• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why Fs are smarter than Ts

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Have you ever watched meerkat manor or any discovery channel shows. Social dynamics came way before logical analysis.

Yes, I watch both of those shows. There, you have seen my inner geek. By the way, Tony Stark (INTJ) up there and I are very good friends. Whenever a theory comes up that interests one of us but is provocative to the other (T vs F stuff) we can't wait to run and tell the other one.

Strange friendships INFJs & INTJs :) I am certain the stangeness is inherit to the awesomeness.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I don't bother reading all the posts.
The OP might be right in the sense that Fs are more likely to be more socially intelligent. According to Daniel Goleman social intelligence has a lot to do with the ability to empathize with others.

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have a theory (it's not mine...I just found it somewhere I can't remember)that seems to annoy my NT friends (mainly INTJs)...and here it is: the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it, it's the social complexities that causes our most evolved bran functions to evolve...I'm just saying, social dynamics are not "irrational"...they are so compex and quickly changing and the quantities so rich and varied, the qualities so universal and regional at the same time...well you need a big brain for that don't you?...

by the way, I'm in total awe of what INTJs can do...but I like messing with them too...so let's just go crazy with this until one of the NT sees us...then it will be on...

:party:

For the sake of the thread, I'll assume you're right: Fs have bigger brains.

But apparently Ts have less self-esteem problems. : D

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
For the sake of the thread, I'll assume you're right: Fs have bigger brains.

But apparently Ts have less self-esteem problems. : D

I don't think either are necessarilly true. But it sounds funny so I may repeat it, if you don't mind.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I don't understand the idea that thinking functions would be smarter anyway. I really don't think either is "smarter" because there are so many different forms of intelligence. Each function is like a form of intelligence in itself...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't understand the idea that thinking functions would be smarter anyway. I really don't think either is "smarter" because there are so many different forms of intelligence. Each function is like a form of intelligence in itself...

Yeah. If intelligence has to do with T or F, wouldn't this make perceiving doms less smart, because their 'intelligence' isn't so inherent to them?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
how does all of this pertain to the real world? what is the point you are trying to make. you may have posted it a couple pages back but i don't feel like going through and finding it. I'm just curious.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
how does all of this pertain to the real world? what is the point you are trying to make. you may have posted it a couple pages back but i don't feel like going through and finding it. I'm just curious.

It doesn't. I apologize.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ok thank you for the explaination. i was just wondering if you were getting at something or just theorizing (<-- sp?).

ngannacvy

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a theory (it's not mine...I just found it somewhere I can't remember)that seems to annoy my NT friends (mainly INTJs)...and here it is: the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it, it's the social complexities that causes our most evolved bran functions to evolve...I'm just saying, social dynamics are not "irrational"...they are so compex and quickly changing and the quantities so rich and varied, the qualities so universal and regional at the same time...well you need a big brain for that don't you?...

by the way, I'm in total awe of what INTJs can do...but I like messing with them too...so let's just go crazy with this until one of the NT sees us...then it will be on...

Yeah, let's just go crazy with this!

but anyways it might just be the "F" function that drives many of us to learn and be smart, because I probably wouldn't do anything with out a reason or motive behind it. And usually my reason is because I'm FEELING carious.

And the Greek philosopher Aristotle taught that the highest form of reasoning and thinking took place in "the heart"...And he's a smart dude right... This term is echoed when a lover says "my heart yearns for you"

I agree with that Ideal Intelligence and type has nothing to do with each other.

ditto... I think NT are great! I find them so cool and interesting. And I love how they're so Independent, how they can think and do for themselves and usually don't needs others to help them...But I still find it entertaining on my part to mess with them a little, I like seeing their reactions.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this thread needs to:
earth_explode.jpg
and never be seen again, in fact all threads like this need this and the creators needs a
KickButt-711202.gif