• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] outgoing introvert?

polkadotstars

MBTI Type
infj
Is it possible to be a social introvert? I'm an INFJ but I love people, love going to parties, I was in a sorority and a fraternity sweetheart. I of course get tired after I am around people for too long, sorority recruitment weekend stressed me out like no other. But in my spare time I love being around friends and being social.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Yes. My brother is one. Most of my old friends are. Sounds like you are one, too.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, it is possible. It's your own choice. Introvert is not same as being a hermit. I live with my friends for now, and I don't feel like they exhaust me too much. I can't be around strangers that much, though...

CelestialTravels

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi. I'm not an INFJ, but my boyfriend is. People always mistake him for an extravert - that is people who are not close to him, and therefore don't see him when he needs to lock himself in his "cave" and recharge - because loves to socialize and is very charming and personable. I believe that probably has something to do with the Fe, extraverted feeling, which is the need to connect with others.

Mighty Mouse

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sure. "Introverts" when it comes to MBTI types are not a measure of someone's sociability. That is a misconception. It is about where the energy of thoughts is directed when we need to think through something new or important. It is about the brain's preference when dealing with new or complex information not about how much or how often we socialize.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Sure. "Introverts" when it comes to MBTI types are not a measure of someone's sociability. That is a misconception. It is about where the energy of thoughts is directed when we need to think through something new or important. It is about the brain's preference when dealing with new or complex information not about how much or how often we socialize.

well said

an introverts "battery is charged" by being alone.

and extroverts "batter is charged" by being around others

thats a VERY dirty definition of it but something to that effect

some introverts social battery lasts longer then others

look at post below...very very well put

hiddengem

MBTI Type
ESTJ
My husband is an INFP and is great at socializing. To look at him during a large gathering, you would not guess that he is an introvert. He can put himself out there but it requires a tremendous amount of energy on his part.
What people don't see is the recovery time he needs afterwards.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's pretty common for INFJ's to be confused for extraverts. People often think my wife is the extravert and I'm the introvert. :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah, I was going to say something of my own, but I'll say read all those posts up there ^.