• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Got a Door Slam I Deserved - should I apologize or leave her alone forever?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
??? ?? /? you can have romantic relationships without sex and sexual relationships without romance. I don't see how it would be an issue if it was something they had talked about previously. It also doesn't seem to have any relation to where OP and her ex's problems arose.

nop

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

You already quoted this and I already responded to that response but I'll do it again, then.

Yes, you can. Sexual orientation and romantic orientation are separate things. For the majority of people, they are interested in having both sex and romance in their relationships, and so for those people it can be incredibly difficult to differentiate between the two. But just because you can't make that differentiation doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Aromantics can have purely sexual relationships with others. Asexuals can have purely romantic relationships with others. However, it is difficult for them to find the types of relationships they want since they are the minority.

So what I'm saying is, I'm not saying you're "wrong" that you want both sex and romance in a relationship. However, you are wrong for thinking that every single other person is the exact same way and that you can't have one without the other, because you can, whether you personally believe in it or not.

Though this is starting to derail the thread. If OP wants, we can split this into a different thread or move it to OTP.

Permabanned
*skims few paragraphs, takes note of tone, scrolls through lengthy op, hysterically laughing inside, posts and moves on*

writhenwud

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
*skims few paragraphs, takes note of tone, scrolls through lengthy op, hysterically laughing inside, posts and moves on*

Thanks for the assist, bruh.