• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
For an ENFP, I'm moderately in between E-F-P. I tend to keep my place organized in certain areas/messy in others (like my art space- it's constantly cluttered no matter how many times I organize it).

Most times, I'm pretty light-hearted, but I keep my skepticism to myself when it comes to certain things like what people say/do, which makes me question their integrity to the nth degree. I used to be a lot more unconditionally forgiving.. but with years of experience, I just can't for some people (I came to realize some people are just damaged goods- it's not my job to try and *cheer* them up in order to make a positive difference in their lives- some people are just inherently mal-intent due to nature or nurture? idk). I wish I can go back to being the same as I used to be.. Life happens.

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Some ENFP descriptions say we are bright and generallly do well in school, especially since we are apple-polishers. I have to admit, I did not do well in school. My lack of self-control spoilt everything though I got many comments from teachers and classmates saying how intelligent I was. obviously i doubted that because my grades blatantly said otherwise.

I'm not prone to cheating. I find that description insulting actually. I'm actually very loyal and when I'm with someone I'm with them 110% I also do NOT 'scan the horizon' when I'm with someone to see if there's something 'better' around. Eek. Even as a young teenager in the first bloom of hormones I was not prone to cheating.

^ DEFINITELY. I have never cheated and will never cheat, totally goes against my morals and is an insult to my integrity. I may be flippant about work projects i do not care about but i definitely take relationships very seriously.

I am not 'magnetic' as some descriptions say. Few people actually include me in their social activities.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I do not spread love the way I "should," though I do spread enthusiasm just in how I talk and express myself. I consider myself a realist FAR more than an optimist. I am not mistaken for naive. At least not in real life- I don't know what you guys think of me.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i can't talk about cheating, cos i've been single all my life. i guess that bit sort of deviates from your standard ENFP, though i have to say the reasons for this may not be. i am incredibly picky for pretty much anything. that doesn't mean i wouldn't befriend anyone less than perfect or not eat a hotdog without onions, but when it comes to relationships, i shoot for the moon.

people tell me to lower my standards, i just smile and ignore it. i only need things to work out once. anything more is a luxury. before anyone jumps all over this comment, i'm not saying the chick has to be drop dead gorgeous, she just needs to really understand what i am about. i've met some great people during my day, but honestly, i'm not sure anyone apart from my best friends and family truly understand me. cheating of course, is therefore out of the question.

other than that, i guess i haven't been the advocate for any charities =.= . i do vouch for philosophy though. everyone should jump on the love train :D.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm not a tree hugging hippie
i don't want kids
i'm very to the point

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
i can't talk about cheating, cos i've been single all my life. i guess that bit sort of deviates from your standard ENFP, though i have to say the reasons for this may not be. i am incredibly picky for pretty much anything. that doesn't mean i wouldn't befriend anyone less than perfect or not eat a hotdog without onions, but when it comes to relationships, i shoot for the moon.

people tell me to lower my standards, i just smile and ignore it. i only need things to work out once. anything more is a luxury. before anyone jumps all over this comment, i'm not saying the chick has to be drop dead gorgeous, she just needs to really understand what i am about. i've met some great people during my day, but honestly, i'm not sure anyone apart from my best friends and family truly understand me. cheating of course, is therefore out of the question.

Agree. I am very picky. Friends? Yeah, sure, almost everyone is welcome. Romantically? Let me get my checklist out... Oops, sorry, can't let you pass.

Haha ok kidding. I'm just very picky about romantic relationships because I don't want to hand my feelings over to be in the hands of some irresponsible jerk. Because when I commit, I really commit.

So, unlike many descriptions, I'M RARELY IN LOVE. With a specific person, that is. Ideas, thoughts, cultures, activities, people... Sure, love them! I'm just rarely ever romantically involved with one person.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm INTENSELY loyal....to a fault....to my own harm.

There are times I just want to be alone.

I am a deep thinker....but definitely more of a feeler.

I play to win.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can be superficial and shallow at times. I think my Se function has come to the surface more now that I'm *ahem* 40-something! :smile:

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
I feel like MBTI is too ya know... Stereotypical. It doesn't dive deeply into who you really are as a person. It barely scratches a surface. It takes a long time to discover who you truly are. Some people find it sooner than others. Me, I haven't found it yet. I don't know about you guys, but I hope you find your type.

Tinyclaws

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can be aggressive, or at least appear like one. I don't know probably because of my enneagram type.
When I was younger, I was known to be a tough and wild kid, but I got much gentler as I grew up.

I enjoy deductive thinking and I love mystery novels. :D

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can be objective and super logical separate from my emotions if I need to be. Admittedly, it's no easy task.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I am very intellectual/philosophical to the extent that sometimes I wonder if I might be an INTP instead. I have a very analytical mind, I love analyzing everything around me.
I love solving puzzles, I love solving mysteries, I love things that challenge my mind. And I also have this habit of spending hours researching on things that interest me. Whenever I am in this mode, I'll often forget to eat and sleep. I will basically obsess over those topics that are in my mind, and then I will spend hours researching about it . :yes:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have slow reaction times.

I can respond in the moment very well, which I guess most INFJs are not can not do....

I just have better reactions when I slow down and don't try to respond instantly...

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it depends who you ask. My son would tell you I am very bossy. I myself identify with being demanding but I think that's a very different thing. My brother and my mother also say I'm bossy but very close friends say I'm not bossy at all and really easy going...

I do think though that I am more assertive than a lot of ENFP's and I can lean towards ESFP in that area.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not a care taker, I am not a fluffy ball of emotions, I am not selfless, I don't like everyone... I am egocentric, selfcentered, cynical and critical most of the time.

Starrynight5

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am not really that idealistic. I don't work to help the underdog...I might think about it though. ;) I have a temper and can be controlling.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The bold part of this popular profile descriptions are true. Red means not true at all;

"The Idealist"

As an INFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves

INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place.

Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well.

INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations. On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings, and genuinely want to help them.

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet.

INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit. INFPs may have problems working on a project in a group, because their standards are likely to be higher than other members' of the group. In group situations, they may have a "control" problem. The INFP needs to work on balancing their high ideals with the requirements of every day living. Without resolving this conflict, they will never be happy with themselves, and they may become confused and paralyzed about what to do with their lives.

INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic.

INFPs who function in their well-developed sides can accomplish great and wonderful things, which they will rarely give themselves credit for. Some of the great, humanistic catalysts in the world have been INFPs.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of the MBTI descriptions of INFJ I don't identify with, but Jung's description of the Ni-dom resonate the most with me. The parts of the MBTI description of INFJ I don't relate to are the social descriptions. I've read that INFJs are always giving advice and take offense when people don't follow it. I suppose I will offer advice as a teacher or online when someone is asking for suggestions, but I can't imagine feeling offended when people don't embrace it. I think like the humanistic psychologist Carl Rogers who says each individual is the master of their own life. I respect that boundary for myself and others. I can never know enough to know better than the other person knows about their life. I don't relate to classic "Fe". For me it is more like an externalized version of Fi. I'm aware of everyone else's inner self and value the respect of that personal boundary above all else. The only part of Fe I relate to is internalizing it from the outside. I don't have a safe a shell as is common with Fi. I have some kind of hybrid Fe/Fi, but I think I'm too abstract, too Ni-ish to be an INFP, when I compare myself with my Fi-dom sister and mother.