• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Friendship?

Razasha2

Hi guys I have to start apologizing first for my bad english (it's not my mother language), and second because I'm very new to this "typology" thing, I'm trying to understand.

So here's my problem I'm a 20 yo boy who loves a 19 yo girl, seh always said to me that she is "very INFJ", she made me do a test and I'm a "INFP-T", I don't know what it really means but I'll tell my story and I hope you guys can help me.

In my first High School year (about 5 years ago), I met this girl, since then my life completely changed, for the fisrt time in my life I wanted to take an action, not just sit and wait something to happen, I REALLY wanted her, about a year later I told her how I felt about her, (about that time we were already friends), and the result was catastrophic.
So I finished High School, and started a relationship with another girl (ex- best friend of her), it went great for a time, but I was always thinking about her, last year we broke up, and the fisrt person I wanted to talk, that I missed (I don't really know how to explain this feeling), was her. So I called her and we started going out, we became best friends for the first time, I was SO happy, we talked every day, and how we missed each other, until one day that we were in a club and she kissed me, so we started to get out more often and kiss each other, but my happiest memory is of one that we went to the mall, and we walked hand in hand, I don't know how to explain, she asked me how I felt about it, I said great, but that I was afraid, to go to deep and in the end she may doesnt't want anything, she said to be cool about it, that she liked me back.
So, after some time, she said that it won't work out because she didn't love me, that she was looking for someone that she already created on her mind, a prince, and she couldn't stop searching, and she was afraid to hurt me.
I said "ok", and she was very worried (I'm deeply depressed, I go to doctors every week and this kind of thing), so she said that, we might "try again", so we tried again some times, for some months, and it didn't worked out, I said that it was enough, that I couldn't force her to love me, and I needed to leave her life in every way possible, she was very sad because I was her best and only friend.
But I can't forget her, I just can't, I enter in her facebook/twitter/instagram/etc. profile to see how she is doing, and she leaves messages like "I miss you, hope you're fine", and some text saying things that exactly fit in our problem.
For example, last week she called me, she said that we didn't talked for 19 days, she was couting, that she miss me so much, and I was like "I can't talk to you it will make me worse", she was asking if I didn't have anything to tell her, after this she wrote something like "you're right, I DO think you're stupid".

So it is just a friendship? Why she call me even knowing it will make it worse? Why she is always here? Even when I'm telling that we need to be apart?

I need to make clear, that she is VERY beautiful, she already worked as a model, so she doesn't have friends because everybody wants to take advantage of her, and I NEVER did that, she kissed me, I dind't make a move, I never tried anything, I'm a very shy guy and I think she wouldn't like it, but sometimes I feel like that to be more agressive, you know?
And she is very "generous", she wants to help everybody, but forgets about her, she was dating a guy just because he had low self esteem, so I don't know in what point she MAY like me, or if she just want to help with my depression.

Well I don't know, so many thoughts so many things to explain, if you guys could help me I would be extremely greatfull.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You two sound very young, and you two also sound like you need to maybe seek some counseling. You because you have depression, and her because she cuts, you said? And she puts you down when you try to establish boundaries? She definitely needs to see a mental health professional, because it isn't your job to coddle her while she uses you like that. If she doesn't love you romantically, fine, but that gives her no right to keep contacting you while you want to maintain space. That isn't fair to you. You sound like a very nice boy who should find a very nice girl to be with, and I'm sorry to say, but your INFJ female friend doesn't sound like a nice person. At least, not at this point in her life.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So it is just a friendship? Why she call me even knowing it will make it worse? Why she is always here? Even when I'm telling that we need to be apart?

I need to make clear, that she is VERY beautiful, she already worked as a model, so she doesn't have friends because everybody wants to take advantage of her, and I NEVER did that, she kissed me, I dind't make a move, I never tried anything, I'm a very shy guy and I think she wouldn't like it, but sometimes I feel like that to be more agressive, you know?
And she is very "generous", she wants to help everybody, but forgets about her, she was dating a guy just because he had low self esteem, so I don't know in what point she MAY like me, or if she just want to help with my depression.

Well I don't know, so many thoughts so many things to explain, if you guys could help me I would be extremely greatfull.

Like theforsaken said, you should probably seek some professional help. I go to a psychologist myself, even though I'm over my depression, because it prevents it from coming back.
The nature of your relationship sounds rather unhealthy, so I strongly advise you to perhaps block her on all devices.
It doesn't sound like you have much self preservation, so that is what I would have worked on first. Get rid of her and try fixing your own life first.
I myself stopped talking to all my friends for 8 months so I could get over my depression and get my priorities right. They're still kind of fucked up, but it was a wise choice.
Good luck!:)