User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default shower thought (unconscious Fi)

do you guys think that INFJs are really attracted to INFP writers/art because it taps into some sort of unconscious Fi insight and/or reaction.

And vice-verse for INFPs liking INFJ writing/art

Examples being Soren Kierkegaard, Orwell, Camus, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Antoine De Saint-Exupery, Bill Watterson, Franz Kafka, Shakespeare, Virginia Wolf

Also, Johnny Depp, Tim Burton, David Lynch, Terrence Malik, Regina Spektor, Heath Ledger, Chris Martin

[taken from Celebritytypes.com)

I just love that they can tap that inner child and innocent creativity so well. I wish I can do something so light hearted like that, but all my previous literature works are so jarring and kind of dark in comparison.
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Can't say why but I'm very attracted to INFJ art/writing. Just like my connection to them irl.
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram
    Likes Punderstorm, Norrsken liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

No. I tend to think the reverse can be true at least in once case: Isabel Briggs Myers (INFP) refer to Jung (INFJ) to develop her MBTI.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by chobus View Post
    do you guys think that INFJs are really attracted to INFP writers/art because it taps into some sort of unconscious Fi insight and/or reaction.

And vice-verse for INFPs liking INFJ writing/art

Examples being Soren Kierkegaard, Orwell, Camus, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Antoine De Saint-Exupery, Bill Watterson, Franz Kafka, Shakespeare, Virginia Wolf

Also, Johnny Depp, Tim Burton, David Lynch, Terrence Malik, Regina Spektor, Heath Ledger, Chris Martin

[taken from Celebritytypes.com)
    Johnny Depp, Regina Spector and Heath Ledger are ENTJs. Celebrity types has a weird tendency to type ENTJs with mental health issues as feelers.
    DESPAIR

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Rodent View Post
    Johnny Depp, Regina Spector and Heath Ledger are ENTJs. Celebrity types has a weird tendency to type ENTJs with mental health issues as feelers.
    Johnny Depp is ennea-type 4. He is not ENTJ. Not even going to comment on the rest.
    Likes Powehi, Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Johnny Depp is ennea-type 4. He is not ENTJ. Not even going to comment on the rest.
    Ennea-type 4 (the actual one, not mistypings) is typical for thinkers because they can't process the trauma properly with tertiary/inferior feelings and also, it's a sort of trauma that is probably typically inflicted by thinker parents.

He's an obvious ENTJ. He has broad, rigid face typical for Te-doms and rigid judger wrists.

YouTube
    It's not being an INFP, it's trauma from child abuse.

You're confusing being type 4 with being a feeler. Feelers have strong feeling function which makes them more resistant to becoming type 4.
    DESPAIR

Ennea-type 4 (the actual one, not mistypings) is typical for thinkers because they can't process the trauma properly with tertiary/inferior feelings and also, it's a sort of trauma that is probably typically inflicted by thinker parents.

He's an obvious ENTJ. He has broad, rigid face typical for Te-doms and rigid judger wrists.

YouTube
    It's not being an INFP, it's trauma from child abuse.

You're confusing being type 4 with being a feeler. Feelers have strong feeling function which makes them more resistant to becoming type 4.
    Ennea-type 4 has nothing to do with trauma. To conflate the two is ignorant and contributes to the misunderstanding of type 4 and rampant mistypings.

I'm not in the mood for this so I'll just leave you with your ignorance.
    Likes Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Okay, maybe trauma was too strong word. But from what I understand, enneatype is created by childhood experiences. Trauma is just an extreme case.
    DESPAIR

Okay, maybe trauma was too strong word. But from what I understand, enneatype is created by childhood experiences.
    I firmly believe that it is not. Rather, it shapes how you interpret your childhood and whatever trauma you may have experienced. Otherwise, siblings close in age would likely be the same ennea-type far more often.

Type 4 is about an attachment to suffering, about finding one's identity in one's perceived deficiencies compared to others. Few 4s will admit it, but their suffering is self-created. The narratives we tell ourselves about our lives and identities become our truth, but that doesn't make it the truth. Just as the 3 doesn't have to become a pillar of status and success to be whole, or the 1 doesn't need to rise to the idealized version of oneself in principle, or the 5 doesn't need to know every little thing before moving out into the world or starting something, the 4 doesn't have something external to them that needs to be incorporated into their identity in order to be as "whole as the others'.

We are all born inherently whole and are always whole at any point in time, but none of us feel that way and instead seek wholeness through either image, security, or autonomy. 4s seek wholeness through an image of being un-whole.... always missing something. It is in this place that they can confirm their feelings of being "unlike the others", of being misunderstood and missing out on their destiny of being something enviable, of "knowing" what it is that they "don't have", going after it, and yet still feeling deficient when they get it and moving on to some other trait or thing they need to incorporate into their identity.

4s do want to be thought of as beautifully cracked and chipped, but trauma is certainly not a defining circumstance of them, or any type.
    Likes Luminous, cascadeco, Yuu liked this post