When in a cycle of always wanting to be better, you can get into a rut. An unhealthy person can be very exhausting. It is unquestionable whether or not a healthy INFJ cares about other people's feelings more than their own, from my perspective. INFJs are other people oriented and tend to even forget about their own feelings. They are great with managing the emotional needs of others, often neglecting their own needs.