• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do INFPs think of ENFPs ?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm bumping this thread because I am curious as heck.

I seem to have this habit of getting involved in sticky emotional affairs with INFPs and I want to get to the bottom of it!!!

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean?
I like you guys, and I, not so secretly want to be ENFP.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Me three. :rofl1:

You guys are (in my eyes) what I would be if I wasn't carrying so much baggage around, I see alot of my good points magnified in you and it has the effect of capturing my interest pretty quickly.

My brother who lives with me is an ENFP, and I adore having him around me.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm bumping this thread because I am curious as heck.

I seem to have this habit of getting involved in sticky emotional affairs with INFPs and I want to get to the bottom of it!!!

It has less to do with you than with them. Fi by its nature gravitates towards intense emotion which already places one in a potentially sticky position. It is also the function that tends to be divorced from reality the most. (Unlike Fe, out of tune with the real world and that of social sensibilities) For such reasons, a complicated mess is often resultant.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean?
I like you guys, and I, not so secretly want to be ENFP.

Me too. I wish I was an ENFP sometimes.

Me three. :rofl1:

You guys are (in my eyes) what I would be if I wasn't carrying so much baggage around, I see alot of my good points magnified in you and it has the effect of capturing my interest pretty quickly.

My brother who lives with me is an ENFP, and I adore having him around me.

you guys are so funny! i thought i was an infp at first and i kinda wish i was too because i feel like i would be me without all the verbalizing of unnecessary things all the time.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...not that i talk all the time or anything but i don't filter like i probably should...too blunt and random...blah.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm another one who wishes I was a ENFP at times. Actually, I swear I become one when I get drunk (mildly drunk that is - when appallingly drunk I'm something else entirely). I start displaying a lot of ENFP characteristics - its very weird. Then I wake up the next day and feel embarrased because I'm absolutely certain I made an idiot of myself. Then I know I'm back to INFP :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm another one who wishes I was a ENFP at times. Actually, I swear I become one when I get drunk (mildly drunk that is - when appallingly drunk I'm something else entirely). I start displaying a lot of ENFP characteristics - its very weird. Then I wake up the next day and feel embarrased because I'm absolutely certain I made an idiot of myself. Then I know I'm back to INFP :D
very enfp like unfiltering there. ;)

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Exactly. We're just too ADD to be overly concerned with the fact that we make idiots of ourselves. All the time.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i was actually referring to how she accidentally called us idiots but didn't really mean to. :D

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
grouphug.gif

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't think you're idiots. :) What I meant was that as a INFP my natural state is to feel like an idiot most of the time. And its a rather unrealistic view of myself - I'm pretty sure no one else notices. When I go ENFP I don't care. I talk to people that normally scare me, I dance like a maniac, I ask deep and probing questions of the people around me with intense interest, I want to hug everyone I care about and I tell people what I really think of them (only the good stuff though - compliments etc). It's like living without all the paralysing inhibitions of being an INFP. And what a fantastic way to live it is.

And BTW foot-in-mouth syndrome is also such a INFP thing to do :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sc0877dq.gif
it's an enfp thing too that's what i was saying. i knew you were actually being complimentary though. thanks babe. :D

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
The ENFPs I've known online have been fantastic. As far as I know I've only known one ENFP in real life. He says he's an ENFP. I don't like him. That hardly works as a fair jugement of all ENFPs and I think he's weird anyway. I'm going to say that overall I like ENFPs. ^-^

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It has less to do with you than with them. Fi by its nature gravitates towards intense emotion which already places one in a potentially sticky position. It is also the function that tends to be divorced from reality the most. (Unlike Fe, out of tune with the real world and that of social sensibilities) For such reasons, a complicated mess is often resultant.

You must have known some pretty unhealthy INFP's, SW. Plus I think you secretly like us and are fascinated by us. :hug: