• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] do you hate ENTPs

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
That's awful Pink, though kinda interesting because the most anyone's hurt me in my life was an INFJ...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's awful Pink, though kinda interesting because the most anyone's hurt me in my life was an INFJ...

I mean the awful look on his face. It was killing me. Getting eye to eye with someone who's absolutely out of control, and all you want is for them to stop and listen to reason and back the heck away from the edge. He just tore me UP, and without even trying. I kept trying to reason, he kept goring me. Very very bad scene.

It was exposure and pain on both sides. He took it as betrayal and there was no way to make him see that he had to be stopped.

What's the full story about the INFJ? I've heard of this person, haven't I?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mean the awful look on his face. It was killing me. Getting eye to eye with someone who's absolutely out of control, and all you want is for them to stop and listen to reason and back the heck away from the edge. He just tore me UP, and without even trying. I kept trying to reason, he kept goring me. Very very bad scene.

It was exposure and pain on both sides. He took it as betrayal and there was no way to make him see that he had to be stopped.

That's awful hon :( :hug:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

Sounds like it goes way beyond MBTI though... you'd have to be a pretty unhealthy person to go that far, whatever your type.

Eh... we were close friends and more for years, she was often insecure though and used to annoy me by periodically saying she had an 'intuition' that I was mad at her, didn't like her or whatever... we argued sometimes but usually sorted it out... then a time came when my life was really difficult, my dad died and everything just went into chaos, it threw all my finances and my life was taken over by sorting out his affairs as executor, I was grieving (well, putting off grieving because I couldn't afford to think about it, too much to get done) and dealing with irrational (understandably) relatives left, right and centre, plus all the usual daily grind and y'know, it slipped my mind to contact her very much... and for that, right while I was writing the cheque for my dad's funeral I got an e-mail from her telling me out of the blue that she figured our friendship wasn't working and we should call it quits. she was the only one I'd talked to through my sex change from the beginning, my divorce, all the stuff I'd been through she was the only one I could talk to who'd been through it all with me and it left me really alone at a most vulnerable time. Because apparently, that's what you do when someone forgets to reassure you constantly that they're not mad at you :doh:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok, the constant reassurance that someone isn't mad at you thing would wear me out. No explanation or anything other than the "I'm outta here" statement?

Any rampaging person regardless of type is a nightmare. It's just no matter what I do, I have my fly unzipped with NTps. It's really spooky.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ok, the constant reassurance that someone isn't mad at you thing would wear me out. No explanation or anything other than the "I'm outta here" statement?

Any rampaging person regardless of type is a nightmare. It's just no matter what I do, I have my fly unzipped with NTps. It's really spooky.

I am mad about you, but not in a negative sense :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Get away from my zipper! :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"Dont get ya [screech!] ...into the zip. Cause it hurts you in the mooost sensitive paaaart of your bodyyyy."

Re: OP (This post has mega content): Yeah, hell with 'em.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
you just can't expect an ENTP to not be an ENTP, however pleasant that would be once in a while. I know what to expect from my ENTP friends, and I personally keep a safe psychological distance from them for obvious reasons.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What do you expect ? I am curious :D

bgrn1076l.jpg

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't know enough confirmed ENTPs IRL to come to conclusions but from anectodal examples and OL stuff -- I can see why some ENTPs could drive folks batty or get on their nerves. For me, it depends on the ENTP, because I could totally see myself being really put off or else finding a kindred spirit (it's all about the weighting of the cognitive functions people! LOL)

Some complaints about ENTPS:

Too kinetic energy/non-stop talking/Ne whirlwind. Will tire people out and be "a little much" for them. Or people just find strange. (Okay, this is a shared ENXP critique)

Too much lack of filter on mouth -- people find stuff said inappropriate.

Too 'pushing boundaries', testing people's limits/ joking in a way that people find uncomfortable and unwanted.

Too abrasive and possibly coupled with smugness.

Personal Anecdotes:
I did go on a date with an ENTP dude and it was great. We had this instant chemistry and could go on wild Ne tangents together, unbridled by convention! LOL. He had this scientist meets little boy energy to him that was familiar, peculiar, and attractive all at the same time.

Another ENTP male I met, also highly (overly) educated, was just "a little much" for people. A live wire whirlwind of Ne and word plays that took you a few too many seconds to get and he was off running somewhere else. The INXJ woman who introduced me told me that none of the people she'd introduced to him could stand him, but she just instantly felt comfortable with him. I didn't find him annoying, but I could see what she meant.

