• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Is this experience relatable?

Jellyfish1234

Hello!

So I was speaking to an INFJ in this community and told them about an experience I sometimes have, where I kind of fixate on a certain perspective or on someone's likely thought process, obsess over it for a short amount of time and cannot let it go until something feels "right", like I've "done it", and then I can move on. So for example I might see someone in a situation and think about what their thought process must have been, and I can't stop thinking about it, and I have to keep thinking about it from slightly different angles (sorry, I'm not describing this very well) until finally something just softly clicks in my head and I can let it go and feel like I've accomplished it. Or I might imagine a scenario from someone else's perspective and fixate on how it would be until I feel like I've finally got it correctly and can let go of the idea. It's really weird, and the INFJ I was speaking to said they related to it too (although I might just have explained it badly), and I wondered if other INFJ relate to this at all? Could it be an "INFJ quirk", since I think I might be an INFJ too? Can anyone else relate to this experience?

Thanks,

Jellyfish1234

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's your Fe working, yo. ;p

Litsnob

If I understand you correctly it is something I do nearly all the time. :)

vielibre

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
YES. I went through my first ever break up longer ago than I care to admit and i've absolutely obsessed over it. Thing is I have had a few people i've spoken to about it assume that I want to be back with this person which isn't the case. As far as my conscience tells me, I don't want to be back where I was! I'm not trying to fix the relationship! I'm trying to fix an explanation in my mind that fits what happened and why. Like you, I just long for complete understanding of other's motivations.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can relate. I spend a lot of time thinking of "whatifs." Trying to get inside other people's heads when the case is, I could be wrong about ti all. I can usually get a fairly accurate idea. It's kind of hit or miss though. But I get very caught up in it and spend a lot of time fixating. I imagine imaginary conversations and what I would say, what I think the other person would say, how I assume they are thinking in the moment. Or if they may say something slightly different. I also wonder how it feels to be someone else, how it differs from person to person, how different outcomes would affect that person altogether.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Pretty normal Ti-Fe or Fe-Ti loop. Basically you are just using some kind of Ti to analize emotions xDDD , i Hope you can reach that xDD.

I can relate. I spend a lot of time thinking of "whatifs." Trying to get inside other people's heads when the case is, I could be wrong about ti all. I can usually get a fairly accurate idea. It's kind of hit or miss though. But I get very caught up in it and spend a lot of time fixating. I imagine imaginary conversations and what I would say, what I think the other person would say, how I assume they are thinking in the moment. Or if they may say something slightly different. I also wonder how it feels to be someone else, how it differs from person to person, how different outcomes would affect that person altogether.

Yeah , That is basically Ti .