• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do INFPs think of ENFPs ?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I honestly admire ENFPs, they are very very fun to be around..I share a lot in common, and the Extroversion balances the two forces out at a mutual level. My dad is actually an ENFP and I get along very well with him, and share a lot of things in common.

What frustrates me sometimes, is that sometimes, well..at least my dad...can seem to have a mild case of ADD/ADHD sometimes..which may be coincidental, but it can sometimes keep things too relevant.

Icebluejanuary

MBTI Type
INFP
Nothing terrible I promise. But we've been married for 10 years and he's had 9 different jobs in that time. There is always something better or more exciting on the horizon.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Nothing terrible I promise. But we've been married for 10 years and he's had 9 different jobs in that time. There is always something better or more exciting on the horizon.

I'm curious, but could you list the jobs he's had? I just wanna compare and contrast with my own job history and aspirations. :D

Icebluejanuary

MBTI Type
INFP
Here is the list. Mind you this is only 10 years-he had tons of jobs before we got together.

1 and 2. Real Estate Assistant (he did this for two different companies)
3. Minister
4. Optical Sales Representative (outside sales)
5. Manufactured Home Sales
6. Real Estate
7. Sales Rep for Custom Clothing company
8. Optical Sales Representative (outside sales)
9. Opened his own retail optical franchise
10. Optical Sales Rep. (outside sales)
11. Senior care insurance sales
12. About to move to another Insurance sales job Oct. 1.

Ok, so he's had 12 jobs in 10 years!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ha, yeah, that sounds familiar.

But since he was mostly in the sales, and even more specifically optical sales track for most of them, I'm sure he'd say he has had a long career. :)

I think sales is something that is easy for an ENFP to fall into and it allows you switch jobs often but still stay on track career wise -- if you find the market and kind of sales you like.

I've also done all kinds of sales and outreach and studied to get my CA real estate license. Real estate -- yet another kind of sales!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I like ENFPs a lot. Gotta love all that Ne - it's trippy the links it makes sometimes. They're also really good at getting me out of my ruts, yet respect my space. I've yet to find anything to really dislike about them. One of my favourite types, for sure. I'm really not communicating effectively just how much I love them. My spontaneity has suffered greatly since I lost contact with my ENFP friends.

I guess if I had to pick something to dislike about them, it'd just be that sometimes "change for change's sake" can seem a bit pointless and wearying.

Icebluejanuary

MBTI Type
INFP
My husband definately says he has had a long career. And I notice on a lot of applications that he says he's been in the optical field for 15 years. Sales is definately his thing! When he was younger his dream was to be an actor. But sales seems to kind of go along with that...but he is usually passionate about what he is selling or else he moves on.

I just discovered that my best friend as a child is an ENFP. I convinced her to take a test. So apparently I seem to be drawn to that type. She cracks me up though because I call her nomadic-you never know where or what state she is living in from year to year. She jumps from job to job and is what I consider a serial student. She completed a masters recently and is now considering going back to school on a track that may take her an additional 5-7 years.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wish I met an ENFP, or any NF for that matter! Where do you find them???????

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Out of some of the people I hang out with in real life, Kyuuei, Hexis, and I all coincidentally are the same personality type.

Quite random but effectively awesome.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I like ENFPs but don't depend on them to do much followthrough. For years I never knew where my daughter was working/living next. She's a super catylyst for motivating other people and bursting with good spirit and ideas and enthusiasm. Her heart is genuine and good. Funny as heck. Charismatic.

I like to think of her as an improved version of myself.

But that's just mom-speak.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
I like ENFPs but don't depend on them to do much followthrough. For years I never knew where my daughter was working/living next. She's a super catylyst for motivating other people and bursting with good spirit and ideas and enthusiasm. Her heart is genuine and good. Funny as heck. Charismatic.

I like to think of her as an improved version of myself.

But that's just mom-speak.

Oh man, I wish my parents would look at me this way :hug:

Yeah, I have my flaws, but I have good stuff too :)

ArtlessFuture

MBTI Type
INFP
Luv em. I seem to surround myself with ENFPs... most of my close friends are NFs anyway but I have a few that are ENFPs. They make me more extroverted, and I usually feel a major connection with them.
The only problem is they can be flaky. I love being around them and enjoy them so much, but they are hard to pin down.

heart

heart on fire
You say all the stuff I filter from the world... :D

You say all the stuff I filter from the world... :doh:

Yes, agree ENFP wear and do on the outside all the stuff I tend to hide from prying eyes (unless I've had way too much caffiene) and it is disconcerting at times.

The only other thing is I find ENFP hard to get to truly know and close to, they give the same signals I would if I were truly interested in deeper friendship but they aren't so that's perplexing and confusing.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I wish I met an ENFP, or any NF for that matter! Where do you find them???????

try a drama class or something. i'm in uni and they tend to flock to the arts, including the social sciences. i'm sure you know an NF, you just don't know that they are an NF.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
My wife is an INFP.

She said the best thing about me is my strong values.

She said the worst thing about me is that I allow the opinions of others to affect me so much.

Fair enough. :blush:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been married to an ENFP for 10 years. I'll just say it's been an adventure. Whirlwind is the best way I can explain it. He gets very excited about things asks me to get involved and before I know it I've done research on a topic or invested myself in his project and boom he's off on another big idea or project. Since we've been married he has had 9 different jobs and he's been licensed or certified to do 3 complete different careers and he's even opened up his own business.

But, he's my soul mate. He encourages me to try new things and go to new places. He makes me laugh. I know he is loyal to me and he loves me. And I also know whatever life throws at us, he'll be able to talk our way out of it. :cheese:

so FUNNY! i really didn't know that was an enfp thing! i have had SO many business ideas...always coming up with a plan...so funny

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When they are overly extroverted I avoid them like the plague (but that's just me not liking overly E people), but when they actually listen to me it's pretty good. I see a lot of similarities and a lot of differences, none of which really matter or get in the way in a friendship. It's different enough to keep a friendship interesting and also feels like a concrete relationship due to the similarities (not having to wonder how to deal with them). However, a lot of ENFPs I know have way too many friends and I often feel unimportant. The unhealthy ones seem to have a bad habit of getting into a lot of terrible relationships and not seeing the obvious of how bad it is. Then after they break up with them after two days they come and whine to me about it. I'm not saying ALL ENFPs do this, but you get the idea.

When you guys are healthy, it's great.