• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] How is Ne used exactly?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
This post is making me wonder if I'm really an ENFJ. I mean, someone saying the word "hat" would not conjure up that many images at once. Also, I have some problems with Bluewing's ENFP profile (and perhaps others?) which said that enfp's involuntarily submit to authority. I make it a point to question the legitamacy of any authority. But I do suck the life out of something and then just move on- and I'm unequivically scatterbrained. I'm going to have to mull this over.

If BlueWing said that then it was either a misunderstanding or he's way off. ENTP is the type least likely to submit to authority. I don't believe ENFP is much different. In fact I think ENFP is most likely to be the "Rage Against The Machine"/"Stick It To The Man" activist type.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
LMFAO... Into it, you sound like a total ENFP... you know the saying: Takes one to know one.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Into It, you'll learn to take BW's posts with a dose of salt pretty quickly I think, if you but browse his "back issues" for half an hour...

To say ENFP's automatically submit to authority's the biggest crock I ever heard.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Ne is best used for finding inconsistencies, contradictions, hypocritical things.

Michael Moore's movie "Bowling for Columbine" is a good example of Ne being used.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
XNFP's tend to hate beaurocrasy.

anyway, they way i see Ne is the world is full of possiblities. anything can be linked. for example, if you think of an object all of the sudden you are flooded with images and ideas and such. ya that example but all of those ideas and images are linked in some way, though the links may seem trivial

idk thats how I see it

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If BlueWing said that then it was either a misunderstanding or he's way off. ENTP is the type least likely to submit to authority. I don't believe ENFP is much different. In fact I think ENFP is most likely to be the "Rage Against The Machine"/"Stick It To The Man" activist type.
I have seen in a few places where they to tend to be submissive. Usually to friends, but sometimes to authority as well. Like here:ENFP Profile

Perhaps the combination of introverted Feeling and childlike introverted Sensing is responsible for the silent pull of ENFPs to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of indecisive intuition in combination with the ambiguity of secondary Fi and tertiary Te that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever the dynamic, ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.

Maybe that's what was being thought of regarding "submission"?
After all, they are considered "cooperative" (do what's right) rather than "pragmatic" (do what works). It's when a value is violated that they go against authority.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Whilst I know at least one female ENFP who gives into a very unreasonable and selfish husband far too often and sees it as her duty in life to make him happy even at her own expense, I also know my brother who has been singularly unable to hold down a single job in his entire life for more than six months before either being fired or walking out exactly because he would not submit to or respect authority.

I think the crucial deciding factor might be that in the case of the woman, she has CHOSEN the guy, chosen to have him 'over' her (no pun intended), to have him in her life - that particular guy. She's given him the authority over her, so she's willing to give way. Whereas my brother didn't get to choose the particular people who were in authority over him, he didn't GIVE them the authority, they just assumed it because of external circumstances. So he didn't see it as valid or even existent.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting point. That, again, probably ties into the parent Fi.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Michael Moore's movie "Bowling for Columbine" is a good example of Ne being used.

... and, as a tangent, probably not being supported by Ti.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Did we ever discuss MM's type?

I've never really thought much about it, but I'd investigate him as ENFP first now that I've had to think about it a moment.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have seen in a few places where they to tend to be submissive. Usually to friends, but sometimes to authority as well. Like here:ENFP Profile

Perhaps the combination of introverted Feeling and childlike introverted Sensing is responsible for the silent pull of ENFPs to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of indecisive intuition in combination with the ambiguity of secondary Fi and tertiary Te that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever the dynamic, ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.

Maybe that's what was being thought of regarding "submission"?
After all, they are considered "cooperative" (do what's right) rather than "pragmatic" (do what works). It's when a value is violated that they go against authority.

"ENFP's are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends." That is probably a better way of saying it, than to say they "submit to authority". Ultimately every individual is different, but ENFP's tend to be countercultural in general, and that is why I wouldn't say that they tend to submit to authority.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Did we ever discuss MM's type?

I've never really thought much about it, but I'd investigate him as ENFP first now that I've had to think about it a moment.

Hmm . . . I can see that, particularly the ENF part.

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
Not sure if this is other people's experience too, but one thing I've noticed is that I feel like answers come to me, but from outside myself. I often get a feeling like I've been in the right place at the right time. I'll meet someone, have a conversation, see a poster on a wall, click the right link on a website, and some small, random piece of information will set off a chain that was just what I needed to get to the place my brain needed to go. If you read a lot of Virginia Woolf's essays they show this kind of thinking where seeing something can remind you of something else and lead to all these new ideas. As opposed to Ni, which from how I've heard it described sounds like answers also come to them, but they'd feel like they came from inside. It sounds like ideas just "appear" to Ni, but Ne has to really look for them and form them from something else.
I have a tendency to make associations that other people don't always understand at first. Or I'll say something and the other person will be surprised at the quick change of conversation topic. But the conversation seemed to flow for me, it's just that a couple of skips were made in my head, that looked like a huge jump to the person outside. Coz they can't hear my thoughts. Damn you non psychic people!! :ranting:
I tend to throw ideas out there, I guess that's brainstorming. I get annoyed sometimes when I make some observation or mention an idea I had, and the other person acts like I believe it's true. And starts picking it apart with an attitude like I'm an idiot for even mentioning it. IT WAS JUST AN IDEA!!!

Also that the "real world" is coloured by imagination. I don't see sunlight coming through the window like I guess an Se would. I see golden coins tumbling through and bouncing along the floor. It reminds me of synaesthesia. Or I might think of the sun and how it's always there and then that will lead onto something else.
I think Ne tends to be kind of playful and silly too. I like pretending I'm a fairy and running around being stupid.
I'm not sure if this is true but possibly preferring activities to relationships. Like you might prefer to go to an amusement park with someone, than sit in a coffee shop making chitchat. You're still together, but one is more social. But I might be confusing that with another preference.

The fact that my posts are so long might have to do with Ne. Too many ideas and too many ways to describe them. Not enough filtering. Saying the same thing over and over again in different ways. sigh :newwink:

Last edited:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Ne is my entire being. to me, it's the conclusions that i draw based on what other would think of as too little evidence. it's the things that other people don't notice. it's fast and fluent. like noticing all the ways out when you're looking for an escape route while still running.

but honestly, i think there's more to Ne than just what is defined. i've witnessed too many things to be proven otherwise. i've been complimented and accused for the use of NLP, which i didn't even know about until someone complimented me for it. i think a strong Ne has a way of... bending the rules. i cannot say anymore; i wouldn't want to jeopardize my existence on these forums.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Explain to me the blueprint to your Ne, formulate the dynamics, analyze the facts and exaggerate to get your audiences attention, boom baby, formulate your Ne !

post11161963751349755953robo.jpg