• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do NF's tend to have low, medium, or high self-esteem?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hmm, well..I think we tend to have about medium. We don't have low self-esteems, because we don't let every little thing hurt us, and we aren't really full of ourselves because we do let our emotions control us at times, so I'd say medium..which I think fits.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love me I love me I love me Iluvmeiluvmeiluvmeiluvmeiluuuuuvmeeeeeeee

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
high

personally

though i know many who have EXTREMELY low self esteem

mostly because like i mentioned twice above personality doesn't have anything to do with it lol

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think type is irrelevant to self-esteem.
I'm a firm believer in your childhood molding alot of your beliefs, and how you perceive yourself counts as one of those beliefs.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I think type is irrelevant to self-esteem.
I'm a firm believer in your childhood molding alot of your beliefs, and how you perceive yourself counts as one of those beliefs.

Ditto.:yes:(Yes..I changed my mind because I take a distance from types now.I try not to quickly to jump to type conclusions in case anyone notices(ed) the previous post):ninja:

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I think I have moderate to low self-esteem, and that might come from being really sensitive to things. I'm easily affected emotionally and I don't think greatly of myself or people in general. However, I have moderate to high self-confidence, so I don't think my low self-esteem generally tends to show because a lot of people seem to equate low self-esteem with low self-confidence. However, I am pretty sure of myself and who I am and of what my skills and abilities are and I am happy with them, but I don't feel so much love for myself and who I am.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Depends, most of the time is average, sometimes is low and sometimes I feel great. Most people think I have a lot of selfstem though.

celiapleete

MBTI Type
INFP
For me it depends on the situation. With some things I'm very confident.With more personal things, I'm very self-conscious and have lower self-esteem.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I have moderate to high self-esteem. As a teen it was low to medium. In college it was medium.

In general, I believe I have more strengths than weaknesses.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would say I have no self-esteem. (Not high or low, just none.) That is to say, I hold no value unto myself. I am inward-focused and analyze myself quite a bit, but not in a value sense. I used to think if I achieved my persona that I would then be valuable; since learning this is not the case many years ago, I now have no value scale on which to place myself. As far as comparing myself to others, I feel that I also have no self-esteem there because I don't really have a peer group to compare myself to. The closest thing would be my work colleagues, but I'm kind of a tangent when it comes to that group anyway so it's hard to conceptualize such a scale in the first place, since I do not move within the same social or life spheres as they do even...

krentz

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'd say I have moderate to high self-confidence and self-esteem, although I still have problems with anxiety at times. Used to be very shy, but I'm not sure whether I'm still shy or simply reserved. I can see how different types would express their differing levels of such in ways more common to their type, but the presence and strength of those would always depend on the individual and the upbringing they have had. Until I entered into my teens, I had a very stable home life and that helped cultivate an optimistic and positive view. Throughout the teens I was the most troubled, due to both circumstance at home and outside, though I think the same can be said of everyone. Reflecting back on the successes I have had makes me feel pretty confident, though, and I view times of crisis as further opportunities for character building and development. Moreover I realise this potential for brilliance in everyone which is why I often try to help them become the best they can be - even when I have difficulty following my own advice many times! I am pretty sensitive as well, but I don't subscribe to the notion that sensitivity should imply a lack of confidence or self-worth. Rather, it is exactly my sensitivity that stokes the fires of my resilience, purely because I am ever questioning, ever searching... and I know that, at the end of the day, I will always have myself to fall back on, so if I can't first love myself, how could I offer that to others?

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
hmm....I have both very low and very high self-esteem at the same time.

Chukamok

MBTI Type
IXFP
hmm....I have both very low and very high self-esteem at the same time.

I agree. Internally I have high self-esteem. Externally I have low self-esteem. Meaning I feel good about who I am on the inside, but not so much about how people perceive me. I hope I'm making sense.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
*raises hand* I'm in the high low self esteem category. I constantly double check myself for errors lol. Why am I doomed to such feelings? Being an INFP sucks sometimes, it really does.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
inf-
perfectionistic plus extremely sensitive plus inwardly idealistic = low self-esteem

i may be perfect in every way but one, and i'd still be disappointed. resiliency is something i have to work on. and there's always an Fe perspective of me that i see that leaves me vulnerable, defensive, negative, etc. so as an infj, mine changes every time i walk into a new room. i feel much more comfortable when my Ni knows what's up and i don't have to rely so much on Fe's scattered information.