• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Question For INFJs

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you ever been so surprised at your own abrasive behavior towards other? As if it just appeared out of nowhere sometimes? What I mean is, have you ever told someone something, and maybe you said it a bit too sternly or dryly, and they looked at you in absolute shock? And then later on someone would laugh and tell you that you kind of stepped over the line there, and you feel awful because you know that's not how you really are but you sometimes cannot help it?

I hope I make sense. Just wondering.

Kelly777

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like I am super empathetic and always concerned with the way I affect people around me but it's like I have this alter ego that comes out sometimes. I can be very blunt. If I'm pushed too far I can be downright cold and ruthless. I wasn't aware of this when I was younger and tended to project it onto others. Then I felt guilty about it. But I've been in some tight spots, even dangerous situations and that side of me has served me well. So, yes. I hope you meant mbti infj not socionics infj. Lol.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe not in the way you mention it because no one is that nice enough to let me know. But it sometimes make me believe I have weak Fe. It's a trade-off though.. shun creativity/intuition or try to over-worry about offending others.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I've been called blunt occasionaly. Which is very paradoxal to my overall empathic nature. Sometimes my Ni is so quick that my Fe has no time to wrap it as a gift present :p

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I let things build up and push them to the back of my mind, sometimes. The majority of the time, I'm in control, while the fe helps to navigate through the situation, I'm able to keep things under control. It is a tool that helps see the mood, while having my own emotions, but these are kept somewhat in check. There is a certain amount of detachment there but there are a few triggers/buttons that when they get pressed, that control flies out the window.

There are times when this is not the case. I just got snappish, somewhere between defensive and passive aggressive and just all around horrible, with someone recently, I regret what I said to them. I'm reluctant to apologize because I don't put it past myself not to repeat the behavior and if I do, the apology won't really be that sincere.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have to say I cant rmbr a time when I was abrasive. Im always careful in how I express myself, always try and soften the edges, and I rarely lose control of that. I do get angry at people but thats only for protection purposes, when I feel someones disrespected me or overstepped a boundary. Then I need to let them know, firmly.