• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How to get into company of NFs who don't need new friends?

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am a highly sensitive INTJ who has recently got through a lot of self-reflection. Shortly put, it has been about learning to understand myself better as in what being an INTJ and an HSP means in my case and how it has affected my life.

That process is already over, but I have realized that I am lacking certain kind of people in my life. It's actually quite difficult to name any specific reference group for me or the company that I am looking for, but a person I would like to get to know is probably in his or her 30's, an NF and has lived a kind of life that requires quite a lot of independence. With that I could mean someone who has travelled alone a lot, for example. That's something I have done myself too.

The biggest challenge is not about finding such people. The biggest challenge is that I am interested in one-on-one company of the kind of people who probably already have more than enough of close friends. The fact that I am an INTJ and thus not really an expert in building new friendships is definitely not helping me.

Do you, the users of this forum, have any wisdom that you could share and that might be useful in my situation?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Are you looking for another HSP that happens to be an NF or does that not matter?

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's more important to be an NF, but being an HSP as well is definitely a pro.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:thinking:

As an NF and an HSP, I find that I have met most of my friends in life through either school or work.

Don't know if that helps, but I wish you well. :thumbup:

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What are you seeking with this friendship, if I may ask?

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
What are you seeking with this friendship, if I may ask?

I'd like to discover a side of me that usually needs certain kind of company to show up. I am looking for certain kind of company and seeing if I could make new friends that way.

natalia93

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I am a highly sensitive INTJ who has recently got through a lot of self-reflection. Shortly put, it has been about learning to understand myself better as in what being an INTJ and an HSP means in my case and how it has affected my life.

[MENTION=14042]gandalf[/MENTION]
First of all, I imagine being a HSP and INTJ is EXTREMELY rare. As an INFJ and HSP I always tell my INTJ boyfriend that his brain would implode if he had to deal with the emotional difficulties of being an HSP with his intense INTJ nature. (I say this because I know he will never be able to comprehend the difficulties of being an HSP or a feeler in general who also has the desire to think with logic and rationality.

Props for coming to this realization and understanding what it means for you; I imagine this was a difficult process. I apologize, but I don't have any helpful advice on how to find the type of people you are looking for. Perhaps it would help to show your HSP side though; this will tend to attract NF's. Additional, albeit unhelpful thought (sorry again): I think you would have an amazing relationship with an INFJ, particularly one who is also HSP, which I assume is pretty common INFJs.

I have great respect for you, INTJ HSP stranger. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I have no doubt that your characteristics will inevitably lead you to success.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think you are imagine that you are HSP. :dry:

natalia93

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think you are imagine that you are HSP. :dry:

[MENTION=34350]Norexan[/MENTION] are you saying this because you don't think an INTJ can be an HSP? Or what makes you think [MENTION=14042]gandalf[/MENTION] is incorrect in believing he is an HSP?

HSP doesn't seem like a thing you would want to label yourself as. I personally struggled with accepting the fact that I am an HSP and saw it as a huge personality flaw and weakness when I was younger.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=34350]Norexan[/MENTION] are you saying this because you don't think an INTJ can be an HSP? Or what makes you think [MENTION=14042]gandalf[/MENTION] is incorrect in believing he is an HSP?

HSP doesn't seem like a thing you would want to label yourself as. I personally struggled with accepting the fact that I am an HSP and saw it as a huge personality flaw and weakness when I was younger.

No. That is a fantasy.

Is there high-sensitive INTJ? Yes, INTJ are sensitive but as weak Fi users they are VERY hard to admit IT. Fi becomes MORE PRIVATE then Fi from FP.

ter Fi <- denying/fantasy
inf Fi <- weakness/defending

IxTJ Fi -> They see themselves as sensitive persons (even romantic and high empathetic) when they are actually colder then glacier.