• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most likely type to experiment with drugs

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yea I was gonna keep it going but I didn't wanna have the reputation of hardcore drug addict.

hugin

MBTI Type
NF
Yea I was gonna keep it going but I didn't wanna have the reputation of hardcore drug addict.

I've seen people struggle more getting rid of the reputation than the habit. :newwink:

Last edited:

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Don't do it! It's the gateway drug! All downhill from there.
Not trying to tell people to try it out or anything but I've smoken marijuana and I never did anything heavier nor would I ever do.

Who starts with speed or ecstasy? It all starts with smoking pot with a friend or at a party, then you smoke with a group of friends, then you smoke alone. All drugs follow the same pattern, and once you've tried pot, the odds of you trying heavy drugs are through the roof when compared to someone who hadn't smoked pot.

Sure, there are plenty of people who only smoke weed (and function normally, at that), but when you get somebody else to smoke it you don't know what kind of addict they have the potential to become.

jurma

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm an ENFP and have been addicted to opiates for two years now. Curiously, what I found is that, even though I commonly can't finish anything I start and have a real problem with perseverance, I seem to have no problem with continuing using every day, even though it has become a routine and there's nothing I supposedly hate more. I guess addiction doesn't take stock of MBTI types. :) Sure, it's easier for us Ne types to become addicted, since we're so hooked from the beginning on novelty and sensationalism. But I guess a J would break a habit faster than I would, because we Ps are so wired to seek instant gratification and we can't ever behave rationally -- that is, sacrifice a smaller gratification now for the sake of a bigger satisfaction later.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Maybe this is just my observation, but I'm convinced INFPs struggle the most with addiction and depression issues. Perhaps it comes from being very sensitive and being loners, as well as the combination of introverted feeling and extroverted intuition. Three close friends of mine who are all INFPs have struggled with substance abuse issues (ranging from marijuana to cocaine to heroin), and all three to me seem to have a history of depression as well. All three had serious issues with marijuana (sometimes in combination with other things). I support the legalization of marijuana and I think it is very possible to use marijuana without becoming addicted, but these three were the "wake-and-bake" type who had to smoke up before leaving their room in the morning and would smoke before going to class or to work. Very sad, and I often am unsure what to do as I see a friend descending into this mess. Luckily one girl finally went to AA and is about to celebrate six months of sobriety, but another friend (the apartmentmate of my fiance and I, actually) smokes himself just about catatonic every day and it's hard to know what to do to help. We've tried heart-to-hearts with him but he gets very defensive. I guess a person has to be ready to change. I've also noticed that these three all tend toward unhealthy, emotionally abusive relationships.

Anyway, anyone else noticed substance abuse/depression issues with INFPs?

Izzybeef

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
72w3
i'm an enfp and i believe drug experimentation is almost necissary for the human experience...at least hallucinagens

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I think most ISTPs, whether or not they had a nagging interest in trying drugs, would at least be open to the possibility.

I once saw on a type description page for ISTP "Willing to try anything once," which definitely fits. I would try anything once, except death :p -- you only get one shot at that.

Putin

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm an ENTJ and I have experimented with all kinds of drugs.