• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Help with an ENFP male "friend"

klneswt

MBTI Type
INFJ
(I'm an INFJ female)

So this ENFP male and I have been texting off and on for two years+, (we've had feelings for each other in the past) and he's said things to me like "you spark my imagination", and wanted to travel with me, and asked me what my romantic interests were, we were having a deep conversation and then he abruptly texted that I should go out with him sometime, and said that we should write stuff together. We had tentatively planned for him to come spend time with me over break as well. But then I've seen his profile photo on FB is with another girl, and there's like 4 or 5 photos of them together. They're not making out or anything, but he's leaning on her shoulder, or they're really close. And she also has the same profile picture of them. So I'm very confused.. I've heard ENFPs can be very affectionate, but I dunno. It would be one thing if it was just him posting these, but the girl changed her photo too.
Any insights from ENFPs especially, would be appreciated.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ask.

He may just have taken a trip with a friend and they're sharing that experience with others on Facebook, or he may be in a serious committed relationship. The only way to know is to ask. Just toss out something like 'Kewl pic...new squeeze? :alttongue:'
Chances are he'll answer candidly :)

camelgirl88

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Coming from another INFJ in a pseudo-relationship with an ENFP...

I agree. Ask. You will never know for sure until you ask. I have learned that the best way to know what the ENFP is truly thinking is to ask. You can guess, which isn't 100% foolproof, or you can know for sure.

The deeper your relationship goes, the more you will learn to read him and the more you will get used to their extremely social nature. Last night, my ENFP wanted to introduce himself to complete strangers just because he was intrigued by watching them at the concert we went to. All in a day's work for an ENFP. :D

klneswt

MBTI Type
INFJ
Okay, thank you both :). I'm kinda shy so it will be hard lol. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so dang much lol.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, thank you both :). I'm kinda shy so it will be hard lol. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so dang much lol.

It's okay to care, we all do at some point or another.

Though I agree with the other posters. You should just ask your friend. :)