Another woman and I both tested as ENTP in a college counselor administered MBTI test. It was for student government and we even did a 'how to work together better' MBTI type workshop. I disliked this woman much and didn't see much in common with her. She seemed way oblivious to environment and said inappropriate things or else would be disrespectful/rudely joking and then have this cutesy pleased with herself look on her face. Like she seriously wanted a golf-clap. She had a casual, flippant attitude about her which I know alarmed some of the other student gov officers (I know, just call 'em a bunch of 'S' nerds :p) It was aggravating having to be around her so much to work with her.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love ENTPs! But then again, I am one.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

Nope. When I asked for an explanation and tried to put across my point of view she just cut me dead and hasn't replied or spoken to me in any way since. It's ironic because she said her neurotic behaviour stemmed from a fear that I'd abandon her, and yet despite my constant reassurance that that'd never happen, she ended up abandoning me!

I don't get it... I never feel particularly like I have any kind of leverage with you... maybe that's just me :laugh:

Too kinetic energy/non-stop talking/Ne whirlwind. Will tire people out and be "a little much" for them. Or people just find strange. (Okay, this is a shared ENXP critique)

Too much lack of filter on mouth -- people find stuff said inappropriate.

Too 'pushing boundaries', testing people's limits/ joking in a way that people find uncomfortable and unwanted.

Too abrasive and possibly coupled with smugness.

Another ENTP male I met, also highly (overly) educated, was just "a little much" for people. A live wire whirlwind of Ne and word plays that took you a few too many seconds to get and he was off running somewhere else.

Yeah, stuff like this makes me think the stage is a good place for ENTP's, the sorta lounge bar performer like Noel Coward, Oscar Wilde, that kind of thing... where the ENTP-ness that's "just too much" in person can be released on stage where it's hilarious and entertaining in its proper context.

Like this... (parody)
YouTube - Monty Python visits Oscar Wilde
or this...
YouTube - Doug Stanhope : Having interesting thoughts? Don't worry...

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nope. When I asked for an explanation and tried to put across my point of view she just cut me dead and hasn't replied or spoken to me in any way since. It's ironic because she said her neurotic behaviour stemmed from a fear that I'd abandon her, and yet despite my constant reassurance that that'd never happen, she ended up abandoning me!

This is actually a pretty common phenomena isn't it? Self-fulfilling neuroses? ("I'll abandon him before he can abandon me!") :doh:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yikes. That's a set-up if ever there was one. I don't believe I've ever left a friend behind because I thought they'd leave me first. I know that happens, but psychologically, I'm not there. What was your POV, if you don't mind my asking? Perhaps she was more attached to you than just friends?

I don't get it... I never feel particularly like I have any kind of leverage with you... maybe that's just me :laugh:

Really? :shock: You were always saying something to make me reconsider my position. Perhaps I just cover it up well? *puzzlement*

When I'd mentioned in my blog about a long-time ENTP friend calling me finally after a weird unexplained absence (still unexplained at this time), I was really upset and hurt and had been unable to reach him and finally gave up because the last thing I want is to badger someone, but when he called, it's like I just wanted to hear his voice and have him tell me what happened. I forgot to be angry. I started crying, I was so relieved. I care that much about him. I just wanted to know what the deal was. And once I knew it wasn't about me (not me being needy, you would have to know the circumstances which I won't go into), I didn't care why he'd been gone. Once he called, he wasn't "gone" anymore to me. See?! Puddle of goo!! I'm that raging bull that charges and charges around but then sits in a flower patch and cries when the other moo-moos return.

Yes. I said moo-moos.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
This seems a silly question, because IRL people don't come with a type label like they do in these forums. Further, I would hope that anybody who bothers to become interested enough in MBTI to frequent these forums would get more out of typology than new ways to be prejudiced and hateful. If you're not interested in learning more about other types with an open mind and an open heart, why even be here at all? I don't get it why anybody would hate any type at all, including the oft-maligned ESTJ type.

I'm not even sure I have any sort of stereotype in my mind for the ENTP type, anyway. I vaguely imagine them to be enterprising, maybe prone to starting a lot of business ventures or having multiple careers. I don't really imagine much else when I think about them. All the ENTPs around here don't seem to be carbon copies of each other, either.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another phone call. I went puddle of goo again tonight.

They just have no idea. How easy it would be to rip the bones from my back.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's hard for ENTPs to realize the deep effect they can have on others; the ones I know move [on] easily and frequently. The good news is they're so optimistic and pleasant; the bad news is they don't stay put and don't easily indulge or understand the feelings of other people.

I certainly don't hate ENTPs, but they can be frustrating in the personal realm.