• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] organized F intellegence

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've thought about the idea how F things are supposed to be so organized and worthwhile. I've mistaken myself for an F for a few years, tho not anymore.. I'm not quite on the mood for it anymore. One thing I've seriously wondered is some supposed F "organized thinking" combined with a form of "intelligence".

For what it has seemed to me, it's just a ranking of who you like most.

You like the ideas of the party X the most, so they win over the party Y, including their logic, their facts and their ideas.

Throw in some random quotes about everyone being entitled to their opinions, and the opposing ideas Y not appealing to your mood Z. You may add some irrelevant logical quotes as you wish, too.

So there you have it. F organized intelligence demystified.

Yes. It's simply a ranking of favorites.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've thought about the idea how F things are supposed to be so organized and worthwhile. I've mistaken myself for an F for a few years, tho not anymore.. I'm not quite on the mood for it anymore. One thing I've seriously wondered is some supposed F "organized thinking" combined with a form of "intelligence".

You like the ideas of the party X the most, so they win over the party Y, including their logic, their facts and their ideas.

Throw in some random quotes about everyone being entitled to their opinions, and the opposing ideas Y not appealing to your mood Z. You may add some irrelevant logical quotes as you wish, too.

i could be totally misreading as to what you're talking about.

but i almost get the sense that F's can't ever have their own ideas, views and evidences according to you??? :shock: if im reading you're post wrong, then please explain...

Atomic Fiend

Haha, oh wow.

You get points for effort.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Anyone speak incoherent English here, that would care to translate?

Just to comment, over the last year, I have become increasingly cold and unempathetic to anyone and everyone. I don't know if this is just me getting bored with my current situtation or a real switch of archetype happening.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone speak incoherent English here, that would care to translate?

Just to comment, over the last year, I have become increasingly cold and unempathetic to anyone and everyone. I don't know if this is just me getting bored with my current situtation or a real switch of archetype happening.

its your juggernaught mode! (tertiary Te + oppositional Ni ....when im stressed it comes out as Te + Si.... not as good)

mine likes to come out when Fi gives it the go ahead signal...he can smash through walls and take over the world!!! (if Fi said it was ok :devil:)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1

explain this please

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Actually I've never heard anything about Fs doing things in organized fashion but maybe I just haven't stuck around to hear it yet...
How would "T intelligence" "vote" then? I think they(Fs..I guess) would choose based on their personal values which can sometimes change...they're quite different from mood swings.
Yes people are entitled to their own opinions, however everyone who strongly believes in their opinion will theirs as the "right one" and if their opinion is in conflict with other people's they'll defend it it's perfectly normal. That's not even an F thing, everybody does that.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
T doesn't necessarily mean organized and neither does J

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I really can't believe organized thinking processes being executed with either of the F functions. When someone is adept in leading the opinions of others or planning how a group of people will react emotionally, they are actually using T to organize and plan and F to evaluate situations and to form the data for the problem-solving process.

The process may be data-driven, in which case it's a F-driven process, just executed with T.

Proficiency in organized thinking is not demonstrated when someone exhibits some classical Fi/Fe skills; adorable, great host/hostess, nice, sociable, in touch with their feelings and the motivations of others and such.

There are a lot of people combining T and F skillfully, for example in diplomacy, negotiations, poker, and in a multitude of entertainment industry professions.

Everyone has to use almost all of the functions in order to work. I'm also not arguing that people with preferred F can't think; I'm arguing about functions, not people.

I'm arguing against the popular idea of F functions being "just as good" for thinking as T. Usually the adherents of the idea are quite logical, just more people/values/community driven. With such people, the actions are logical for the most part, at least what it seems like on the top. Then there's the core of F-driven preferences - values - which I reduced to a ranking of "likes" and "hates".

Such people may feel their motivation and thought processes being F-driven, and they may want to describe the process as "thinking with F", "F-thinking" or such. I'm arguing the phenomenon is best explained by describing the use of F functions as something that supplies data, evaluates personally meaningful issues and such, whereas it's T they use for organizing the data in an intelligent way.

The core of F seems anything but "thinking" to me, tho both can be utilized at the same time for good results.