• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF hypersensitivity

NFs only, do you consider yourself hypersensitive?

• Yes

Votes: 71 79.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Would you call yourself hypersensitive?

Sensitivity implies acute awareness of an entity, so in this case I have in mind an acute awareness of emotion.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
you know it all depends how attached I am to the person or situation.

The closer and more linked I am the more hypersensitive I become. The more distance I have the less I notice things.

So I can't really answer the question

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you know it all depends how attached I am to the person or situation.

The closer and more linked I am the more hypersensitive I become. The more distance I have the less I notice things.

So I can't really answer the question

I mean in general. Acute perception of feelings. Like NTs tend to be acutely aware of thoughts and are always analytical...this is the parallel that I am drawing..

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
To the extent I am a feeler, I am acutely aware of nuance, and feel what I do feel intensely, although I don't take the latter very seriously.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
alright so I personally do tend to pick up on the 'undertones' if you will of the situation. Unspoken vibes I guess you would call them.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean in general. Acute perception of feelings. Like NTs tend to be acutely aware of thoughts and are always analytical...this is the parallel that I am drawing..

Isn't it possible for NTs to be hypersensitive and NFs to be acutely aware of their thought process?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Isn't it possible for NTs to be hypersensitive and NFs to be acutely aware of their thought process?

*blinks* That is topic dependent isn't it? NTs can be hypersensitive about their own ideas... NFs can be overly aware of their thoughts towards themselves and their relationships with others.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

No. All NTs are robots. We aren't sensitive about anything. No passion for anything. No reaction to anything.

NFs never think. That's why they are Feelers. They would never reflect on their own way of thinking of things.

[/sarcasm][/irritation]

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Sensitive? Yes. Hypersensitive? Hell no.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. All NTs are robots. We aren't sensitive about anything. No passion for anything. No reaction to anything.

Exactly. I have no idea what BlueWing was thinking. :dry:

Of course, that doesn't upset me. Nothing does. I was just stating an observation. Of course. Yes. That was it.

nightning said:
*blinks* That is topic dependent isn't it? NTs can be hypersensitive about their own ideas... NFs can be overly aware of their thoughts towards themselves and their relationships with others.

Oh dear. This really does not bode well for the theory. Now what should I think?! :shock:

.... gee, i think my logic circuit is stuck in "sarcasm" mode today. Someone call a technician...

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Yeah... yeah... everyone voted no because they thought hypersensitive was something deragatory...

I'd be complimented if someone said I was hypersensitive to pure thought...that'd mean the same thing as 'very analytical and is or has potential to excell at pure reason'...

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Which is why you won't find anyone saying it.

I dont need for others to compliment me in order to feel good for myself, or to insult me in order to be aware of my own weaknesses. I am well aware of them on my own. This is much more than you could ever hope to be able to claim.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont need for others to compliment me in order to feel good for myself, or to insult me in order to be aware of my own weaknesses. I am well aware of them on my own. This is much more than you could ever hope to be able to claim.

That last line seems like a very emotionally hypersensitive response.
Have you been working on your NF skills? :smile:

Langrenus

I'm stunned. Since that response was completely irrational I believe that we might have detected a little hypersensitivity in feeling there.

Edit: Damn you Jennifer

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edit: Damn you Jennifer

:D

You seem a little touchy too. *poke poke*

--

Oh, let's just stop beating around the bush:

All right, everyone, today is

:static: FREE HYPERSENSITIVITY DAY!!! :static:

Without regard for your type, please feel free to be as HYPERSENSITIVE and ORNERY as you feel!!

(jerks)

Langrenus

Don't tread on me...

BW, I apologise for what was a completely unnecessary and unhelpful comment.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't consider myself hypersensitive, but probably come across that way. I keep everything bottled up, then someone says something insensitive on a day when everything else is going wrong, I go off on them. Even though that same thing on any other day wouldn't phase me. If they apologize sincerely or explain what the mean/how it wasn't insensitive I might forgive them. Though I will forgive them as I tend to be guilty over nothing. I'll forget to do something for someone that I said I would and even if I don't like the person I will make it up to them.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yeah... yeah... everyone voted no because they thought hypersensitive was something deragatory...

I'd be complimented if someone said I was hypersensitive to pure thought...that'd mean the same thing as 'very analytical and is or has potential to excell at pure reason'...
"Hyper" means "overly."