• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Thoughts on an ENFP and ENxP relationship?

liesl16

MBTI Type
ENFP
So just wondering, anyone with any experience with an ENFP/ENxP relationship?
I've read that two ENFP's can be great together but an ENFP/ENTP is only good short-term and I'm looking for long-term.
He isn't "cold" like the typical ENTP is perceived to be but he's more rational than I am as an ENFP.
So far we get along really well. We really seem to understand each other. I think our main problem would be we both can be a bit sensitive at times but we haven't actually gotten into a fight as of yet.
What would y'all see as the biggest pros and cons? Anything we should look out for?
Thank you!

Last edited:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP - ENFP

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP - ENTP

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is your ENxP's enneagram?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
So just wondering, anyone with any experience with an ENFP/ENxP relationship?
I've read that two ENFP's can be great together but an ENFP/ENTP is only good short-term and I'm looking for long-term.
He isn't "cold" like the typical ENTP is perceived to be but he's more rational than I am as an ENFP.
So far we get along really well. We really seem to understand each other. I think our main problem would be we both can be a bit sensitive at times but we haven't actually gotten into a fight as of yet.
What would y'all see as the biggest pros and cons? Anything we should look out for?
Thank you!

xxTP and xxFP relationships can be fun as hell but also challenging as hell too. Basically, your judging functions are inverted and opposite of each other which can cause huge misunderstandings and breakdown in communication. IME (from the TP point of view) what's usually the case is that the TP does something to deeply offend the FP without even realizing it until the FP is already outraged. Typically the TP is not ill-willed but it still hurts the FP nonetheless. The slow ability for the TP to interpret emotional pain really rubs the FP the wrong way I think. TPs will usually wont place enough importance on emotional issues or dismiss them with humor. TPs are typically friendly or at least laid back/non-judgmental on the outside but usually wont smother you. FPs can be reserved and a little difficult to get to know on the outside but have a huge inner tenderness and this usually swells to the surface for a lot of FPs. If you want to be in a relationship with a real TP then you need thick skin and understand what people do isn't always what they intend. :shrug:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

I wouldn't say we're cold. We're typically friendly and at least lukewarm on the outside even if some Fi-types might interpret it as superficial. Our issue is that we're not always sensitive to other peoples' emotional states or even if we are we may not pay it enough attention or even make fun of it (especially if the ENTP is an E7). I guess that can come off as 'cold' but I think being an insensitive prick is different than being 'cold.' :shrug:

liesl16

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't think he has tested for that. All I know is he has tested both as ENTP and ENFP.

liesl16

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea I wasn't saying you are cold just that sometimes ENTP's in general can come off that way to some types.

liesl16

MBTI Type
ENFP
He isn't a true TP he's a mix of both TP and FP. I'm a true FP. He's rational enough to keep me somewhat grounded in reality but he can be as much of a dreamer and as compassionate as I am. My sarcasm has definitely improved so I can be pretty good at not taking things too personally if it's not meant to be taken that way. It really depends on the person and the situation.
Thank you for your input :)

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Try to get his Enneagram, then we can figure out quickly if he is an "FP" or "TP"