• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] ESFJ e2 "The People's ENFP"

Starry

I have been trippin out big time lately on how common it is for ESFJ 2s to believe they are xNFP 4 (if female - generally undecided between ENFP & INFP) or ENFP 7 (if male). It's kinda massive really and like I just told pink I have wanted to start a thread on it but still don't feel like I understand it enough yet to deal with the zero responses it would receive.

I actually appreciate you bringing up the flake-factor because it ties in huge with a trend I notice between the two. Actual ENFPs take themselves quite seriously for the most part and I generally detect a desire to downplay/hide many of the "flaws" we're known for. Like I've explained to another ENFP member...there's shame in that for us and we don't take that for granted. Whereas the mistypes seem to amp it up as a point of pride...they are commonly expressing how <this> they are. They are all of what we've been fighting to change and suppress since entry into the public school system. Very odd.

"You want the Ne? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE Ne."

I've always thought that it was a good thing most Ne doms are 7s because optimism is a good way to combat perpetually feeling like a total alien from another planet.

Tert Ne is fun. Dom Ne scares people so we keep a lid on it. haha

Bottom line: You don't just tell someone you think they're actually an ESFJ without expecting to do major psychological damage to the person right? I mean, I'm surprised this isn't an infactable offense.

At any given time, however, there are just as many (if not more) ESFJ 2s mistyped as ENFPs floatin around as there are actual ENFPs. It has always been this way and frankly it has never bothered me (or any of the other NFPs)... until I started to take notice of just how *helpful* the ESFJ 2 truly is.

In other words, these folks are generally the first to "reach out" to others in an effort to help posters with the ENFPs in their lives. They reach out to ENFPs seeking advice as well...but there appears to be a greater likelihood that these mistypes reach out to other types in an effort to answer their ENFP questions and provide advice. And they can seemingly cover a hell of a lot more ground (with what is quite often unhelpful advice) than actual ENFPs. And they do it with rainbows.

You don't just tell someone you think they're actually an ESFJ... but you sure the fuck don't tell them if they're simultaneously e2 and mistyped as ENFP because this is what the ENFP is now. These mistypes have earned the name "The People's ENFP".

I want to understand why this happens. These folks absolutely believe they are ENFPs...and so does everyone else. I have seen it where these guys are actually producing test results of ESFJ...and people will still work to convince them they are ENFP. The NFPs can see it...but no one else appears to. Why?

Starry

[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION]

I wrote that op so poorly...but would be interested in anything you had to say on the topic. I doubt anything can be done about it though...it is just difficult to repeatedly witness because ENFPs have some unique challenges...like every type does. But I have seen this mistype enough to believe there is an actual interference here when it comes to ENFPs receiving meaningful help. Perhaps not a significant one - idk - but a very real one.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see that about esfjs. :) It's fun to have Fe directed at me for a change. :whistling:

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
That vine = cute

I worry that I am going to spew a lot of useless nonsense into this thread, but hopefully y'all don't mind. I am really interested in this topic!

I wanted to say that, on the forums, most of the time I have to draw out the ENFPs/INFPs to answer my questions. The people who I feel comfortable calling NFPs ...are actually NOT that active ...despite appearing to be.

the library is closing, so I will come back to complete my thought.

Starry

That vine = cute

I worry that I am going to spew a lot of useless nonsense into this thread, but hopefully y'all don't mind. I am really interested in this topic!

I wanted to say that, on the forums, most of the time I have to draw out the ENFPs/INFPs to answer my questions. The people who I feel comfortable calling NFPs ...are actually NOT that active ...despite appearing to be.

the library is closing, so I will come back to complete my thought.

As you may be able to tell...I hold spewing useless nonsense in the highest regard. That is the beginning of all reason.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION]

I wrote that op so poorly...but would be interested in anything you had to say on the topic. I doubt anything can be done about it though...it is just difficult to repeatedly witness because ENFPs have some unique challenges...like every type does. But I have seen this mistype enough to believe there is an actual interference here when it comes to ENFPs receiving meaningful help. Perhaps not a significant one - idk - but a very real one.

