• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What Is Beauty?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
beauty-quote-on-tumblr-jxMnpT-quote.jpg

What is beauty? What do you find beautiful in life? Why do you think it's beautiful? Can beauty be measured? Is it external, internal, or both?

Asking for NFs to ask this question, though I think other types would like to chime in here as well, either way it's no problem.
Don't mind me, I feel weird tonight.​

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
beauty-quote-on-tumblr-jxMnpT-quote.jpg

What is beauty? What do you find beautiful in life? Why do you think it's beautiful? Can beauty be measured? Is it external, internal, or both?

Asking for NFs to ask this question, though I think other types would like to chime in here as well, either way it's no problem.
Don't mind me, I feel weird tonight.​

Beauty is anything that stirs an emotion that I like inside of me, or make me feel satisfied only by sensing it..
Many things in life are beautiful, you just have to open your eyes and enjoy the little things you have, no matter how hard life gets on you..
Why do I think a rose is beautiful? The look of it, the colors, it's delicacy, the texture, the smell, and the fact that it has thorns gives it another interesting story, why do I like the palm trees? Because it reminds me of my homeland, my childhood, because looking at them is satisfying, why do I find a child hugging his mom is beautiful? Because I know he's feeling safe and loved.. There are endless things that I find beautiful and endless reasons for their beauty..
I think it is measured, the more you educate your senses, the more tasteful you get..

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION] you are literally the cutest. :heart:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need a specific context for the word or else I default to the most simple definition of it being aesthetically pleasing in some way, but I recognize that beauty in a more spiritual, non-physical form is, well, "deeper". For example, I tend to get annoyed when people try to discuss aesthetic beauty in other humans and other people insist on discussing spiritual qualities as if these are the only thing that matter. Yes, the inner qualities are more significant, but the external is still real and can be acknowledged too.

Generally though, whether physical or spiritual, anything that moves you to feel (I don't want to say positive, because something about things like sadness can be beautiful too) and seems to emanate value in its mere existence (not for utilitarian purposes). It inspires awe and gratitude, which is why I think negative things can have a beautiful aspect at times. They reveal something beautiful anyway.

Draconic

MBTI Type
Ayyy
I think beauty ranges from some sort of satisfaction from something on a superficial level, but it can also go to having some deeper connection with it or level of relatibility maybe. Like I look at the sky and find it so beautiful cause it unconsciously reminds me of tranquility and inner peace which is an inner desire I have. Or you can say someone highly logical finds the beauty is mathematics cause it's just what their mind was almost prepared for. It can also go like I find the beauty in destruction because the despite the fact I don't like it I am fascinated that it it's a major part of life and nature... Or something like that.

I dunno what I'm saying just throwing in my two cents

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Virgo1987

MBTI Type
Infp
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder -- beholder*.

I find the ability to help others beautiful.

I think it's beautiful because there's people out there that need help and don't know how to ask for it, especially children who aren't aware or children who have special needs. I sometimes think it's just what people are supposed to do while here amongst the living. To take care of the people around them.

I don't think beauty can be measured or that it can be, but it's individual for everyone.

I think Beauty is both.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is beautiful :yay:

The deepest beauty for me involves a feeling of enlightenment and peace. There is a sense of both wildness and cohesion, freedom and pattern. When I look into the sky and have a sense that I am beginning to comprehend, but also a sense that it is forever beyond my full comprehension. It is like peering into infinity and knowing something more than before.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm... these days, I find things like simplicity, honesty and trust to be beautiful. I mean, it's pleasant to look at something or someone that's beautiful on the outside - but more than that, I've started to find it much more pleasant to be in the company of someone with those sort of inner traits. If that isn't beauty in itself, I don't know what is...

Then again, don't mind me if I'm making no sense at all :blush: it's past 3am here and I haven't gotten any sleep yet.

mystik_INFJ

Permabanned
Spiritually wise, beauty is the sum of ideas, beliefs and values you find attractive in someone, the things that add happiness and inspiration to your life.

Physically wise, beauty is what gives you a boner. Some weird beauty standards produce weird boners. :D

Shocking, I know.

rollete

MBTI Type
INFP
A very fleeting quality if I'm honest with myself.

An illusion a great deal of the time.