• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Life is BLAH!

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was thinking, "why is life so BLAH sometimes?" I've concluded that life sucks when I am not occupied, because when I stay busy I don't think about the blah. Blah, blah, blah....

Tell me. Is this universal among all types?

Last edited:

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sigh* I'm feeling juuust a tad cynical, and insomnia helps not.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I was thinking, "why is life so BLAH sometimes?" I've concluded that life sucks when I am not occupied, because when I stay busy I don't think about the blah. Blah, blah, blah....

Seeing how you get that feeling when you're not occupied, I'd say it's a extrovert thing. I never get it at least.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Aww... :)

I've got insomnia too, but no worries, after few years it will be your personal trait that can be used for all kinds of things. :nod:

Life's nice, if you consider the alternative. Besides, the only reason you and me can feel lousy about not keeping busy, is because the western world has stolen the resources for our well-being from the third world countries. This will not go on forever, so don't worry. Maybe there will be reasons to worry later on.

(Really, I can't see why I haven't felt bad for months now. It's really weird. I don't even do anything and its fine. So.. all I can say, cheer up, life's good, or if it isn't, it's usually tolerable..)

Seeing how you get that feeling when you're not occupied, I'd say it's a extrovert thing. I never get it at least.

No. I have had it. But, there's lots of stuff you can do, so I have some stuff to do while bored. I'd just want to do something more meaningful, but then again, I can pass my time this way too. Today I've been doing vector art, and later on I will go pick apples on back yard, maybe fix my bike. Nice weather.

Yeah, life's boring, but so is death.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Insomnia's horrible. (Even though I wish I never had to sleep) Plus. It's not healthy for you :S I'm going on my 4th day with 12 hours sleep total. F pills and drugs of any sort. I can handle this. It's all mental.

I also try to keep myself busy, but you know. For me, procrastination trumps life's ambitions in the big picture. I'm too damn distracted with the details and possibilities. So half the time nothing gets accomplished. (Damn P :threaten:) Then move onto another and so on and so forth.

It's those in between periods like now where I am feeling alone that I feel this way and I ask questions like...What's the point? Why are things so complicated? Why are people so stupid? I was wondering what it would be like to be so simple. Wishing I could dumb myself down enough to follow and not do my own thing, but it's damn near impossible. Lots of self analyzing. Meh. Beneficial in the long run I suppose. The self analyzing I mean.

Tbh sometimes the alternative doesn't seem so bad, but I would never do anything to bring it upon myself. It's not in my nature. Just a thought.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
sigh...what to do/say? I often feel the precisely the same thing like you too.
all I can only say here is: you're definitely not alone .

maybe it's true that we do need a lot more J to make ourselves happy (at least feeling that we've accomplished something! rather than nothing)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Most Ns go through this at some point, usually in our teens. I don't know if you'll get over it, but I did. The world is pretty stupid. "The Devil's gonna get you, man. Just realize it, then take it out of your head." --KMFDM

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Are we talking about existential angst?

I had a period where my thoughts were especially existential, but it wasn't a depressing or unhappy time.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

I can get depressed when I don't have anything to do.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's when I start getting into how lonely I feel. I know I'm bored when the only thought that comes to my head is, "I need a girlfriend". So I try to fill up the time with other things, problem is when you're waiting 45 min to an hour and a half between calls at work it's kind of hard to not get bored.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Most Ns go through this at some point, usually in our teens.

I'm sure Ss have angst of their own. Their lives aren't necessarily simpler.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Life is pretty blah at times. one way I've learned to somewhat get over the blahness of life is to be happy with what you got, because if you wait around for something better you'll never be happy. At least that's what I've learned. And yes I still get bored at times, I think that's human nature, but I don't dwell too much on it anymore.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Aww :hug:
I can relate. Though it's not the same, your thread reminds me of this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/other-psychology-topics/7354-apathy-how-do-you-overcome.html
When I am not busy enough, I get extremely unmotivated. It is as if I am in a drug-induced stupor. Apathetic to the extreme. I cannot simply get busy because I need the push. Inspiration can come from the most unexpected places, e.g., I live in a big city and I have found that taking trips to a large, real forest (not your typical, ultra-sculpted city parks) can renew my appreciation for life's little wonders.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Sounds like you can't stand boredom. Practice. It's not that bad.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most Ns go through this at some point, usually in our teens. I don't know if you'll get over it, but I did. The world is pretty stupid. "The Devil's gonna get you, man. Just realize it, then take it out of your head." --KMFDM

It's an off an on thing, and no I don't think I ever will. Existential thoughts especially frequent my mind, but only when something or someone pisses me off. It's rare for me to dwell. Too much E maybe on my part for that. I think it keeps my already (what I try to keep) positive outlook on things in check. A reminder to myself that life isn't always all sunshine and roses. *Shruggery*

I really like that quote btw :)

Aww :hug:
I can relate. Though it's not the same, your thread reminds me of this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/other-psychology-topics/7354-apathy-how-do-you-overcome.html
When I am not busy enough, I get extremely unmotivated. It is as if I am in a drug-induced stupor. Apathetic to the extreme. I cannot simply get busy because I need the push. Inspiration can come from the most unexpected places, e.g., I live in a big city and I have found that taking trips to a large, real forest (not your typical, ultra-sculpted city parks) can renew my appreciation for life's little wonders.

x) Thanks for the link hun. I'll read fully through it here in a min.

Awesome idea about getting out and taking a short trip somewheres. I've been wanting to take one. I should just do it. I was thinking road trip. Either the Grand Canyon, or Mexico both are 6 hours away, or maybe camping :thinking: BUT I want something immidiate. So maybe just a trip up on the tram to the top of the mountains alone will suffice, though I'd rather go with someone. Never been much of the doing things alone type. Thanks for the idea darlin. I'll be sure to follow through on this one. I feel better already. :hug:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Sure thing. I like road-trips. You come back feeling like a new person. GL.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Blah is: Your ideal situation being somewhat separated from your current situation.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I never understood boredom.

There is too much to experience.. to learn..

heart

heart on fire

I live for the blah, I wallow and delight in the blah. It gives me time to read and reflect.