First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nico_D View Post
    I don't have problems verbalizing others if I want to (I rarely do) but I find it hard to verbalize myself. I absolutely hate, hate, hate the usual job interview question "tell us something about yourself" or the general "how are you".
    I do as well. I'm not good at talking about myself... I can talk about my interests, because I feel those have 'defined' me in a way, but I can't really talk about myself. Not without feeling like I'm lying or something; I'm always a bit self-depricating about myself. Not in a job interview of course, but still, it's not really a good look.
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 so

I find it really difficult to describe things- but yeah- especially people for some reason- especially just by appearance. I can describe people by like, their personality traits- like 'the really funny guy who made the joke about blah blah blah' but I am REALLY horrid at physical descriptions of people. So much so that anyone who knows me well- knows that- I both suck at describing them- and that I suck at having them described to me.

Ex of me describing someone:

Um. Yeah. Um. He was a guy... and um... uh... he had that hair that is like how hair is sometimes... OH! And he was wearing clothes. Um what did he look like? Oh. Uh. Well he had a face and everything and also he also had that hair too. Oh I suck at this? Yeah... I kinda do... sorry...

Ex of someone describing someone to me: Yeah you remember her! She was in our class! Remember? She had that curly blonde hair and had that really loud laugh? She always wore black and was friends with--- person---. She was in our math class! *Persons name emphasized* Remember? With the curly blonde hair? Sometimes she wore glasses?

Me: Um... maybe? Let me think about for a minute- oh wait do you mean *wrong persons name*.

Them: No. Just no. Trust me that they existed for now though ok?

Im ridiculously bad at it. Im not sure exactly why- but its like just- if I SEE the person then it all comes together... but only while I see them. The second I have to start remembering is the second I become SKREWED!
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

Destroyer of Souls Lord Lavender's Avatar
    Enneagram
    7w6

I find it hard to describe people. For instance i will be asked about a person and all i can say is some generic description like "They are a nice guy" or "Shes really good at art".

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    ^ Basically.

I have no problem describing another person or people--I love to write stories, so there's that--but I have a greater difficulty in describing myself overall. Don't even ask me how I feel.. I'll just draw a blank and clam up.
    Don't know if it's an NF thing more so than it is with struggling with using Ti, I think.
    Hmm that's a possibility. I don't write at all, but since you do, you may be adept at applying words to building personalities in stories, and using words well enough to give the reader a deep enough understanding of those personalities. Perhaps all it is, is a skill I may need to build?
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Pluvio liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    I find it hard to describe people. For instance i will be asked about a person and all i can say is some generic description like "They are a nice guy" or "Shes really good at art".
    Same. I tend to use very generalized statements like that but it pains me as I know there is SO much more to that person and my description of them isn't doing them justice. Though, I guess I have to give myself a pass and understand that all other people are typically looking for is a general idea of that person. Just because I tend to want to know someone through and through, even if it's just a causal name thrown into a story someone is telling me, doesn't mean other people necessarily look for that same connection to a person.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer

However You Project Me
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

I have difficulty.
    Maybe we can save the world
    From every evil boy and dangerous girl
    Please make me believe in harmony

Destroyer of Souls Lord Lavender's Avatar
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Same. I tend to use very generalized statements like that but it pains me as I know there is SO much more to that person and my description of them isn't doing them justice. Though, I guess I have to give myself a pass and understand that all other people are typically looking for is a general idea of that person. Just because I tend to want to know someone through and through, even if it's just a causal name thrown into a story someone is telling me, doesn't mean other people necessarily look for that same connection to a person.
    I feel bad when i can only describe a person with few words when realistically i could go on all day about them and how much i ether admire them or hate them . This is a typical example

Other person= What do you think of Joey.

Me (On the outside)= He is a cool guy but a bit crazy.

Me (On the inside)= He really gets me and understands the emotions and pain i feel when i am down in the dumps. Me and him are practically twins as we are that close and he is crazy as it brings fun and happiness to life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Ntsr None

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    ^ Basically.

I have no problem describing another person or people--I love to write stories, so there's that--but I have a greater difficulty in describing myself overall. Don't even ask me how I feel.. I'll just draw a blank and clam up.
    Don't know if it's an NF thing more so than it is with struggling with using Ti, I think.
    This Ti justification hit close to home. People ask me how I am and literally everytime time ((except when I'm on autopilot, where I just say fine thanks and you)) I go ''uhhh'' then have a timelapse of my day in my head and search for the words to explain all the ups and downs, struggles and thoughts I had throughout my day.

When I'm looking for connection and end up answering the how are you question on autopilot, I usually say something like ''I mean, I had my struggles and felt them deeply, but overall I'm ok cause I still have them under control. What about you?''
    Our world can also be wrong.
    To know God is to love Him.
    Likes Pluvio liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    946 sx
    Socionics
    IEI None

@neuskens Yes! People expect me to just up and give them an amazing summary of what my day consisted of and I just, I can't, lol.
    Even if I had the best day ever, it's still difficult for me to talk about. I just tell them the vague "It was amazing. I did that thing and I'll never forget it." and once they ask for details, I just want to self-destruct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Hmm that's a possibility. I don't write at all, but since you do, you may be adept at applying words to building personalities in stories, and using words well enough to give the reader a deep enough understanding of those personalities. Perhaps all it is, is a skill I may need to build?
    Why not just start reading more books that uses uncommon words and phrases?
    Whenever I read books with a larger vocabulary, I find it helps with my issue a little more. Doesn't cure it, but it helps some.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Ntsr None

@theforsaken do you think the little things we like sort of lose meaning or sound foolish when we externalize them? See, I love trees and often approach them, touch them and gaze at them, while analyzing all tiny things I find fantastic about them; then my friends come up and ask me what I am doing and what I am thinking about. Same ''uhhh'' happens cause I don't know how to explain to them how deeply amazing that is for me and saying out loud what I'm doing just sounds silly and then I lose my focus on the trees. =/
    Our world can also be wrong.
    To know God is to love Him.