• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Am I a damn INFJ or a fucked-up INTJ?

huayra207

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why not try another approach to see your cognitive tendencies?

The main way an INFJ and an INTJ differs are on their auxillary funtions - Fe and Te. Usually Fe's more about group dynamics and how you just 'feel' the mood people have around you, while Te's more of an action-guy - what do we need to do, based on previous info? Suffice to say an INTJ and an INFJ may have very differing styles despite their mutual affinity for Ni - when a group's arguing about what to do, say, at work, the INFJ might be the guy who just asks everyone one-by-one, try to gauge the mood in the group to tell what the group actually wants, and then come up with something that fits with all of them. The Te guy may be more liable to simply account for variables at play in the situation - say, the job's requirement, and lead everyone to do what he thinks will get the job done, and plan for an action that will get everyone to agree to his suggestion.

If I did a bad job explaining that, try searching for Te and Fe and see which one you tend to use. That usually helps.

- - - Updated - - -

INTJ - Ni Te Fi Se
INFJ - Ni Fe Ti Se

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why not try another approach to see your cognitive tendencies?

The main way an INFJ and an INTJ differs are on their auxillary funtions - Fe and Te. Usually Fe's more about group dynamics and how you just 'feel' the mood people have around you, while Te's more of an action-guy - what do we need to do, based on previous info? Suffice to say an INTJ and an INFJ may have very differing styles despite their mutual affinity for Ni - when a group's arguing about what to do, say, at work, the INFJ might be the guy who just asks everyone one-by-one, try to gauge the mood in the group to tell what the group actually wants, and then come up with something that fits with all of them. The Te guy may be more liable to simply account for variables at play in the situation - say, the job's requirement, and lead everyone to do what he thinks will get the job done, and plan for an action that will get everyone to agree to his suggestion.

If I did a bad job explaining that, try searching for Te and Fe and see which one you tend to use. That usually helps.

- - - Updated - - -

INTJ - Ni Te Fi Se
INFJ - Ni Fe Ti Se

WARNING

*slightly self-absorbed post*

Based on this, I am an INTJ. It is one of the best, if simple, explanations for Fe vs Te (or maybe it's just the timing for me). I realize I don't like a lot of input from others because I feel like I know and can see the best way to do something. That is definitely Te over Fe, no? However, I can Fe well. I think however I have learned to Fe to serve my Te. I did test INTP (barely on the T and P) on the official MBTI test. But I think more and more I am a T, though I have tested more as an F, either due to faulty questions, or being a woman and serving in a traditional female role.

Fe serves others first and foremost, right? And believes that what is 'right' is what others express as being right for them, and incorporating it all into a working whole.

Te serves the system first and foremost, right? And believes that what is 'right' is what external indicators point to as being right, independent of bias; which then incorporates it into an efficient system.

I am intj. :shock: (my bio mom is one and my eldest son is one, so i guess i shouldn't be surprised)

Actually, inxj is probably more practical, since i can switch pretty easily between the two.

EDIT: wait, wait, wait. I think i am botching it with the F misunderstanding. We tend to think of F as involving other people, Fe especially. F just means we feel about things, versus using parameters to judge it, we use an ......consulting my book. i will be back....

new post following...

huayra207

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
WARNING

*slightly self-absorbed post*

Based on this, I am an INTJ. It is one of the best, if simple, explanations for Fe vs Te (or maybe it's just the timing for me). I realize I don't like a lot of input from others because I feel like I know and can see the best way to do something. That is definitely Te over Fe, no? However, I can Fe well. I think however I have learned to Fe to serve my Te. I did test INTP (barely on the T and P) on the official MBTI test. But I think more and more I am a T, though I have tested more as an F, either due to faulty questions, or being a woman and serving in a traditional female role.

Fe serves others first and foremost, right? And believes that what is 'right' is what others express as being right for them, and incorporating it all into a working whole.

Te serves the system first and foremost, right? And believes that what is 'right' is what external indicators point to as being right, independent of bias; which then incorporates it into an efficient system.

I am intj. :shock: (my bio mom is one and my eldest son is one, so i guess i shouldn't be surprised)

Actually, inxj is probably more practical, since i can switch pretty easily between the two.

Again, the parity lies on what is actually the main purpose of the action itself. Both Te and Fe can be nice and accommodating to people, but Fe actually absorbs the mood around them. It may lift them up or make them feel terrible. Therefore, it is in the interest of the Fe user to be in a nice and comfortable presence, thus making them averse to conflict and making niceties with other people.

Te users don't experience that. All they need to do is try and achieve the goal in mind, and one of the available ways to do that is to act nice. But since the room's mood don't really affect them (Fi doesn't absorb the room's mood, per-se), they could simply disregard the room's mood if the Te-user thinks it is not an important variable in their pursuit of achieving their goal, or even aggravate the mood around them if it pushes them towards their goal.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe and Te defined per Psychological Types by Jung

Fe defined from Psychological Types, pps. 354-358:

Fe is oriented by objective data, always in harmony with objective values; it detaches itself as much as possible from the subjective factor and subordinates itself entirely to the influence of the object. It is always under the spell of traditional or generally accepted values of some kind.

More feeling types to be found among women. Follows feeling as a guide throughout life. Her feelings harmonize with objective situations and general values. They cannot think about what they do not feel; every conclusion, however logical, that might lead to a disturbance of feeling is rejected at the outset; it is simply not thought. The person will become so assimilated to the object (other person) that the personality will become completely dissolved in the feeling of the moment. Since actual life can evoke different situations to feel about, the personality can appear split in different feeling states, i.e. 'drama', irrational, or hysterical behavior.

~~~

Te defined from Psychological Types, pps. 342-354:

Te is oriented by the object and objective data. This gives rise to noticeable peculiarity. Te is conditioned by objective data transmitted by sense-perception. For Te criterion supplied by external conditions is the valid and determining one, whether it is represented by an objective, perceptible fact or by an objective idea; for an objective idea is equally determined by external data or borrowed from outside even when it is subjectively sanctioned. Te need not be concrete; it can be purely ideal thinking, if it can be shown that the ideas it operates with are largely borrowed from outside (by tradition or education).

Te comes into existence only when the objective orientation predominates, it is captivated by the object and dependent upon it so much so that without the object thought would not exist. Can seem limited at times, dependent on what external criteria are available. Ti appears quite arbitrary to a Te user, while Te seems dull and banal to a Ti user. The two orientations are incessantly at war. :)

Interesting. I am definitely T based on the differences between F and T defined here. And I am more Ti than Te. So I guess I am an INTP.

I will make a post on Ti/Fi next, so stay tuned.

If I am a P, and my bio mom is an intj, I wonder if my bio dad was not an ExFP of some sort?

and no wonder i have no mate. :(