• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] shower thought (unconscious Fi)

chobus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
do you guys think that INFJs are really attracted to INFP writers/art because it taps into some sort of unconscious Fi insight and/or reaction.

And vice-verse for INFPs liking INFJ writing/art

Examples being Soren Kierkegaard, Orwell, Camus, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Antoine De Saint-Exupery, Bill Watterson, Franz Kafka, Shakespeare, Virginia Wolf

Also, Johnny Depp, Tim Burton, David Lynch, Terrence Malik, Regina Spektor, Heath Ledger, Chris Martin

[taken from Celebritytypes.com)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just love that they can tap that inner child and innocent creativity so well. I wish I can do something so light hearted like that, but all my previous literature works are so jarring and kind of dark in comparison.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can't say why but I'm very attracted to INFJ art/writing. Just like my connection to them irl.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
No. I tend to think the reverse can be true at least in once case: Isabel Briggs Myers (INFP) refer to Jung (INFJ) to develop her MBTI.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
do you guys think that INFJs are really attracted to INFP writers/art because it taps into some sort of unconscious Fi insight and/or reaction.

And vice-verse for INFPs liking INFJ writing/art

Examples being Soren Kierkegaard, Orwell, Camus, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Antoine De Saint-Exupery, Bill Watterson, Franz Kafka, Shakespeare, Virginia Wolf

Also, Johnny Depp, Tim Burton, David Lynch, Terrence Malik, Regina Spektor, Heath Ledger, Chris Martin

[taken from Celebritytypes.com)
Johnny Depp, Regina Spector and Heath Ledger are ENTJs. Celebrity types has a weird tendency to type ENTJs with mental health issues as feelers.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Johnny Depp is ennea-type 4. He is not ENTJ. Not even going to comment on the rest.
Ennea-type 4 (the actual one, not mistypings) is typical for thinkers because they can't process the trauma properly with tertiary/inferior feelings and also, it's a sort of trauma that is probably typically inflicted by thinker parents.

He's an obvious ENTJ. He has broad, rigid face typical for Te-doms and rigid judger wrists.

YouTube
It's not being an INFP, it's trauma from child abuse.

You're confusing being type 4 with being a feeler. Feelers have strong feeling function which makes them more resistant to becoming type 4.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Ennea-type 4 (the actual one, not mistypings) is typical for thinkers because they can't process the trauma properly with tertiary/inferior feelings and also, it's a sort of trauma that is probably typically inflicted by thinker parents.

He's an obvious ENTJ. He has broad, rigid face typical for Te-doms and rigid judger wrists.

YouTube
It's not being an INFP, it's trauma from child abuse.

You're confusing being type 4 with being a feeler. Feelers have strong feeling function which makes them more resistant to becoming type 4.

Ennea-type 4 has nothing to do with trauma. To conflate the two is ignorant and contributes to the misunderstanding of type 4 and rampant mistypings.

I'm not in the mood for this so I'll just leave you with your ignorance.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Okay, maybe trauma was too strong word. But from what I understand, enneatype is created by childhood experiences. Trauma is just an extreme case.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Okay, maybe trauma was too strong word. But from what I understand, enneatype is created by childhood experiences.

I firmly believe that it is not. Rather, it shapes how you interpret your childhood and whatever trauma you may have experienced. Otherwise, siblings close in age would likely be the same ennea-type far more often.

Type 4 is about an attachment to suffering, about finding one's identity in one's perceived deficiencies compared to others. Few 4s will admit it, but their suffering is self-created. The narratives we tell ourselves about our lives and identities become our truth, but that doesn't make it the truth. Just as the 3 doesn't have to become a pillar of status and success to be whole, or the 1 doesn't need to rise to the idealized version of oneself in principle, or the 5 doesn't need to know every little thing before moving out into the world or starting something, the 4 doesn't have something external to them that needs to be incorporated into their identity in order to be as "whole as the others'.

We are all born inherently whole and are always whole at any point in time, but none of us feel that way and instead seek wholeness through either image, security, or autonomy. 4s seek wholeness through an image of being un-whole.... always missing something. It is in this place that they can confirm their feelings of being "unlike the others", of being misunderstood and missing out on their destiny of being something enviable, of "knowing" what it is that they "don't have", going after it, and yet still feeling deficient when they get it and moving on to some other trait or thing they need to incorporate into their identity.

4s do want to be thought of as beautifully cracked and chipped, but trauma is certainly not a defining circumstance of them, or any type.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Okay, maybe trauma was too strong word. But from what I understand, enneatype is created by childhood experiences. Trauma is just an extreme case.

I'm wondering what your overall understanding of Enneagram is and where this understanding came from. Why is it created through childhood, whereas presumably Jungian type is hereditary?

Peter Deadpan said:
Otherwise, siblings close in age would likely be the same ennea-type far more often.

This sounds counter-intuitive. If type was hereditary then you'd expect that, but if it's caused by what happens to you, then the correlation would be much lower. So if the correlation is even lower still, where is it coming from?

--

Regarding correlations with Jungian type, I am skeptical. Why would internalising shame make one more or less prone to being a Feeler compared to externalising anger or repressing shame or any other iteration? If anything, type correlations could be mistypes due to misunderstanding what introversion etc. means. Type 5 externalises fear -> sees the world as scary and withdraws -> assume they're an introvert. But maybe they're a type 5 extrovert.

The correlations might be legitimate, but also might not be.