OK I'll do it here.

ESFJ function order: Fe Si Ne Ti
ENFP function order: Ne Fi Te Si
INFJ function order: Ni Fe Ti Se

From this you can see that the ESFJ does not have a lot in common with the ENFP. Neither does the INFJ, another common mistype. I find it really hard to see how these mistypes could occur if the person understands the theory. I think a newbie in this situation should take a cognitive function test (Dario Nardi's is the best) then ask us to interpret it for them.

Enneagram is murkier. Because the Enneagram measures core fears and desires (which nobody is going to spill out in full on here), I am loath to criticise anyone's self-typing if they've spent a lot of time investigating it. With newbies, it's best to direct them to the right places and see if they change their mind later.

Online personality forums are INxx haunts, and for extroverted recruits of any sort they probably feel a bit daunting. So I can see the incentive to take on a "popular" type if you are an ESFJ. Ironically 4s and INFJs are much less popular in real life.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
*clutches pearls*
*subscribes to thread*

I have a question. If most of the ENFPs are ESFJs does that mean that ESFJs are the actual INTJ soul-stealing seducers and heart-breakers or nah?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'll be an ESFJ 2 why the fuck not who cares?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But does it really matter though? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Starry

OK I'll do it here.

ESFJ function order: Fe Si Ne Ti
ENFP function order: Ne Fi Te Si
INFJ function order: Ni Fe Ti Se

From this you can see that the ESFJ does not have a lot in common with the ENFP. Neither does the INFJ, another common mistype. I find it really hard to see how these mistypes could occur if the person understands the theory. I think a newbie in this situation should take a cognitive function test (Dario Nardi's is the best) then ask us to interpret it for them.

Enneagram is murkier. Because the Enneagram measures core fears and desires (which nobody is going to spill out in full on here), I am loath to criticise anyone's self-typing if they've spent a lot of time investigating it. With newbies, it's best to direct them to the right places and see if they change their mind later.

Online personality forums are INxx haunts, and for extroverted recruits of any sort they probably feel a bit daunting. So I can see the incentive to take on a "popular" type if you are an ESFJ. Ironically 4s and INFJs are much less popular in real life.

What's ironic from my own standpoint after having watched as a helpless onlooker for so many years (haha) is I think it's the ESFJs that have actually secured our popular reputation.

I'm also going to need more from you btw. :wink:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
What's ironic from my own standpoint after having watched as a helpless onlooker for so many years (haha) is I think it's the ESFJs that have actually secured our popular reputation.

Oh, different strokes for different folks. An ESFJ would bore me to death but an ENFP could make me tear my hair out.

I'm also going to need more from you btw. :wink:

OK then...

Starry

*clutches pearls*
*subscribes to thread*

I have a question. If most of the ENFPs are ESFJs does that mean that ESFJs are the actual INTJ soul-stealing seducers and heart-breakers or nah?

EXACTLY. Thank you Sinclair.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
As you may be able to tell...I hold spewing useless nonsense in the highest regard. That is the beginning of all reason.

So wait, are you saying that the mistyped people floating around mean we can't tailor support to ENFPs on here...

I thought this place was for people to chat about typology. Since when is it a therapy group?

(though I admit a lot of us either are in therapy or need to be)

Starry

So wait, are you saying that the mistyped people floating around mean we can't tailor support to ENFPs on here...

I thought this place was for people to chat about typology. Since when is it a therapy group?

(though I admit a lot of us either are in therapy or need to be)

Please don't start being a dick. I appreciate questions but wtf with the "Since when is it a therapy group?" Are you not able to see that by doing that you are making assumptions regarding my meaning prior to allowing me to express an answer and it comes across as arrogant. Let people answer dude. Don't characterize them as if you know.

I'll have to come back now to answer...