• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why Fs are smarter than Ts

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
You unnerve me, MM. It might be all the ellipsis. You know, or something else.

That's so funny...I didn't even think about this writing style (I can do several...well not me...each of my personas can do a different one...but I can only be one persona at a time...understand?)...but I did think that it would be very cool if I could be "unnerving"...I did, really...had that exact thought...ah, synchronisity

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Nope.

F types are good with social and moral complexities -- the rest are not their forte. So people are the realm of F types, and Ts get... everything else. And does specialization not breed weakness?

The reason they're on even footing is because, being human ourselves, Ts cannot separate themselves from all things 'F', just as F types cannot separate themselves from the harsh realities of an impersonal world.

Hello there INTJ, well met...I can always count on you guys...

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
That's so funny...I didn't even think about this writing style (I can do several...well not me...each of my personas can do a different one...but I can only be one persona at a time...understand?)...but I did think that it would be very cool if I could be "unnerving"...I did, really...had that exact thought...ah, synchronisity

Oh I get it, you have MPD.

I'm just kidding. I think.

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ
There is an inherent complexity in any social group. Not only must we remember the individuals who make up the group, we must also remember the relationships between them–and while the number of individuals increases arithmetically, the number of relationships grows exponentially. If we have 99 people, and add 1 more, we’ve only added one individual, but 99 new relationships. It seems that it was precisely that complexity that drove the growth of the primate brain. If that is true, then the seperation from Australopithecine to Homo was likely driven by a social evolution. This is the same time we start to see the first stone tools, and possibly the first evidence for hunting, rather than scavenging. Hierarchical troops make social groups less complex, by fitting all members into a strict hierarchy–chimpanzees can get by simply remembering the individuals and their rank. Rhizomatic societies–that is, egalitarian societies–have an exponential number of relationships, as each individual relates to every other individual in new and different ways. As humans became hunter-gatherers, the simple hierarchical model that served so many other primates ceased to suffice. We needed to become egalitarian to survive, and in order to do that, we needed bigger brains relative to our bodies.

That's from a thesis written by a friend of mine. He's an INTJ, by the way, so you can't claim the theory upsets all of them.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh I get it, you have MPD.

I'm just kidding. I think.

I like to think I surf the archtypal stream...MPD sounds so clinical...it infers that I'm insane which is insulting...I'm eccentric...well, very eccentric...but get along very well in the world...I know, I know..you're thinking "that just means your functionally insane"...whatever, man...semantics

That's from a thesis written by a friend of mine. He's an INTJ, by the way, so you can't claim the theory upsets all of them.

an INFP contributes...as it should be...as it should be...good effort...we thank you

by the way, that's what I meant by "enlightening"...I didn't say my INTJ friends got upset...they just got very fired up over the idea...and apparently your friend did as well...fired up enough to write a paper on it...and it would be an INTJ who did it too...those guys never let me down

Last edited by a moderator:

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I like to think I surf the archtypal stream...MPD sounds so clinical...it infers that I'm insane which is insulting...I'm eccentric...well, very eccentric...but get along very well in the world...I know, I know..you're thinking "that just means your functionally insane"...whatever, man...semantics

No, I didn't think that. I was kidding. Haha, you see? Sigh.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
to op: :doh:

I haven't read the thread, because I don't feel like it mostly but, no type is smarter then any others. So no Fs are not smarter then Ts . I'm sure if you look you can find morons in every type. Of course you can find smart people in every type aswell.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hello there INTJ, well met...I can always count on you guys...

This shall be a proper gentleman's duel. I choose Blackmail! as my second. We shall meet at high noon tomorrow...

Well, anyway. Intelligence is such an ill-defined concept that it would be impossible to say that Ts are smarter than Fs or vice-versa. People have been trying to argue this sort of thing forever, and we can keep going until the cows come home.

If it's any indication, I believe the Ts started it, however the Fs are the ones who keep retaliating and won't let it die.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Besides, I think that theory assumes that T's can't understand social dynamics.

Social dynamics is the object.
F's get there one way.
T's get there another way.
F's may get there faster than T's but that doesn't mean they are superior.

There is just too much ego in that theory that I find it hard to approach. Shrug.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This shall be a proper gentleman's duel. I choose Blackmail! as my second. We shall meet at high noon tomorrow...

[youtube=kb3jBVYDtsU]A proper gentleman's duel?[/youtube]

(Scene from Barry Lyndon)

Well, anyway. Intelligence is such an ill-defined concept that it would be impossible to say that Ts are smarter than Fs or vice-versa. People have been trying to argue this sort of thing forever, and we can keep going until the cows come home.

If it's any indication, I believe the Ts started it, however the Fs are the ones who keep retaliating and won't let it die.

Maybe that's part of a game that keeps us all entertained? ;)

Atomic Fiend

wtf+is+this+shit+piccard.jpg

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Relax people. If the claim is that preposterous (reading too much into MBTI is unhealthy to begin with, imo) then there is no need to be upset about it.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
...think about it, it's the social complexities that causes our most evolved bran functions to evolve...
And here I thought it was because of the muffins.
</crappy joke>

So, just because you're an F means that you automatically understand social complexities? I'd actually attribute that more to the S functions, as they're more likely to be aware of what given actions or statements mean in a regular day-to-day conversation. Let's face it, day dreaming and archetypal connections will only get you so far.

And as people have already mentionned, intelligence can't be mesured, at least not well enough for comparison. Especially since most people have a completely different idea of what defines 'intelligence'.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
eh, it's just a theory. don't think the guy is meant to offend. we can go through this kind of stuff like adults. maybe this will put an end to the T > F threads.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
F doesn't just equate to social interaction. It gets channeled in various ways depending on type. Some Fs would rather write than talk to people. Some would rather focus on something artsy fartsy. Also, I've read that INTJs can have very good intuition about people, even if they don't get this intuition through focusing on other peoples' emotions.