--

Also I definitely don't buy that Regina Spektor is an ENTJ [MENTION=38911]Indigo Rodent[/MENTION]. She smiles way too much don't you think?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I'm wondering what your overall understanding of Enneagram is and where this understanding came from. Why is it created through childhood,
My understanding is that it explores core motivations of people and that these motivations are linked to experiences from childhood. Saw it in many articles about ennea-types.

whereas presumably Jungian type is hereditary?
AFAIK the whole people have the same type as their siblings/parent of the same sex thing still holds up.

Also I definitely don't buy that Regina Spektor is an ENTJ [MENTION=38911]Indigo Rodent[/MENTION]. She smiles way too much don't you think?
Yeah. Was looking at her and having doubts too. She used to be an ENFP before he started correcting mistypes that should have never happened in the first place. I think ENTJ typing is right, though. Regina Spektor is slowed down when emoting. She also has rigid wrists.

She smiles a lot because she's a people pleaser but look at how SLOW she is. She's doing the shtick that some TJ females do to not bulldoze all the time. The inter-type INTJ female does the same thing. And of course he initially mistyped her as "INFJ" despite that she's slowed down when emoting.

Contrast it with Emilia Clarke (ENFP) and Willa Fitzgerald (INFP).

YouTube
She's quite slow when using Te but she's accelerating when emoting:
For example she does a bit of emoting at 15:15.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I firmly believe that it is not. Rather, it shapes how you interpret your childhood and whatever trauma you may have experienced. Otherwise, siblings close in age would likely be the same ennea-type far more often.

Type 4 is about an attachment to suffering, about finding one's identity in one's perceived deficiencies compared to others. Few 4s will admit it, but their suffering is self-created. The narratives we tell ourselves about our lives and identities become our truth, but that doesn't make it the truth. Just as the 3 doesn't have to become a pillar of status and success to be whole, or the 1 doesn't need to rise to the idealized version of oneself in principle, or the 5 doesn't need to know every little thing before moving out into the world or starting something, the 4 doesn't have something external to them that needs to be incorporated into their identity in order to be as "whole as the others'.

We are all born inherently whole and are always whole at any point in time, but none of us feel that way and instead seek wholeness through either image, security, or autonomy. 4s seek wholeness through an image of being un-whole.... always missing something. It is in this place that they can confirm their feelings of being "unlike the others", of being misunderstood and missing out on their destiny of being something enviable, of "knowing" what it is that they "don't have", going after it, and yet still feeling deficient when they get it and moving on to some other trait or thing they need to incorporate into their identity.

4s do want to be thought of as beautifully cracked and chipped, but trauma is certainly not a defining circumstance of them, or any type.

Not to interrupt but-
I had not heard this before. It’s very insightful and makes a LOT of sense. It also explains so much of the difference in behavior and perspective between my husband and I. ( 4 and 8 )

He says he ‘can’t’ because he’s ‘broken’ and makes the same claims of me. I have to purely in spite of it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Not to interrupt but-
I had not heard this before. It’s very insightful and makes a LOT of sense. It also explains so much of the difference in behavior and perspective between my husband and I. ( 4 and 8 )

He says he ‘can’t’ because he’s ‘broken’ and makes the same claims of me. I have to purely in spite of it.

I wasn't aware your husband was a 4. Relationships between average to low health 4s and 8s can be quite fiery, for better or worse.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
My understanding is that it explores core motivations of people and that these motivations are linked to experiences from childhood. Saw it in many articles about ennea-types.

I do think there are aspects of personality that are molded through childhood experiences, and don't have a completely hereditary basis. I don't know what aspects those are though, and the views expressed in articles might not be true. It will be interesting to see once these things can be studied better.

AFAIK the whole people have the same type as their siblings/parent of the same sex thing still holds up.

That won't hold up all the time of course. It could be the same type as a grandparent for instance.

Yeah. Was looking at her and having doubts too. She used to be an ENFP before he started correcting mistypes that should have never happened in the first place. I think ENTJ typing is right, though. Regina Spektor is slowed down when emoting. She also has rigid wrists.

She smiles a lot because she's a people pleaser but look at how SLOW she is. She's doing the shtick that some TJ females do to not bulldoze all the time. The inter-type INTJ female does the same thing. And of course he initially mistyped her as "INFJ" despite that she's slowed down when emoting.

What about ENFJ?

YouTube She seems to have a neutral expression when disengaged from the environment, then she focuses on the other person again with a smile.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I wasn't aware your husband was a 4. Relationships between average to low health 4s and 8s can be quite fiery, for better or worse.

Yeah, that is a good way to put it.

That won't hold up all the time of course. It could be the same type as a grandparent for instance.

It doesn’t hold up. When it is true it’s coincidence. The idea that personality type is hereditary, or even worse, can be seen by physical characteristics is total nonsense.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It doesn’t hold up. When it is true it’s coincidence. The idea that personality type is hereditary, or even worse, can be seen by physical characteristics is total nonsense.

I'm surprised that so many people here aren't noticing the phenomenon that same-sex members of a family tend to be very similar. I guess we'll need to wait for the data, right?

It seems almost obvious that type will show up in physical characteristics. Are you saying that smiling has nothing to do with the Feeling function? And I suppose that the qualities of the voice have nothing to do with type either. How are we supposed to type people then?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I'm surprised that so many people here aren't noticing the phenomenon that same-sex members of a family tend to be very similar. I guess we'll need to wait for the data, right?

It seems almost obvious that type will show up in physical characteristics. Are you saying that smiling has nothing to do with the Feeling function? And I suppose that the qualities of the voice have nothing to do with type either. How are we supposed to type people then?

It isn’t phenomena, it isn’t a thing at all.

There is a big difference between body language a d physical characteristics like the size of ones wrist.